Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Skins 30 Day Challenge

I decided to make this because i thought it would be interesting. I have done this before but i will do it again since i havent did it in a while. Its fun.

For each day, give a picture of the character/scene/etc. Also, give a reason why you picked each choice.

Day 1 - Your favorite G1 character
Day 2 - Your favorite G2 character
Day 3 - Your favorite G3 character
Day 4 - Your least favorite character from each gen
Day 5 - Your favorite series
Day 6 - Your least favorite series
Day 7 - Your favorite series 1 episode
Day 8 - Your favorite series 2 episode
Day 9 - Your favorite series 3 episode
Day 10 - Your favorite series 4 episode
Day 11 - Your favorite series 5 episode
Day 12 - Your favorite series 6 episode
Day 13 - Your favorite quote from G1
Day 14 - Your favorite quote from G2
Day 15 - Your favorite quote from G3
Day 16 - Favourite happy or meaningful scene from G1
Day 17 - Favourite happy or meaningful scene from G2
Day 18 - Favourite happy or meaningful scene from G3
Day 19 - Scene that makes you the most sad from G1
Day 20 - Scene that makes you the most sad from G2
Day 21 - Scene that makes you the most sad from G3
Day 22 -Your favorite Skins finale
Day 23 - Your favorite Skins friendship
Day 24 - Your favorite Skins romance
Day 25 - G1 character most like you
Day 26 - G2 character most like you
Day 27 - G3 character most like you
Day 28 - The character that is most like you
Day 29 - Something you love about skins
Day 30 - Your favourite generation

I'll start mine off.

Day 1: Your favorite G1 character

Tony

I love Tony because he is the most complex character of skins and always makes things interesting because he is a sociopath.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

Day 1: Your favorite G1 character:

ANTHONY "TONY" STONEM

The show wishes they can write a character or an anti-hero as flawless as Tony. NEVER POSSIBLE.

Last edited by lisztomania; 03-23-2012 at 11:12 PM
Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Effy Stonem

I love this girl so much, i relate and find her to be almost as complex as Tony just because of how intelligent she is.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
Old 03-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Day 2 - Your favorite G2 character:

ELIZABETH "EFFY" STONEM

She's always been the reason why I gave the second generation a chance. In my mind, she's always been the female counterpart of Tony.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Day 1: Your Favourite Gen 1 Character

MICHELLE RICHARDSON

Michelle may be one of the less out there characters, but to me that doesn't make her boring - I think she's a very subtle, nuanced character. I don't want to write an essay here but there are lots of things I love about her, most of all her feistiness.

Day 2: Your Favourite Gen 2 Character

JAMES COOK

It used to be Effy, but I think as time has gone on I've grown to prefer Cook. He is juts a ****ing amazing character on all levels.

Day 3: Your Favourite Gen 3 Character

RICH HARDBECK

I absolutely adore Rich. I may be biased due to not watching the other gens recently, but I'd say he's my favourite Skins character of all time.

Will do one a day after this
Old 03-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Day 1: Your Favourite Gen 1 Character

CHRIS MILES

He was just a brilliant, funny, kind-hearted character. I loved other characters a lot, but it's definitely Chris for me.

Day 2: Your Favourite Gen 2 Character

KATIE FITCH

I wasn't very connected with many of the gen 2 characters, but Katie definitely won my heart by the end of gen 2 and had a great SL for that series.

Day 3: Your Favourite Gen 3 Character (damn this was hard)
GRACE VIOLET

This was only hard, because I feel bad not choosing Rich, because ultimately for me Rich and Grace are my favorite characters out of all the gens, but Grace is definitely my favorite. I can relate to her more than any character I've seen before on Skins and I really fell in love with the idea of her character when the character profiles were released. (Plus my jess sula girl crush started as soon as the cast photos were released) Then when she said her first line in series 5, which I think was 'wow...', she just had me in her little palm.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Francesca Fitzgerald

I love watching her experience life and having friends. Franky will always have a special place in my heart, i love her.

Day 4 - Your least favorite character from each gen

Gen 1: Jal

Jal was just a boring character who seemed too bitchy all the time.

Gen 2: Thomas

He was just an very uninteresting character, couldnt connect with him.

Gen 3: Nick or Mini
or
I personally hate both Nick and Mini but Nick more. They both get on my nerves constantly.

Last edited by Dark-Zero; 03-24-2012 at 11:42 AM
Old 03-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Jal Fazer

it was hard choosing between chris and jal but i feel jal is a really underrated character. she wasn't always desperate for the ~hedonistic thrills~ just for the sake of being a skins character. she was talented and genuinely cared about her friends and was there for them when noone else would be. she also wasn't willing to take unneccessary sht from anyone. she knew who she was.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Seems fun here on FF too. I'll try to post one every day

Anthony 'Tony' Stonem

"Thing is... I know I can be a wanker sometimes... but everyone likes that, don't they? Ball-busting, turning heads wherever I go. People like that. And I like people liking that. But then...I start to feel... distorted because... because I'm more than that. I don't wanna be a wanker. I don't, Sid."

Cassandra 'Cassie' Ainsworth

"You have to do a lot of talking. I'm good at talking. You do that while you're cutting things up, a lot. And then, questions. Change the subject. This is great. I love these sausages. You should try one. Go on. You're not quite sure what I'm on about, but I keep distracting you. So, then, I up the ante. Yum, I love this stuff! Really delicious. You're really sure that I want some more, so I'll keep waving at you, until you stop looking at me. God, I've got to go. So full. Gotta dash."

I really can't choose between Tony and Cassie. Cassie is the reason I started watching gen1 and Tony is probably the best developed character in Skins history.

Elizabeth 'Effy' Stonem

"You know, she was four years old the first time she beat me at hide and seek. Four. I was looking for her for hours. When I finally found her she just smiled. You know, that Effy smile that means "you don't know me at all, you never will". She's so good at concealing things, hiding, avoiding. But I do know her. I know that she has got so much love in her heart, that the thought of letting it out, showing her cards, scares her to death."

I may not a fan of the way her storyline ended with S4, but Effy and Tony are basically Skins and she will always be one of the most complex and interesting characters.

Francesca 'Franky' Fitzgerald

"Basically if you can, like, choose your identity, cause I tried today and now I feel, kind of, less like me. And I mean, I’m not exactly over the moon about being me in the first place, but now... now I think, I kinda like it less when I’m trying not to be me. Cos I just.. I just want to, like, just be."

The reason I came back to Skins after series 4. She was one of the most unique characters to ever be portrayed on TV.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 03-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Day 3 - Your favorite G3 character:

FRANCESCA "FRANKY" FITZGERALD

Ok, I have to be honest and say that Franky is probably my least favourite in the series right now but back in S5, she was one of my all-time favourite characters, right up there almost in level with the Stonem siblings. There are many problems I have with how her character's been written in S6 but in S5, to me she was perfect. And Dakota was the one I was most excited for going in the 3rd Gen.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't post pictures because my laptop is messed up.

Day 5 - Your favorite series

There is a tie between s2 and s6. They both for me show that the immature kids had to grow up through experiences that were forced upon them by their careless lifestyles.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

Day 4 - Your least favorite character from each gen:

Gen 1 - SKETCH

It's odd how Jack Thorne developed two of my all-time favourite characters and yet created one of my least favourite. I'm not saying Sketch wasn't well written.. because she was. And obsession and that level of stalking does exist.. believe me, I know a Sketch. But she is my least favourite precisely because SHE CREEPS ME OUT.

Gen 2 - THOMAS TOMONE

The Franky of his generation, as I'd like to refer to him as. Adored him during S3. Became a prime douche by S4. And Merv.. is not my favourite of all the actors, to say the least.

Gen 3 - FRANCESCA "FRANKY" FITZGERALD

I'm talking about S6 Franky. Too much screen presence, not enough sensible development.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)

Gen 1 - SKETCH

It's odd how Jack Thorne developed two of my all-time favourite characters and yet created one of my least favourite. I'm not saying Sketch wasn't well written.. because she was. And obsession and that level of stalking does exist.. believe me, I know a Sketch. But she is my least favourite precisely because SHE CREEPS ME OUT.

Gen 2 - THOMAS TOMONE

The Franky of his generation, as I'd like to refer to him as. Adored him during S3. Became a prime douche by S4. And Merv.. is not my favourite of all the actors, to say the least.

Gen 3 - FRANCESCA "FRANKY" FITZGERALD

I'm talking about S6 Franky. Too much screen presence, not enough sensible development.
Okay can I just use this for mine because I was going to say the exact same :') I don't dislike any of the characters, but Sketch and Thomas just didn't get enough development, and Franky is insufferable in S6.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Day 5 - Favorite series:

Probably a tie between series 1 and series 5. Both fantastic imo

Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

I can't really choose a least favourite character, because what's great about Skins is that each one had at least a compelling quality you could relate to.
Moreover, between one season and the other many of them made a 180 degree turn, which could make either you fall in love with them or want to rip their heads off.

Anyway, when I really think about it these are probably the 3 characters I could have happily lived without, and I'm sure I would if they had never graced the screen:

-Sketch
-Sophia
-Luke

No gifs or biscuits for the 3 of you, bye

Day 5 - Favorite series:
Season 3

I adore S1, S3 and S5 for very different reasons (and I enjoyed almost every S2 ep a great deal with few exceptions) but season 3 is definitely my favourite. 3x03-3x09 were a beautiful journey.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;