Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelsket (View Post)
You would never have gotten freffy though
I know and also you guys But Freffy were not handled with respect because Skins writers have different ideas of love and how good characters should be than the ones I have and so I've managed to transform my love for Freffy into my love for Luke and Kaya and now they are the only ones I give a credit for. I don't respect this show, not one bit, I'm sorry. Don't be mad at me, but I can't help how I feel.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Addicted Fan

well, you have to give credit to sean buckley and ben schiffer at least. they wrote the best freffy scenes

on that note i've got a question for yall. if you could pick a few writers to re-write s4, which ones would you choose?
mine would be sean buckley, jack thorne, ben schiffer and georgia lester.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybanchica (View Post)
well, you have to give credit to sean buckley and ben schiffer at least. they wrote the best freffy scenes

on that note i've got a question for yall. if you could pick a few writers to re-write s4, which ones would you choose?
OF COURSE, I always do I even like how they wrote Cook which is a miracle

ITA with all your choices, I don't have anyone else to add. Those were definitely the best.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
sean buckley, jack thorne, ben schiffer and georgia lester.
SAMES!! and Esther May Campbell to direct, **** doesn't get prettier than 4x05

Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Addicted Fan

oh yeah, definitely

Quote:
OF COURSE, I always do I even like how they wrote Cook which is a miracle
me too. they don't excuse shtty behaviour as epic, instead they show it for what it is. and as something that could be redeemed. like when he's there for freddie at the end of 4x05. their friendship could've been so beautiful from that moment on. but nah, better to have him avenge his death with an ~epic warcry.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh yeah, definitely

me too. they don't excuse shtty behaviour as epic, instead they show it for what it is. and as something that could be redeemed. like when he's there for freddie at the end of 4x05. their friendship could've been so beautiful from that moment on. but nah, better to have him avenge his death with an ~epic warcry.
True. Sean didn't even have to show Cook's redeeming qualities since the episode was about Freddie but as a good writer he managed to give a deeper look into every character's personality and view all of them from different angles (unlike a one demtnional ridiculous crapfest that was 4X07 with Cook confronting speeding vans and preaching to his far more mature friend something about growing up while being on the run from cops lol), show Freddie's despair and caring nature, show Cook's destructive and abusive behaviour and his lack of remorse over his actions, but - also his very ****ed up but genuin love for Freddie. It was a great episode because it wasn't biased like all the crap JB writes. It was good in terms on plot, in terms of exploring Effy's issue (as someone who suffers severe depression I could definitely relate to her in many ways there whereas 4X07 offended me on every level), in terms of being realistic for teens and giving a real honest portrayal of their life. And the scenopraphy was definitely amazing.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
It was a great episode because it wasn't biased like all the crap JB writes. It was good in terms on plot, in terms of exploring Effy's issue (as someone who suffers severe depression I could definitely relate to her in many ways there whereas 4X07 offended me on every level), in terms of being realistic for teens and giving a real honest portrayal of their life. And the scenopraphy was definitely amazing.
i'm sorry to hear that. you know, i heard that skins actually recieved a few official complaints after 4x07, and rightly so. what confuses me is that JB himself apparently suffered from depression, i remember that from an interview. so, i don't understand why he'd choose to portray it in such a dreadful way, if it's something he has personal experience with.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
True. Sean didn't even have to show Cook's redeeming qualities since the episode was about Freddie but as a good writer he managed to give a deeper look into every character's personality and view all of them from different angles (unlike a one demtnional ridiculous crapfest that was 4X07 with Cook confronting speeding vans and preaching to his far more mature friend something about growing up while being on the run from cops lol), show Freddie's despair and caring nature, show Cook's destructive and abusive behaviour and his lack of remorse over his actions, but - also his very ****ed up but genuin love for Freddie. It was a great episode because it wasn't biased like all the crap JB writes. It was good in terms on plot, in terms of exploring Effy's issue (as someone who suffers severe depression I could definitely relate to her in many ways there whereas 4X07 offended me on every level), in terms of being realistic for teens and giving a real honest portrayal of their life. And the scenopraphy was definitely amazing.
Also Eff and Freds were doing a lot of drugs and alcohol, that has direct negative effects on your mental health And that's the side of substance abuse Skins hadn't shown before, Freddie was going a little bit crazy too, ignoring his school work his family, friends...Wasn't jus tabout Effy but how her issues effected the anguish he never dealt with regarding his mum's death. It was very well written Because up until then we didn't really have much insight into Freddie. Still don't see how people think that epi was all about Eff.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

you care and that's what's killing you
Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i'm sorry to hear that. you know, i heard that skins actually recieved a few official complaints after 4x07, and rightly so. what confuses me is that JB himself apparently suffered from depression, i remember that from an interview. so, i don't understand why he'd choose to portray it in such a dreadful way, if it's something he has personal experience with.
Well, obviously, I'm sorry for anyone who is going or had to go through that, including JB. If he actually had to deal with it in his life then I'm sorry for him as a person, however, it has nothing to do with my opinion about him as a writer and how awfully disrespectful and disgusting his portrayal of this issue was. Glad to hear other people noticed that too. It honestly made me want to take a shower and crush my room after I watched 4X07, I NEVER saw a more moronic and disrespectful episode dealing with depression, ever.

ITA about 4X05 showing a destructive influence of drugs and also dark sides of love. It realistically dealt with the whole situation instead of it being a biased and ridiculous.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Sorry to hear that Mary

I can relate to the feeling down, I was bullied a lot in school, ruined a couple of years of my childhood. Have you always had it? I used to go out with a guy who suffered from clinical depression, he was phenominal at art and I remember he ripped up parts of his portfolio one day when he got mad, actually ended up helping him glue prep sheets back together for hours so he could redo them. I was 16 at the time, he still has problems but doing better now, I don't talk to him as much.
My mum works in an office at a psychiatric hospital and the amount of kids who develop serious health problems even over just school exams is astounding.

That's the thing, health issues and mental awareness is so common among teens and so relevant and I think elements of 4x05 (aside from the Hiroshima ~death collage lol) we're very touching and hard hitting.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InIrelandItRainsXx (View Post)
Sorry to hear that Mary

I can relate to the feeling down, I was bullied a lot in school, ruined a couple of years of my childhood. Have you always had it? I used to go out with a guy who suffered from clinical depression, he was phenominal at art and I remember he ripped up parts of his portfolio one day when he got mad, actually ended up helping him glue prep sheets back together for hours so he could redo them. I was 16 at the time, he still has problems but doing better now, I don't talk to him as much.
My mum works in an office at a psychiatric hospital and the amount of kids who develop serious health problems even over just school exams is astounding.

That's the thing, health issues and mental awareness is so common among teens and so relevant and I think elements of 4x05 (aside from the Hiroshima ~death collage lol) we're very touching and hard hitting.
Sorry to hear about you being bullied. I actually went through that myself in one of the three schools I attended and I saw other people being bullied in a rather cruel manner and it's definitely not something you just easily get over. But my depression wasn't linked to that, it came when I was about 14 and since then it was only getting worse. Especially it got worse after 20. The last few years were hard and when I see television dealing with this issue in such a shallow or disrespectful manner as JB did that I just cannot hold back my annoyance. I never really had anger issues, I just don't get happy, I'm always down. I can laugh at something or have a nice day, but I'm never happy and most of time I'm feeling miserable. People have different types of depression and each of them requires a research especially when writers want to use this issue for their plot. The way JB dealt with it makes me want to scream. He reduced it to a cheap lame horror knock off, Effy's illness SL ended up being about a crazy psychoterapist introduced in a penaltinum episode who can somehow erase bits of memories (no comment) and ends up being obsessed with Effy and beating her boyfriend with a bat because apparently Cook is not the only one to have an unhealthy obsession with her and harm innocent people because of it. This has to be the most offensive way to deal with that illness.

What I liked about 4X05 is that the episode provided a realistic take on the issue from a teenager perspective, Freddie. His backstory with his mom, his determination to save Effy despite the pain he was going through, him being willing to do anything to not let Effy end her life all made sense and was presented in a very relatable way. I think Effy's death collage with a bit too much, but even that wasn't as too much asn as unrealistically ridiculous as anything in 4X07.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
who can somehow erase bits of memories (no comment)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

Seriously, I'm not even mad, this show to me is just a joke right now and my love for Freddie/Effy will fully go to Kaya and Luke and I'll be happy each time they take part in some really good project that is much better than Skins. And of course those few writers that did a great job with FE and both Freddie and Effy as individuals.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Niamh,Mary
Quote:
yes, we get it, you hated him he's dead
At least he could answer properly since he's a writer. "HE DEAD" Like where the **** did he leave the verb?
Quote:
mte. and the fact they're still defending s6 and insulting fans over it as if it was something worthwhile just puts me off even further. my faith in this show was restored with s5 but with s6 they just fcked it up even more. i have no interest in watching again.

season 1, 2, 3 and 5 will always be great to me though. especially 1 and 5.
I know. Insulting their own fans is something that bothers me to no end.
I think it's not easy to receive constant complaints about their ****ty work this season,but instead of insulting their fans they could also simply ignore their tweets.
The worst thing is that they insult their fans without reason,I've never seen in the tweets they replied to something offensive towards them.Only about their work,which is fine.

And Ryan Murphy at least he's polite.He just loves trolling around
Quote:
The girl that wrote Season 3 and season 2 Effy's episodes. And JB if he could write other episodes like 5x02.If not,he stays home.
Quote:
What I liked about 4X05 is that the episode provided a realistic take on the issue from a teenager perspective, Freddie.
I knowwww. I'm so defensive of 4x05 when i read that it fails portraying depression. This was all from Freddie's pov,he is not depressed,he just sees someone else he cares a lot about being depressed.The episode who failed portraying Effy's depression it's Effy's,not Freddie's.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 04-04-2012 at 11:58 AM