Quote:
155. Skins (950 | 30.65)
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

We're still surviving somehow

Old 04-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Oh man, I just don't want this board to close cause then when are we gonna chat?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

That's pretty much the only reason why I'm forcing it to stay open

Old 04-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Nice to see you still here.

Why this board isn't on the "past" rather than the "present" shows list now is a mystery, however.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

We should be moving to Past Shows soon I think

Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

A suggestion: keep this board open by making transcripts

Erin,

Instead of using game threads to keep this board open, the mods could (for a while) do something more useful instead:

We don't have transcripts of SKINS. It would be helpful to have them.

So why not have "series x, episode y transcript" threads, of which only a few would be open at a time, on which the mods (and anyone else who wants to work on an episode's transcription) take turns posting progress toward transripts in tiny, line-by-line bits?

Have some shared site (e.g., a Google sites or Adrive.com site with a shared passpord) can be stored, and keep the working transcript documents there. When you make changes there, post them in one-line bits here on this board to generate post counts in lieu of game threads.

When you've got a whole season done, start taking the transcripts public, like on a Google sites account. They're free. The site in my signature may give you an idea of what can be done with one.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Total Fan

I would be willing to help with that if it was something others were interested in.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

That sounds like a cool idea!

Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Total Fan

Would there be any copyright issues we would have to consider?
Old 05-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-Skins (View Post)
I would be willing to help with that if it was something others were interested in.
Yeah, that is what I'm not really sure about...if others will be interested...But I like the idea too
Old 05-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

Well I've claimed a google site but have it on private for now just in case

I'd be happy to do it over my loooong break from uni but I would need some help
Old 05-22-2014, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've found some transcripts here, these are from s1 to s4e04

Skins Transcripts - Forever Dreaming
Old 05-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Re: A suggestion: keep this board open by making transcripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacrown (View Post)
I've found some transcripts here, these are from s1 to s4e04

Skins Transcripts - Forever Dreaming
Thank you, Dacrown! That's amazing. In 2012, after searching for but failing to find any SKINS transcripts online, I was told at a conference, by Ann-Marie Cook, an academic who studies SKINS and enjoyed contact with its creators, that no SKINS scripts of any kind were then publicly accessible. Erin was present and may recall that.

But the SKINS transcripts on Forever Dreaming are NOT just for the first four series -- they continue onto a second page and cover every episode of all seven seasons of SKINS UK and SKINS USA, 73 scripts! "BunnieFuu," the administrator of Forever Dreaming, posted all 73 of them on Valentine's Day 2014.

BunnieFuu's "Skins Transcript Index" post states: "We work very hard on posting transcripts at our site for you. ... All transcripts courtesy of Twiz TV, SHPW all others from an anonymous source, however, they are in raw format and are not edited yet with the character names... If anyone would like to help edit them with character names please let me know."

That strongly suggests that BunnieFuu generates transcripts by applying dictation software (BunnieFuu's "anonymous source") to the soundtracks of TV shows, when no already-written scripts are available. Because the names of the characters speaking are not spoken, they remain untranscribed. Welcome to the age of computer-generated film and television transcripts!

Some of the SKINS scripts posted by BunnieFuu on 14 February 2014 have been edited by human beings and include the names of the characters speaking. Many do not. And even the ones that do include the names of the characters who are speaking could be improved by adding scene divisions, scene setting descriptions, stage and camera directions, and identifications of songs played in the soundtrack.

Editing those transcripts to add character names and those other features could keep several people busy for quite a whie -- and also generate posts for this board.