Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. My trust in writers is completely ruined forever because of the Brittains.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Like, I actually trusted them until the end of S3 and I'm gonna regret that misplaced trust forever or I would've been prepared for what was gonna come next And then I even trusted them again for S5. Never gonna happen again, sorry
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 01-17-2014, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, S5 was mood whiplash after S4. Then along came S6...

Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

They actually played with mental illness, depression, suicide attempt, etc in the previous season and they did it pretty nicely. There's enough darkness in Rae, there's no need to provide more darkness for other characters (also Tix I'm still hoping she's not dead).

Problem with Brittain family is that they started this method of giving one happy season (tho not really cause there was plenty of drama in those too) and one MISERABLE season, extremely dark and full of death. And that worked nicely with the first generation but they ran out of ideas for Gen 2 and came up with some really stupid stuff.. like making Thomas an ******* JUST BECAUSE when he could have been in S3 after Pandora cheating. The crazy doctor obsessed with Effy was BAD and the cheating and lying is something we're used to but I wish it would have been better handled. Only story I was satisfied with in S4 was Katie's. I loved her story except for the part where she falls for Thomo, of course. I also loved Cook's in the first few episodes but they kinda screwed that up at the end too.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I would've been down with some Katie & Thomas. Panda be damned.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Personally, I just didn't care much for the constant message that Katie was a bitch. In my opinion, she was portrayed as weak and desperate, even after her "redemption" (through infertility???). The writers always seem to be encouraging the audience to mock Katie whenever something bad happened to her. The reason I didn't understand the teasing between her and Thomas was because they Continue to make it clear that Thomas and Pandora wanted back together. And then we were supposed to see her unrequited crush on him as pathetic. She was supposed to be a martyr for sending him back to Pandora after their random ass last-minute hook up and I'm still confused. Just another example of what a mess the S4 finale was.

Katie is pretty much the same as all the other skins girls in terms of needing a boyfriend to feel validated, so it doesn't make sense to me why all of her boyfriends were single episode punchlines when everybody else in G2 and every other generation got to have these epic romances. But we're supposed to either cheer or pity her for being left alone because she was what? Mean for a bit?

Old 01-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

I actually didn't mind early menopause in Katie, it was at least something different (quite rare tho) and it worked nicely with her episode because her episode talked about family and I loved the Fitch family so very much.

I don't think she needed to be validated by a man, but I think whatever issues she had, she tried to hide them with that bitchy attitude, the problem is we never got to see her background, she told pretty much every one of her bfs to **** off at a certain point until Freddie happened with Freddie's rejection her insecurities came up, reason is, what made her the way she was before highschool? we understood why Emily was the way she was, but not Katie.

On the other hand, I felt no depth whatsoever for Michelle's character in the first gen, she wasn't even a "bitch" but it was like her story didn't make any sense after removing Tony from the equation. Katie and Mini (in S5) did have a real story going on, it's just that it wasn't as obvious or was never brought to us as clearly as the others.

Mini had the best development in S5, it was kinda like Katie, but we understood the reason of her behavior in the first episodes a bit more once we got to know her family, her father left her and her mother was never really there... she was always trying to please men, so she obviously grew up full of insecurities and trying to get that admiration/love/popularity in her friends that she never had when she was little or with her family. Mini was way more complex and interesting than Katie and Michelle, but they had to **** it up and basically change her character completely in S6.

Only difference here is, Mini got her own episode early on S5, while Katie got a shared episode in S3, by S4 we were just seeing the consequences of her actions in S3, and later on, her changing after this "new info" of her not being able to have children. It wasn't an introduction anymore, it was an aftermath. Mini had introduction, a proper one, one of the best episodes from S5, IMO.

Last edited by DGSAFDMD; 01-20-2014 at 04:30 PM
Old 01-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Extreme Fan

the CW is trash but OKAY

Quote:
Spoiler: “Kathryn Prescott will Play New Queen!”

Reign‘s about to welcome a new queen (of a sort) to court.The CW drama has cast Kathryn Prescott as Penelope, a kitchen servant who, as part of an annual castle tradition, finds a bean in her slice of cake and becomes queen for a day, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Penelope is described as shy and cheerful at first glance, but she’s got a sexy and darkly manipulative side, too. We hear Queen Catherine gives Penelope a little job in exchange for better treatment around the castle, and the young woman uses it to get what she wants. The role is likely to recur throughout the rest of the season.

Prescott played Emily Finch in the British Skins and nabbed the title role in the MTV drama pilot Finding Carter, which is awaiting a pickup.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

So, this is another US show? Go Kat! CW isn't the Sundance Channel but I've watched a few shows on it. Hoping this will be one of the better ones.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

At least the CW has slightly more street cred than MTV?

Old 01-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
At least the CW has slightly more street cred than MTV?
omg you're right...
Old 01-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

perfect gif usage

Anything's better than any Brittain or Skins-affiliated project.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey peeps, I need some help...my friend and I are banging our heads trying to figure out when Cook used the nickname 'Red' for Emily. Can someone point me to the episode/scene where it occurs? Perhaps it was in the novel I didn't read?

Help please.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapdog (View Post)
Hey peeps, I need some help...my friend and I are banging our heads trying to figure out when Cook used the nickname 'Red' for Emily. Can someone point me to the episode/scene where it occurs? Perhaps it was in the novel I didn't read?

Help please.

i think it was 4x02 at the party...?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
the CW is trash but OKAY
Pretty much sums up my reaction after a few minutes. The initial one was "NOOOOO!"

Reign seems to be a cute show, with cheap costumes and incredibly inaccurate but decent characters/acting so...