Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaikaSpaceDog (View Post)
At the very least, Naomi and Effy should kiss ala Naomi and Cook in 403. Because, you know. That's how Naomi gets comforted. Mouth-to-mouth kissing with her buddies. It would only be for character continuity, of course.
Well, and now that Effy's all about shagging to get information, why not making her have sex with Naomi? You know, that'd be the ultimate gesture of friendship a la Emily with JJ. Girl is dying and she will burst into flames if she doesn't get fanny time. Let's put her under the grave with a smile, shall we? Effy's vagina has the power to comfort the ill ones.

"It's a love story about a girl who doesn't want to be in love". Jack Thorne
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
LOL ****ing no.

Srsly. Most of us have moved on, I mean still we love them, but we'd made peace, or at least for myself I had made peace with Skins. I never thought they'd pull this ****, and honestly I'm so angry, because how dare they ruin our ending, and our hope for these characters? How very dare they?
Exactly. This is why I didn't want Naomily back. I prayed that they would be left alone. I raged in this thread at the thought the movie and then S7 would bring them back and pull something like this. When you give an ending you fcking LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!! Unless they give them one more positive ending then this was all just an exercise in cruelty.

And don't give me the bullcrap about how this isn't Lily and Kat's fault. The F-U-C-K it isn't. They have said in a few interviews they knew what was happening with their characters, that is the reason they agreed to come back. That is a fact. If Naomi is dying they knew upfront so they get as much of the blame because if they'd said no then this storyline could never have happened. It's not all down to Jess. It's down to everyone who took part.

Unless they salvage this in the last few minutes they are a bunch of bitches. End of.
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHeart (View Post)

I'm going to bed... See you tomorrow...
See ya, sleep well.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Extreme Fan

All joking aside, that photo is like a sledgehammer to the chest right now.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I don't understand why they would have to be associated with their characters anyways. Nick Hoult is getting quite well known and he started off as the lead character in generation 1.
And even Nick is still linked to Skins. It'd be a stupid move to do. Killing the fan base for future projects...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaikaSpaceDog (View Post)
All joking aside, that photo is like a sledgehammer to the chest right now.
THE BIGGEST SHIP IN SKINS and they are trying to sink it like the iceberg to the Titanic.

I better be laughing on Monday night at all the nonsense I'm writing now . I have to.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)

If Naomi is dying when it ends. There will not be enough space in the world to contain my RAGE
that Emily was kept apart from Naomi when they had so little time left. And that she didn't know until it was terminal and they get probably a couple of scenes together where Naomi is telling her she's dying. I will throw a rage tantrum like you have never seen before. Reprieve this at the last minute, Jess or I swear to god I will fcking hate you guts.
same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
So if Naomi is left dying they agreed to that and they have my disgust and anger as much as Jess, BE and JB do. I blame all five for any bad endings. And I will hate all equally.
i think i'd feel the same

Quote:
Nah... Lily wouldn't have accepted another role as a lesbian, if that were the case...
are we sure about this? from the description i wouldn't necessarily assume it
Old 07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

ok I'm going
Old 07-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakevegan (View Post)
are we sure about this? from the description i wouldn't necessarily assume it
The film has lesbian all written over it. If you go to the FB page there's a link to Blue is the warmest colour (lesbian movie with a similar premise) winning in Cannes festival.

Bye Sam

Old 07-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbeak (View Post)
And even Nick is still linked to Skins. It'd be a stupid move to do. Killing the fan base for future projects...
Very true. I am sure a large portion of his fandom followed him in his next projects which aided him to get the notoriety is he slowly establishing. It wouldn't be a good thing for the Naomily fandom to be killed after this episode since they are a large reason why Lily and Kat got recognition to begin with.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Very true. I am sure a large portion of his fandom followed him in his next projects which aided him to get the notoriety is he slowly establishing. It wouldn't be a good thing for the Naomily fandom to be killed after this episode since they are a large reason why Lily and Kat got recognition to begin with.
Let's hope this is the case. They all can't be shooting in their foots like this.
We are so used to expect the worst with this show, it's tiring, even it the last freaking series.

By the way, hey there fellow Pacey/Joey fan I remember Dawson's Creek being accused of fckin Dawson the bore and Joey to give space to P/J. Well, that was a brave decision to make at the time. Pacey and Joey had a far more interesting dynamic than Joey and Dawson.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckbeak (View Post)
Let's hope this is the case. They all can't be shooting in their foots like this.
We are so used to expect the worst with this show, it's tiring, even it the last freaking series.

By the way, hey there fellow Pacey/Joey fan I remember Dawson's Creek being accused of fckin Dawson the bore and Joey to give space to P/J. Well, that was a brave decision to make at the time. Pacey and Joey had a far more interesting dynamic than Joey and Dawson.
Exactly. Pacey and Joey are a perfect example of a TV show recognizing something was wrong in their original plan and changing it up. I know so many people think Dawson was ruined for Pacey and Joey but he always sucked in my eyes so it wasn't as if the series could continue if they didn't move far from that terrible pairing.

I think skins made an utter mistake in series 4. It was clear after series 3 that FE wasn't the ship that was getting the acclaim and instead of working with what they had, they shoved them down our throats in an even more dramatic storyline in an attempt to revive Effy's character. They are doing it again with this mini series. The mini series is legitimately having orgasms around Effy's character and all the plots are suffering as a consequence. I honestly thought Naomi had a storyline when I tuned in. I had no idea she had a couple of scenes at best.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Exactly. Pacey and Joey are a perfect example of a TV show recognizing something was wrong in their original plan and changing it up. I know so many people think Dawson was ruined for Pacey and Joey but he always sucked in my eyes so it wasn't as if the series could continue if they didn't move far from that terrible pairing.

I think skins made an utter mistake in series 4. It was clear after series 3 that FE wasn't the ship that was getting the acclaim and instead of working with what they had, they shoved them down our throats in an even more dramatic storyline in an attempt to revive Effy's character. They are doing it again with this mini series. The mini series is legitimately having orgasms around Effy's character and all the plots are suffering as a consequence. I honestly thought Naomi had a storyline when I tuned in. I had no idea she had a couple of scenes at best.
God, I really despised Dawson as a character. Whiny cow he was.

Sadly, I see it too in Fire. The more I think about it, the more I see that they haven't learnt from their past mistakes at all. Though I knew Naomi would have a small part so I was hopeful that Effy would carry the main plot on her shoulders with no far-fetched devices attached. I asked too much, it seems. The whole Skins crew has had an eternal boner over Effy that can't allow them see straight. And worse than that such infatuation comes across as arrogant. They don't want an easy ride for the viewers, OK, fair enough, but at least stop falling into the same trite writing habits and own the fact that your storytelling has gotten a life of its own (Naomily) and exploit it properly.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:33 PM
New Fan

Awww, the moral had gotten so much better yesterday! I agree with Lisa, at least I think she said it, that the major thing will be the chemo and removal of the organ (ovaries?), not death, especially at her age and level of overall health.

My prediction/hope: Naomi has to have her ovaries removed or a historectomy or something neccessary for reproduction. Emily tells her it's okay and that when they have kids she'll carry them, and it'll be all sweet because it shows they are going to have a family and future together. I think no matter what them starting a family will be brought up and be super sweet.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsss (View Post)
Awww, the moral had gotten so much better yesterday! I agree with Lisa, at least I think she said it, that the major thing will be the chemo and removal of the organ (ovaries?), not death, especially at her age and level of overall health.

My prediction/hope: Naomi has to have her ovaries removed or a historectomy or something neccessary for reproduction. Emily tells her it's okay and that when they have kids she'll carry them, and it'll be all sweet because it shows they are going to have a family and future together. I think no matter what them starting a family will be brought up and be super sweet.
The review knocked us about. It allows for Naomi to be dying. It still allows for it not to though. I just wish we knew.

The fact Naomily were only guest stars makes it giving them this storyline insane. Emily isn't even in it enough to warrant doing this. It's so crappy on her character. If she comes back just to find out Naomi is terminal. Why? why do this?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler: