Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Friendly reminder that Naomi doesn't know if she's going to make it, or even see Emily again and yet she is making sure Emily doesn't stop living her life because of her.

Quote:
The doctor didn't think there was anything wrong with her from what Naomi said. So I don't think it was all down to that. I think most of her emo ways were because she misses Emily terribly and her life is drifting. I am convinced Naomi has ovarian cancer and the fact it sounds like she was pushing for tests is a very good sign if she has that kind at an early stage.
The Doctor might have said that, but Naomi still knew something wasn't right, if like you suggest, she was pushing for tests. So Naomi still has those niggling doubts at the back of her mind that she has something serious. I really think it adds to Naomi's depression as well as not having Emily around.

Quote:
I have a feeling Emily/Kat will rock her scenes next week and we really will see the strength of Naomily's love like Jess said. Emily has at least 6 scenes and 3 are with Effy so there must be more with Naomi. So long as the outcome if positive or hopeful this could actually prove heartbreaking but romantic viewing.
It's going to be gut-wrenching. I'm not sure if I will be able to even watch next week. All I wanted from Fire was a few harmless side scenes. I just wanted to be able to passively watch and enjoy the nostalgia trip, but now my heart is completely tied up in this drama and I'm not at all prepared as I never thought they would throw us such a curveball when Naomily aren't the main characters. I have no idea therefore as to how I should approach Monday. I guess expect the worst is the best way to do it.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I think Scull is right.

I'm still speechless tbh... (I'll think about it more after the exam, which is on thursday, so I'll probably be away for a couple of days... )

I'm leaving you with this:

Old 07-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridHeart (View Post)
I'm still speechless tbh... (I'll think about it more after the exam, which is on thursday, so I'll probably be away for a couple of days... )
I hope it goes well. I have an assignment to write this week as well, so that at least is a welcome distraction from worrying about a TV show.
Quote:
I'm leaving you with this:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...j6abo1_500.gif

They have no idea of the ~troubles ahead.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:37 AM
Loyal Fan

We are talking about the same family of writers that didn't even stop to look up if there were even sports scholarships at Harvard University. What makes you think statistics on ovarian cancer is going to sway the storyline in any way?

Quote:
That's why I don't think Naomi dies. It is paralleling Chris and in some ways Grace so they won't do the same outcome. It's too predictable.
I don't see any parelles with Grace. Just Chris. Stoner, comic relief, can't get life together, has a significant other that they're keeping their illness from, gets ill one episode possibly dead the next...etc. etc. And I really don't think that just because they've done it before, they won't do it again. They like to pull the same **** over and over and use the same exact justifications for it. It's all bull.

Not to say that Naomi is definitely going to die, but those reasons to be positive aren't really helpful. Nor is anything lily and kat or the writers have said lately. I seem to be getting the exact opposite vibe from these things than you guys are.

At this point I'm 50/50 on it. I wish I could be believe 90% like some of you. I just really don't trust these ****ers anymore. When they get it right it's SO right. When they get it wrong though, it's mind blowing fckery. That's Skins.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Extreme Fan

i've been so about this since last night. i thought about it at work the entire time today. from what they've said it sems they'll leave open if naomi gets better or not or something- I WOULD HATE THAT SO MUCH. there just isn't time for this storyline

Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=Scully_fan;70406377]
Quote:

Friendly reminder that Naomi doesn't know if she's going to make it, or even see Emily again and yet she is making sure Emily doesn't stop living her life because of her.
Yeah, at that point Naomi isn't sure if she'll get cured even though she's likely been told there's a good chance of it. It would explain why she won't tell Emily, she knows there's a good chance she'll be cured so she doesn't want Emily to give us her internship and she thinks 'I'll tell her when I'm in remission'. Emily will kick her ass for that. Well, she'll lovingly yell at her anyway. Of course part of Naomi will be scared she won't make it so she'd be doing it for that reason as well.

Poor Naomily Naomi is so scared and the last things she wants is Emily leaving her. But she's being brave for her sake. And Emily doesn't really want to go and she wouldn't if she knew, but she'll have Naomi encouraging her. Little realizing what the hug really means

Emily obviously just turns up in London during Pt 2. Effy had no clue she was coming. She must surprise Naomi, and you know why. She sounded pissed off on the Skype that Naomi was stoned again so she knows deep down something is wrong, she wants to see her. But Naomi will do the whole pretend everything is great routine while she's there and convince Emily her worries aren't needed. It would explain why she's so angry when she finds out they tricked her.

Quote:
The Doctor might have said that, but Naomi still knew something wasn't right, if like you suggest, she was pushing for tests. So Naomi still has those niggling doubts at the back of her mind that she has something serious. I really think it adds to Naomi's depression as well as not having Emily around.
The Skype scene made it sound like Naomi had been a stoner for a while and she had obviously only just started to get symptoms because Effy hadn't seen anything before. So I think it may have made it a bit worse but it wasn't the cause. AWOL Emily and no job were.

Quote:
It's going to be gut-wrenching. I'm not sure if I will be able to even watch next week. All I wanted from Fire was a few harmless side scenes. I just wanted to be able to passively watch and enjoy the nostalgia trip, but now my heart is completely tied up in this drama and I'm not at all prepared as I never thought they would throw us such a curveball when Naomily aren't the main characters. I have no idea therefore as to how I should approach Monday. I guess expect the worst is the best way to do it.
Yeah I'm not sure I can watch live either. I need to know it ends on Naomi in remission or given a positive diagnosis that she will be by the doctors. If it leaves it completely uncertain then I won't ever watch probably. It would be too open ended and I would consider it a bad ending as Naomi would probably go on to die. She has to left in a positive place with her outcome. Whether it be total remission or partial which will lead to it.

Naomi and Emily are going to rip our hearts out either way. They both look gutted. Emily is heartbroken and she looks so rough like she just threw whatever clothes on without washing properly to get on the plane to sit and cry for hours Naomi clearly is heartbroken at lying to her but she's trying to protect her I actually am expecting a hopeful ending, I think it looks like it could be. It just won't be a fairy tale ending. Naomi will still be recovering and she'll have lost some hair. She'll need time and love to get back to normal. That would fit with what Jess said about a difficult ending.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsponge (View Post)
first gen effy, i can see that. second gen, not so much. s4, highly unlikely. not that someone can't recover from whatever fictional illness they were trying to direct in that series, but i'm supposed to believe you can recover from suicidal psychosis and be paving the way for a successful career in trades in less than four years after that? yeah, right.
exactly

Quote:
It’s worth noting that you can hear the ring of a Skype call when Effy first returns to the flat. It goes unanswered. The same happens again when Effy is reading the report in her room. Though the scenes overlap, obviously time has passed so Naomi’s missed more than one call through the course of the party

On to the actual call that Effy overhears.

Emily: Where the f-u-c-k have you been?

Naomi: Sorry, I had people round and I couldn’t hear my laptop.

Emily: Is this you trying to prove a point? This is f-u-c-king hard here.

Naomi: Sorry!

Emily: I just want to speak to my girlfriend!

Naomi: I’m speaking to you now. I’m just tired!

Emily: You’re not tired, you’re stoned. Again! Look, call me when you can be bothered!

Naomi: Ems? Ems?

[Emily disconnects the call]

Naomi: Ems? Ems? For f-u-c-k’s sake!

[Naomi goes into Effy’s room]
:/

also don't you all love how effy has basically learned nothing from before (same as cook btw)?she's grown up now so the first thing she does is fraud. and if i was emily i'd never forgive effy for this. it would have been effy's job as a friend to go over naomi's head and tell emily immediatly. like WTF!!
also the lack of freddie mention enrages me. this pretencious BS they're trying to do. if you call it skins then make it skins and don't change history (again!)

Quote:
We are talking about the same family of writers that didn't even stop to look up if there were even sports scholarships at Harvard University. What makes you think statistics on ovarian cancer is going to sway the storyline in any way?
lol pretty much
Old 07-02-2013, 06:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
from what they've said it sems they'll leave open if naomi gets better or not or something- I WOULD HATE THAT SO MUCH. there just isn't time for this storyline
Yea next ep is gonna be all about Effy's boss and her doing illegal **** and I honestly don't even care. Why don't Skins realize that their show is about friendship and love. How you grow and learn alongside the people you love and how sometimes you hurt and betray those same people and what that means; how that impacts your world.

I'm not here for stocks and numbers, Skins. Not here for it.

And poor Naomi's gonna be off to the side even though she has the most tragic storyline. There is no TIME for this ****.

Why did I ever start watching this show?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Naomi will be a bigger character in Pt 2. In fact she has to be. She has the hospital/cancer stuff, the Naomily stuff, friendship stuff and she does stand-up again. Which surely must imply she thins she could get better.

Quote:
Because they will have researched the cancer they wanted to use. So if it is early stage ovarian then Jess would know the cure rate is very high. Of course if it's later stage then the cure rate half's Please be stage I and then we can be sure or very very confident she'd survive as almost all do. Naomi wouldn't be an exception.

Quote:
I don't see any parelles with Grace. Just Chris. Stoner, comic relief, can't get life together, has a significant other that they're keeping their illness from, gets ill one episode possibly dead the next...etc. etc. And I really don't think that just because they've done it before, they won't do it again. They like to pull the same **** over and over and use the same exact justifications for it. It's all bull.
The hospital part and the fact Naomily are kept apart are a parallel. Only this time it's Naomi keeping them apart and not a family member. she wants to stupidly protect Emily. There's no use automatically thinking the worse. It may not turn out that way. And I think we have a 70% chance of it not ending badly but instead hopefully. I don't really see why Skins would bring Naomi/Naomily back to kill them. Or why LK would agree to it. They love their characters and the relationship too much for that. At least they appear that way. I think this is just Skins showing Naomily can overcome anything, unlike other couples who couldn't survive life threatening illnesses.

Quote:
Not to say that Naomi is definitely going to die, but those reasons to be positive aren't really helpful. Nor is anything lily and kat or the writers have said lately. I seem to be getting the exact opposite vibe from these things than you guys are.
I disagree with you. Nothing that has been said hints at Naomi dying. We can't say they won't be bastards and leave it unanswered but a death seems ruled out to me.

--------------------------------------

Quote:
i've been so about this since last night. i thought about it at work the entire time today. from what they've said it sems they'll leave open if naomi gets better or not or something- I WOULD HATE THAT SO MUCH. there just isn't time for this storyline
I'm not convinced Kat was ever talking about Naomily with the open ended comment as the context was her career. And if you think about it her career would be open ended because it's going to end with her back in London for however long it takes for Naomi to recover or die so I think that is what she meant there and she wasn't actually giving Naomily's ending away. As for Jess, 'difficult for some' would suggest not everyone will dislike the ending so it could imply it's left hopeful but with Naomi still needing recovery time it's far from a fairy tale ending. It's a difficult one. I'm staying positive until I hear more which really says their ending is bad or they leave us completely hanging.

----------------------------------------

Quote:
also don't you all love how effy has basically learned nothing from before (same as cook btw)?she's grown up now so the first thing she does is fraud. and if i was emily i'd never forgive effy for this. it would have been effy's job as a friend to go over naomi's head and tell emily immediatly. like WTF!!
Of course she didn't learn, it's Effy. She can't help herself when it comes to taking risks. She has a self destructive personality. And she will still have mental health issues even if she's on meds to control most of them. Naomi making the crack about Effy always being like that and Emily laughing in the dinner scene would suggest that they know she hadn't fully changed.

Emily will probably forgive her once she hears why Naomi did it. But she has every right to slap Effy. Damn right she should have overruled Naomi and phoned her. She's Emily's friend as well.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Because they will have researched the cancer they wanted to use.
Will they have? They don't have a good track record with this kind of thing as I just pointed out. They might not even go that far into it. It's just "cancer" and Naomi needs to have chemo and it's all balls. They've pulled lazier **** before lbr.

Quote:
I don't really see why Skins would bring Naomi/Naomily back to kill them.
Uh...bc it's Skins? They pull this fckery all the time. Sadistic bastards.

Quote:
Or why LK would agree to it. They love their characters and the relationship too much for that.
Ok but in the past LK have been pulled around to doing stuff they didn't necessarily agree with at first. Look at the Emily/JJ thing. And with Jess going around talking about how the story is emphasizing their epic love and how good that sounds in theory, I could see them coming around to it. Because it's "realistic" you know? "It's not bad...it's not good...it's life." They could spin it like it's some powerful story really easily even though it's just basic bs.

If it ends up being about how Naomi and Emily's love overcomes anything, then fine. Whatever. If Naomi dies though...I don't even know. They even admit that they effed up a whole lot with gen 3 and Skins US and all that. If they really bring back one of the things they actually did right just to shred it to pieces...I don't know man. Gonna start worrying about these folks' sanity cause they are really on some sht.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And poor Naomi's gonna be off to the side even though she has the most tragic storyline. There is no TIME for this ****.
It's completely and utterly bemusing.

Quote:
I actually am expecting a hopeful ending, I think it looks like it could be. It just won't be a fairy tale ending. Naomi will still be recovering and she'll have lost some hair. She'll need time and love to get back to normal. That would fit with what Jess said about a difficult ending.
Yeah exactly! It won't be a difficult ending 'for some' if Naomi dies, it will be a horror ending for all. Whatever happens I'd really like, after Fire has ended, for another interview with Jess. This sht needs to be explained.

Quote:
Yeah ngl I have a fear that Skins is still trying to be oh so edgy and controversial, and what better way than to kill one half of the most popular and acclaimed storylines Skins ever had?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=whereareurshoes;70407413]
Quote:
Will they have? They don't have a good track record with this kind of thing as I just pointed out. They might not even go that far into it. It's just "cancer" and Naomi needs to have chemo and it's all balls. They've pulled lazier **** before lbr.
We don't know the cancer isn't just a plot device to teach Effy a lesson and strengthen Naomily's love. Jess talks about showcasing their love and us enjoying Naomi's bravery. That would suggest they get through it. It just won't be a particularly upbeat ending as how can it be if Naomi is still recovering from the effects of cancer. She might has hair lose etc. That is a difficult ending.

Quote:
I don't believe she dies. They keep hinting she won't. How the end it on her health IDK. That they might be sadistic about but I don't see the point. It would sore all of S7. The surely would have put Fire last if they meant to fck over the show OTP. Otherwise they're idiots and deserve the fans who won't watch the rest.

Quote:
Ok but in the past LK have been pulled around to doing stuff they didn't necessarily agree with at first. Look at the Emily/JJ thing. And with Jess going around talking about how the story is emphasizing their epic love and how good that sounds in theory, I could see them coming around to it. Because it's "realistic" you know? "It's not bad...it's not good...it's life." They could spin it like it's some powerful story really easily even though it's just basic bs.
Completely different circumstances when they objected it was to protect Naomily. This would be destroying them. They know how loved they are and their fanbase is the Naomily one. I don't see why they'd fck us over. They knew what would happen before they signed on. So either that's a good sign of they just slapped their fanbase in the face and Lily's movie and Kat's exhibition are going to be effected badly.
Quote:
If it ends up being about how Naomi and Emily's love overcomes anything, then fine. Whatever. If Naomi dies though...I don't even know. They even admit that they effed up a whole lot with gen 3 and Skins US and all that. If they really bring back one of the things they actually did right just to shred it to pieces...I don't know man. Gonna start worrying about these folks' sanity cause they are really on some sht.
It better end on Naomily's love, Naomi's bravery and Effy friendship overcoming it. That people can get and survive cancer. That not all bad things in life have to destroy it. Naomily were always about overcoming obstacles, Jess even said she loved that about them. This could just be another obstacle. Exactly, they've said they fcked up in the past. So would Skins are taking down their most beloved creation? I'm not so sure. But with it being Skins they can't make it easy, but it doesn't mean Naomily can't survive Fire intact and us knowing they'll be fine after some time to recover. BE said he hoped S7 went out liked by the audience it wouldn't be.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakevegan (View Post)
omg trying. so. hard. to. not. laugh.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah exactly! It won't be a difficult ending 'for some' if Naomi dies, it will be a horror ending for all. Whatever happens I'd really like, after Fire has ended, for another interview with Jess. This sht needs to be explained.
Yeah. No-one would like Naomi dying or left to. It would be a horrible ending not difficult. Difficult suggests less than perfect. She never said 'some might hate the ending' she said some may find it difficult. That more likely implies we're left with a hopeful ending for Naomily and us knowing eventually they'll be fine. It's just we won't get to see them back in the fine times. We leave them at the struggling but making through times. She considers this interesting drama

Quote:
Yeah ngl I have a fear that Skins is still trying to be oh so edgy and controversial, and what better way than to kill one half of the most popular and acclaimed storylines Skins ever had?
I don't think they're trying to be controversial. More they're trying to make Fire such an emotional ride. What better way to do that then threaten to kill off the OTP but in the end save them. It would effect us greatly. That is what they want I think. And hope.