Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register
Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM
  #61
Fan Forum Star

 
Street Spirit's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Heath Ledger
David Cook
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 139,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
Katie's change in S4 was forced. I liked her but it wasn't organic.
It did feel like they softened her a bit too much near the end of series, almost. I don't know.

I appreciated her change though and her episode was good. I love that she warmed up to N/E and actually defended Naomi to Jenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersparks (View Post)
I feel like Naomi caused so many different feelings and emotions for Emily that whenever she was around they just burst out. Someone so small can only keep so much in especially that someone being Naomi.
True, true! Naomi can be so hot/cold sometimes. That girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersparks (View Post)
Yes this so much! on both aspects. s3 Emily had the perfect amount of cutness/angst ridden. Thats what I loved about the beginning and ending of s4 was it reminded me of s3 Emily.

Like you've all said I want epic fluff between those two if they do come back for the specials.


I feel like going through a skins marathon after my TBBT marathon. Though I'm kinda weary on s4 as it kinda depressed the hell outta me.
I feel so conflicted about the specials. Not sure what to expect or if they'll even come back, but I do want to see them again. Especially if we see them being cute.

I could never rewatch all of s4, some eps I refuse to watch a second time. But I can watch the first half and bits of the finale. A s3 marathon sounds nice though.


So I have to head off already. Breakfast time and other stuff.

See you guys. And nice to meet you again, summersparks.
__________________
Street Spirit is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
  #62
New Fan
 
summersparks's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
I think it was fitting that Emily let loose in S4, even without Naomi's cheating it was justified for Emily to get mad. She had put up with years of bullying off her mum and sister, it was natural she'd have a enough one day and lash out. Add to that Naomi letting her down and the poor girl was a mess for a few episodes. I still see that as growth. It helped Emily stand up for herself with her family, to make them see her as she really was. And it stopped her being too idealistic in love, which is a recipe for hurt. She now knows the bad and the good of love which will help keep her and Naomi solid. They know what mistakes not to make again.
Thats true skinsfan. I didn't think about how much pressure she was getting everywhere she was bound to lash out, like I said someone so small can only keep so much in hehe.

I really wish the writers would have never written in the cheating, I just don't feel its something Naomi's character would have done. to kinda quote Emily "they were special!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
Katie's change in S4 was forced. I liked her but it wasn't organic. Though unlike Cook, Freddie, Panda and in some ways JJ. She did change. The other four I didn't feel much change with other than some maturity.

I am being told to get off the laptop so night ladies nice meeting you Summer
Yea, I totally agree on the whole Katie thing being forced. I wish she would have progressed a bit slower. Its like she went from being a teenager to 30. Which I know was a front for her but yea..

gnight Skinsfan! It was nice meeting you as well!
summersparks is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 04:21 PM
  #63
New Fan
 
summersparks's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)

So I have to head off already. Breakfast time and other stuff.

See you guys. And nice to meet you again, summersparks.
Have a good day Jas and it was lovely to meet you too
summersparks is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 06:09 PM
  #64
Dedicated Fan
 
Counting_Clowns's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 886
I ****ing loved Katie's development in season four. Sure, it was dramatic but so was her family's circumstance. While Emily was going through a myriad of emotions (including a lot justified horror, anger, disbelief, and yes, self pity) Katie was trying in her own way to stitch her family back together while dealing with her own infertility. Katie grew up because she had to. Unlike most of season four, íncluding Emily's half baked development in the latter half of season four, Katie's development felt really natural, although possibly truncated by a lack of screen time(same with Emily). But I can't even properly talk about season four without getting exasperated. What a waste of all those wonderful characters.

AT least in the specials we might not only get to see Naomi and Emily functioning as openly as a couple (which we NEVER got to see, except during the final group scene of the series) but also see them interacting with other characters. I hate the idea of treating Naomi and Emily as NAOMILY, as if there's nothing more to them than their relationship. They're emotionally invested in other members of the group; Naomi with Cook and Effy, Emily with Katie and maybe JJ. In particular, I found Katie and Emily's relationship one of the most complex and moving in the whole series. So don't even get me started how we didn't get a meaningful Katie'/Emily scene in the finale. Ugh. PLEASE, SPECIALS, RECTIFY THIS.

And welcome summersparks! Even though I disagree with a lot of people on here about certain facets of the show, in the end everyone agrees that N/E were a terrific couple.
Counting_Clowns is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 AM
  #65
Master Fan

 
heimweh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
Speaking of, I preferred Emily's slow growth throughout s3 a lot better than the change we saw in Katie. Though of course I appreciated her growth too. I could finally like Katie.


I wish they hadn't piled the angst on N/E during s4. The cute Emily of s3 was hard to find since Emily was off the rails. She's allowed to lash out but I missed seeing her hopeful & happy.

I love that at the end of the series, Naomi finally lets all her walls down. If the specials happen and N/E comes back, I expect a smiley, more relaxed Naomi. Same for Emily.
This.


Welcome, new shipper!
__________________
okay? okay;
thefaultinourstars;


★ Mel; haven't you heard? I don't have a heart • born backwardscredit;
heimweh is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 AM
  #66
Fan Forum's Finest

 
Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 70,414
Katie had been changed before 404 without any reason. It was forced, it wasn't due to any personal experience. Ala Gen 3 characters in S6. They just decided to make her nicer in S4, she was still a bitch at times but not the Katie of S3. I don't object to the changes but they weren't built up, even the novel only went part of the way to explaining why she was suddenly more mellow.

As for Emily she had a right to feel self pity. Her family (including Katie) and her lover had let her down. She had no one to turn to, her friends were all too self absorbed in their own problems. If I was Emily I'd be feeling pissed off as well. I don't know how anyone can say Emily didn't have grounds for her behaviour, she definitely did. She went too far at times, but still she had a right to lash out at her loved ones. They had earned it IMO.
__________________
Lisa
You stole it from me
Skinsfan is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 AM
  #67
Obsessed Fan

 
Buckbeak's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,810


Quote:
Katie had been changed before 404 without any reason. It was forced, it wasn't due to any personal experience. Ala Gen 3 characters in S6. They just decided to make her nicer in S4, she was still a bitch at times but not the Katie of S3. I don't object to the changes but they weren't built up, even the novel only went part of the way to explaining why she was suddenly more mellow.
There's no comparison in hell between S4 and the fckery of what they did to the characters in S6, which consisted in sticking new brains and personalities into them. Believe me, many people think of S6 as the lowest of Skins ever for a reason Katie's evolution stayed true to her character at least. Maybe it lacked the finest of executions, but the idea was right and it did have some built-up, although, as Counting_Clowns points out, the lack of screentime played up in the process.
__________________
Naomily. Lobsters for life since the age of 12. Till Jess Brittain decided to screw them over

"It's a love story about a girl who doesn't want to be in love". Jack Thorne
Buckbeak is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 AM
  #68
Fan Forum's Finest

 
Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 70,414
I don't think it did have any build up pre-401. Her accepting Emily's sexuality was built up in the novel, and her less hostile reaction to Effy, but the rest wasn't. Especially the complete change of style It was a rewrite. Katie was the first time Skins had done that, S6 may have been a lot more extreme, but she was still the first. The only time I have seen a good reason for a character overhaul is with Tony, everyone else only changed through explained character growth. Katie and Gen 3 were changed by design, which I am not a fan of. I like characters to grow naturally. Like I said I don't object to Katie's changes as they allowed me to like her, I just wish they'd explained them.

I hope no one in the specials is rewritten. I expect them to be a bit different as years as past, but I am hoping no one is completely rewritten as that wouldn't be believable, you don't change that much in 3-5 years. The only one who could have an excuse for a big change is Effy as she probably had another breakdown when she found out about Freddie, and that can change people. The others should keep most of their character traits. Including nicer Katie
__________________
Lisa
You stole it from me
Skinsfan is offline  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:06 PM
  #69
Dedicated Fan
 
Counting_Clowns's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
Katie had been changed before 404 without any reason. It was forced, it wasn't due to any personal experience. Ala Gen 3 characters in S6. They just decided to make her nicer in S4, she was still a bitch at times but not the Katie of S3. I don't object to the changes but they weren't built up, even the novel only went part of the way to explaining why she was suddenly more mellow.

As for Emily she had a right to feel self pity. Her family (including Katie) and her lover had let her down. She had no one to turn to, her friends were all too self absorbed in their own problems. If I was Emily I'd be feeling pissed off as well. I don't know how anyone can say Emily didn't have grounds for her behaviour, she definitely did. She went too far at times, but still she had a right to lash out at her loved ones. They had earned it IMO.
Wait, what? You expect Katie to remain a one dimensional bitch while her family is crumbling sround her?

Katie's behaviour was foreshadowed from 3.04. She's has always tried to take charge and fix things in her own way. In 3.09 in her own warped way she was trying to spare Emily from enduring Jenna wrath by convincing her mother that Emily wasn't gay. Katie was wrong to do it, of course, but it's another examble of Katie trying to do what she thinks is right. Or how about at Panda's party when Katie was the ONLY one who was nice to her the whole time? Or how she can sometimes be responsibile, ala, the ONLY one who thought it wasn't a good idea to eat a random mushroom out in the middle of nowhere. Plus, her assertive behaviour makes her the most likely leader in the family which is why it didn't surprise me she took the lead in 4.04.

She was also sincere and vulnerable when Emily left home in 4.02. Or do you think she was faking when she asked Emily to stay?

I don't see how anyone could expect Katie to remain the same bitch while her family was falling apart. How would you have expected her to react?

All the attribues which the show has hinted at before (her assertive attitude, trying to fix her family, the fact that she's innately caring) came to the fore so it felt completely natural and nothing like the bizarre character transplants in season six.

As for Emily, she was ****ing wallowing in self pity by 4.07. I do think the character suffered from a lack of screentime. The show made it act like Emily was a nasty bitch to Naomi for about 11 months. Naomi cheated but she didn't deserve to endure that. It wasn't cute and I imagine Emily wasn't horrible to her the whole time but we didn't actually see that.

Emily's my favourite Skins character ever, but the latter half of season four didn't do her any favours.

And how exactly had Katie let her down? By being bitchy at the dinner table and not defending her relationship? Sure. But Emily was just as bad, if not worse, during the bbq. In a way, Emily let Katie down in that scene so if we're talking season four they're even. But in the end, Katie was there for her. I would have loved to see the scene where Katie told Emily about her infertility because I believe Emily would have supported her right back because that's the relationship the twins have.

like I've always said, the major issues I have with season four is why I want all of gen 2, save Thomas and Freddie, to come back because I need some proper closure, y'all
Counting_Clowns is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 05:58 AM
  #70
Fan Forum's Finest

 
Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 70,414
No Tanya, I don't expect her to stay the same, but I did expect her to have an explained change. She didn't, and I can't pretend she did. She ended S3 as one thing and began S4 as another. The novel didn't explain all the changes. We shall have to agree to disagree as it shouldn't really be debated yet again when the thread has already done it loads of times. No-one wants to keep reading the same things after 2+ years. You and I have completely different view points on basically everything Naomily/S4 related so we ain't never going to agree Let's just agree to disagree on the lot At least we can agree we're both Naomily shippers

I just come on here these days to reminise and wait for S7 news Oh the days when we could have something new to have indepth discussions over, and speculate over again. When and if we ever get new Naomily footage we can analyze every frame Ah the good days when we spent thread after thread speculating over S4 preview clips. Lauren and her paddling pool sex theory. Still my favourite

I am very curious about what is going on with the LK movie. Not a word about it since Kat was in LA. Has it stalled or even fallen through? Will it effect Lily and Kat's chance of being in the specials?
__________________
Lisa
You stole it from me
Skinsfan is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 06:15 AM
  #71
Fan Forum's Finest

 
Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 70,414
An old Lily pic that hasn't been posted on here before. It also has Ollie and Kayleigh from 302 in it. I don't know if it's a personal pic so I will put it in tags to be on the safe side.

Spoiler:
__________________
Lisa
You stole it from me
Skinsfan is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 10:30 AM
  #72
Elite Fan

 
megprescottfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 41,981
Ollie's gf is pretty fit tbh
__________________
| Larry Stylinson ❖

| "I think he's always wonderful" - Louis
megprescottfan is offline  
Old 04-22-2012, 11:00 AM
  #73
Elite Fan

 
emzandnaomifan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 42,111
Quote:
I don't know if it's a personal pic
it is it's off Kayleigh's facebook
__________________
R.I.P Cory
emzandnaomifan is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 AM
  #74
Fan Forum's Finest

 
Skinsfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 70,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by megprescottfan (View Post)
Ollie's gf is pretty fit tbh
Are they still together?

There seems to be loads of probably personal pics turning up on tumblr. I've never seen most of them so I assume they are newly surfaced personals. Where are they suddenly all coming from? someone either saved a lot of them and is deciding to rerelease them now for some reason, or someone has been busy hacking Skins cast facebooks etc.
__________________
Lisa
You stole it from me
Skinsfan is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 AM
  #75
Elite Fan

 
emzandnaomifan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 42,111
Quote:
There seems to be loads of probably personal pics turning up on tumblr. I've never seen most of them so I assume they are newly surfaced personals. Where are they suddenly all coming from? someone either saved a lot of them and is deciding to rerelease them now for some reason, or someone has been busy hacking Skins cast facebooks etc.
most of them are really old pics. Someone's probs stored them up over the years and has decided to post them on tumblr. I wish there was a tumblr savior for certain pics showing up on your dash. I've seen loads of Kaya with school friends and it makes me uncomfortable.
__________________
R.I.P Cory
emzandnaomifan is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright © 1998-2014, Fan Forum.