Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Best-case scenario: The whole Gen 2 special is focussed on them. They're getting married (or civil partnership or whatever, Britain is dumb. Actually if they're clever, and if the UK government sorts itself out soon, this could tie into current events as far as gay marriage is concerned), or having a kid or something and that's what brings everyone together. So the focus is on them but for a good reason and not cos they've split up.
I know it won't happen, but that would be great
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipazidi (View Post)
My view on the specials:

Best-case scenario: The whole Gen 2 special is focussed on them. They're getting married (or civil partnership or whatever, Britain is dumb. Actually if they're clever, and if the UK government sorts itself out soon, this could tie into current events as far as gay marriage is concerned), or having a kid or something and that's what brings everyone together. So the focus is on them but for a good reason and not cos they've split up.

Worst-case scenario: We get a rehash of the S3 finale (minus Freddie), with a Cook/Effy focussed special. Made even worse by one of the characters mentioning in passing how N/E split up, or one of them died, and there's no further explanation given. I guess this would be similar to how you were supposed to assume what happened after S3 with Freddie/Effy/Cook, when watching the beginning of S4 (if you didn't read the novel), as pretty much no explanation was given.

I realise neither of these is likely, we'll probably get something in the middle. To quote Rob, "that's ok too".
Sadly I think the Gen 2 special will revolve around Cook and Effy, whether as a romance or separately as characters. They wouldn't split Naomily up offscreen, so you only have to worry if they come back

They're too young to have kids so that's never happening. A wedding isn't likely either as both would still be at uni. But an engagement is a possibility I would like that I think you'll get the inbetween. Hopefully a loved up Naomily, and some romantic scenes.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
New Fan

I don't think they're too young, they'd be what 20-21 by then? Although I would be disappointed if they didn't go to uni, especially Naomi, she's way too clever to not go eventually.

Maybe a wedding/child was a bit of a stretch but it was my best-case scenario.

I think most likely is that Naomi went to that uni in London and Emily went with her to go to some other uni/college (since shes not exactly stupid herself). An engagement would be nice, although I think its a bit of a stretch as well. I just can't see why they'd be back in bristol though.

One thing; do we know if the the specials are actually gunna be set 5/3/1 years after each generation? Maybe each one is only set a year after each gen? They wouldn't have that much trouble making them look younger really.

Also, do we know if there's gunna be any crossover between the specials? (i assume effy and the stonems, but no one else?)
Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Extreme Fan

i think 20-21 is really young to get married. maybe they can (officially) live together first? ..and then get engagaed . a LONG engagement
Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

We're at the end of the thread. Any title for the next one?

As far as this convo, I can see N/E living together or just starting to find a small place together. An engagement is doable, but maybe still too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakevegan (View Post)

Quote:
One thing; do we know if the the specials are actually gunna be set 5/3/1 years after each generation? Maybe each one is only set a year after each gen? They wouldn't have that much trouble making them look younger really.

Also, do we know if there's gunna be any crossover between the specials? (i assume effy and the stonems, but no one else?)
I don't think we know much of anything as of now. Skins is being tight lipped about it all, unfortunately. The first kind of news I want is a cast list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Another gorgeous N/E video, thanks for bringing that over here.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jas, an engagement isn't too soon they'll be 21 and have been a couple for 4 years by S7. And they will already be living together because they wouldn't have gotten separate places after S4, when they were living together in Naomi's house. Not unless they went to different uni's in other parts of the country, and can only see each other weekends and holidays. A marriage and kids I would rule out as not believable, but an engagement is very believable.

Quote:
I don't think they're too young, they'd be what 20-21 by then? Although I would be disappointed if they didn't go to uni, especially Naomi, she's way too clever to not go eventually.

Maybe a wedding/child was a bit of a stretch but it was my best-case scenario.

I think most likely is that Naomi went to that uni in London and Emily went with her to go to some other uni/college (since shes not exactly stupid herself). An engagement would be nice, although I think its a bit of a stretch as well. I just can't see why they'd be back in bristol though.

21 is too young. They're both at uni and that costs thousands and thousands of pounds in the UK. They couldn't afford to get married.

Yes the specials are set in real time. The actors would look strange otherwise. As for crossovers, Gen 1 and 2 will crossover, Effy's there, and Panda knows Gen 1. Cook/JJ have met Anwar, and the others will know of Tony. Gen 3 is so disconnected I don't know how they'd have them interacting with the others, also 23 aren't going to be hanging out with 19 year olds. If they have crossover there it would have to be a random in the same place at the same time type thing.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess you're right, lol. Especially for Naomi and Emily since they've been together for awhile. I really like the thought of them being together this long, btw.

Though my personal opinion is that there is no rush to get engaged or get married. I think 30 is a good age to start even thinking about it.

I think I've been reading too many fics. In the fic I read, they stayed for Gina a bit to save up money and they got their own proper house later.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
, an engagement isn't too soon they'll be 21 and have been a couple for 4 years by S7. And they will already be living together because they wouldn't have gotten separate places after S4, when they were living together in Naomi's house. Not unless they went to different uni's in other parts of the country, and can only see each other weekends and holidays. A marriage and kids I would rule out as not believable, but an engagement is very believable.
Aw, they'll be together so long! I definitely could see them engaged. My best mate got married at 18 so you never know?

Question for the Poms here: three years is enough time to complete a degree, right? In Australia some degrees will only take three years. But I think the show will move in real time and if N/E are both undertaking a three year course then they'd still have a semester to go, right?

I'm so fu...ck...ing excited about these specials. Yáll can't dampen this enthusiasm right now
Old 05-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

Wow here in the states it takes over 4 years to get a degree, most of the time more if you don't take summer classes

I can't wait for these specials either. Hopefully it will erase most of the disappointment from S4. Still a bit bitter Naomi didn't get her own ep. I do not see the finale as her own ep, considering how isolated they were. There was too much other crap going on.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Totally agree with you there, Katie.

Quote:
I'm so fu...ck...ing excited about these specials. Yáll can't dampen this enthusiasm right now
I'll die happily if when/if they confirm Lily and Kat!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyK125 (View Post)
Wow here in the states it takes over 4 years to get a degree, most of the time more if you don't take summer classes

I can't wait for these specials either. Hopefully it will erase most of the disappointment from S4. Still a bit bitter Naomi didn't get her own ep. I do not see the finale as her own ep, considering how isolated they were. There was too much other crap going on.
Heh. Maybe that's why you have to go into so much debt just to get a degree over there

Anway, Agreed. Naomi got a good chunk of the episode but we didn't get a sense of where she wanted to go with her life outside Emily.

It won't erase the wtf of the latter half of the season....but it could give us some decent closure. If you loved the send off then I can understand being apprehensive about the specials. But since I'm in the "disappointed as FU...CK " catergory...these specials could be the send off we never got to have.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Naomily are still going, thats pretty decent

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counting_Clowns (View Post)
Question for the Poms here: three years is enough time to complete a degree, right? In Australia some degrees will only take three years. But I think the show will move in real time and if N/E are both undertaking a three year course then they'd still have a semester to go, right?
It depends what you do, most degrees take 3 years, but then if you do a post-grad course, thats an extra 1-2 years on top.

If you imagine that they took a year out to travel, they wouldn't have started until September 2011 (most degrees start in September). So if the specials are on next Jan/Feb, then they'd be in the middle of their 2nd year. So maybe I was wrong and marriage/kids is a bit early, but it was a nice thought
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, they still very much be in the middle of Uni by 2013. I think an engagement is a real possibility, it is a celebration of the show so something nice has got to happen to the characters. Naomily are the OTP of Skins, and it would be a highpoint for Gen 2 and their fans would love it. Afterall Naomily are the couple who always got very romantic scenes, so an proposal scene would fit right in.

I'll do the new thread