Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyK125 (View Post)
Hey Jas
Hey again, Katie. Hope you've been enjoying your weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
Of course I'm worried and mostly not because of Naomily. Sid/Cassie are my main concern. I'm sorry girls but you can't guarantee they will be fine, we aren't the writers they could kill off every character for all we know So I won't stop being cautious, being that stopped me getting upset during S4 because I didn't let my expectations get too high and I prepared for the worst that could happen. I have 90% certainty for Naomily's endgame, but I will keep the 10% doubt until I see it or read spoilers about it. Skins has taught me to never say never.
Killing off all the characters would be an interesting twist in s7, lol. Nothing wrong with being cautious, though, so I get what you mean.

Not sure if Sid/Cassie will back (I liked their cliffhanger ending and wouldn't want them to mess with that personally) but hopefully they'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Hi! Thanks for posting this video! Going to watch it now.

ETA: That was GREAT, I really enjoyed that so thanks for posting it. You can never have enough N/E videos.

Last edited by Street Spirit; 05-06-2012 at 01:39 PM
Old 05-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

That video
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 05-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
That video
It was well done, short and sweet. Nice editing. I liked the song they used in the video too.

I really love this one, so lovely. I highly recommend checking it out.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TBH storyline wise I think Sid/Cassie have more chance to be back that Naomily. I would be shocked if they aren't back, they were the biggest unanswered question of Gen 1. And Sid is Tony's best friend. It's Maxxie and Anwar I reckon won't be back. Also Mike would jump at the chance to do S7, and Hannah isn't so busy she can't.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, if Sid/Cassie come back I hope the show does right with them. I know you're a fan.

I think even though N/E ended happily, doesn't mean they can't have storylines for them as individuals.

---

This is pretty. I love gif sets that incorporate both s3 and s4.

XXXX
Old 05-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't expect Naomily to have separate storylines, infact I don't really expect them to have their own storyline at all. There's only so long for each special so not every character can have their own stuff. Most will be revolving around other characters stuff. They'll likely be the solid couple who are relatives of Katie and friends of Effy and Cook. The same goes for JJ and Panda if they come back, they'll likely just be the friends. They can all still have cute and good scenes even if they don't get their own material. Everyone episodes always gave all of them some good stuff regardless of who got more of the focus. I'd be fine with that, Naomi and Emily are at their best when they're being loved up, having family scenes and being friends to the others So long as I get happy, cute and funny scenes with them then I would be jumping for joy

I was thinking about what JB said about some of each Gen coming back. I reckon theres a chance Thomas won't be back. Though I'd be surprised if Panda isn't as she's useful, she technically spans two generations and she's Effy's best friend. They could say Thomas couln't get away from the US as an excuse for him not being there. I can only really see Thomas and Freddie missing from Gen 2. In Gen 1 I don't think Chris, Sketch, Abigail, Maxxie and possibly Anwar will be there. The others probably will be, that includes Posh Kenneth as Daniel was a character/writer and is still very close to Skins staff. I have no idea about Gen 3.

What does everyone else think about who will and won't be in the specials?
Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What does everyone else think about who will and won't be in the specials?
I can only be sure about Kaya and Jack. I'm positive the gen2 episodes will focus on them. And I have no idea who could be back from the first gen, but I'd say Nick is a given. A Skins special without the Stonems would be inconceivable
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I don't expect Naomily to have separate storylines, infact I don't really expect them to have their own storyline at all. There's only so long for each special so not every character can have their own stuff. Most will be revolving around other characters stuff. They'll likely be the solid couple who are relatives of Katie and friends of Effy and Cook. The same goes for JJ and Panda if they come back, they'll likely just be the friends. They can all still have cute and good scenes even if they don't get their own material. Everyone episodes always gave all of them some good stuff regardless of who got more of the focus. I'd be fine with that, Naomi and Emily are at their best when they're being loved up, having family scenes and being friends to the others So long as I get happy, cute and funny scenes with them then I would be jumping for joy
I agree. I speculate Emily will have something to do with whatever Katie's got going on and Naomi will also have a few hearts to hears with both/or Cook and Effy.

I would be thrilled if they're a happy couple who have worked out there ****. We NEVER got to see that except in their final scene in the shed. Some cute scenes or them being supportive would please me.

I'm pretty chuffed about the specials. Mostly because I hate the lattwer half of s4 SO MUCH that it's unlikely it could be any worse (UNLESS THEY ALL DIE. OR IF GEN 2 WAS ALL EFFY'S ~DREAM~. THEN I WILL GO BERKO).

I am impatient though. I want news, dangit

Quote:
I can only be sure about Kaya and Jack. I'm positive the gen2 episodes will focus on them. And I have no idea who could be back from the first gen, but I'd say Nick is a given. A Skins special without the Stonems would be inconceivable
Storytelling wise- NICK HOULT, JOC, KAYA are a must. I think the writers will be confident of retaining all of gen 3 (I doubt they'll call on Jessica or the dude who plays Alex). For ratings purposes, LILY and KAT are a must. What I found amusing was how season four ratings jumped up whenever a Naomily centric episode came up. E4 will practically demanding them, since this all about generating the kind of ratings Skins achieved circa gen 1/2.

I bet they'd love Dev as well, since he had a couple of movie hits. I notice Mike Baily is acting again....which raises the possibilty of Sid being there. Hannah Murray is still filming Game of thrones (I think?)

Last edited by Counting_Clowns; 05-07-2012 at 08:24 AM
Old 05-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
Hey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
I

I was thinking about what JB said about some of each Gen coming back. I reckon theres a chance Thomas won't be back. Though I'd be surprised if Panda isn't as she's useful, she technically spans two generations and she's Effy's best friend. They could say Thomas couln't get away from the US as an excuse for him not being there. I can only really see Thomas and Freddie missing from Gen 2. In Gen 1 I don't think Chris, Sketch, Abigail, Maxxie and possibly Anwar will be there. The others probably will be, that includes Posh Kenneth as Daniel was a character/writer and is still very close to Skins staff. I have no idea about Gen 3.
ngl i'd be upset if lisa wasn't part of it. i love panda.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:01 AM
New Fan

Anyone know if the films Counting Backwards or Lethal ever came out?

Also the film Hit and Run that Lily was in? Can't find anything on them.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM
New Fan

Oh and might as well add Seven PM to that list.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, none of those have as yet been released. I don't know why.

Quote:
ngl i'd be upset if lisa wasn't part of it. i love panda.
I'd be disappointed if she wasn't there as well. I love Panda and think she's a good comedy figure for the group, and she's Effy's best friend. Okay so is Katie as of late S4, but it's not quite the same. I'd say for the Gen 2 special the musts for storyline and fans are Effy, Cook, Katie, Karen, Naomily, JJ and Panda. Thomas isn't especially needed, but I love all of Gen 2 so would like him there. I wouldn't like Freddie there, or any of the dead characters as I believe it's time to move on from that grieving, it's been years.

I'm just not sure they will get Dev back. Anwar I'd like to see but like Thomas he isn't necessary to his generation dynamics. Especially as it's highly unlikely that Maxxie will be back. Maxxie moved to London, and Mitch lives in the US and looks like He-Man these days, he wouldn't be believable as a dancer anymore. I think Sid and Cassie are the most likely after Tony. Like I said earlier I think it's Chris, Maxxie, Sketch, Abigail and possibly Anwar who'll get left out. Gen 3 probably all except Grace will be there.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just remembered what I came here to post. This drawing off Tumblr is nice.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 PM
New Fan

My view on the specials:

Best-case scenario: The whole Gen 2 special is focussed on them. They're getting married (or civil partnership or whatever, Britain is dumb. Actually if they're clever, and if the UK government sorts itself out soon, this could tie into current events as far as gay marriage is concerned), or having a kid or something and that's what brings everyone together. So the focus is on them but for a good reason and not cos they've split up.

Worst-case scenario: We get a rehash of the S3 finale (minus Freddie), with a Cook/Effy focussed special. Made even worse by one of the characters mentioning in passing how N/E split up, or one of them died, and there's no further explanation given. I guess this would be similar to how you were supposed to assume what happened after S3 with Freddie/Effy/Cook, when watching the beginning of S4 (if you didn't read the novel), as pretty much no explanation was given.

I realise neither of these is likely, we'll probably get something in the middle. To quote Rob, "that's ok too".