Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just asked the Heat guy and he said Matty being bi was the original plan, but Heat guy doesn't think it's explicitly stated in the show. So looks like Matty was meant to bi but probably isn't anymore. Which sucks if true JB.

Why get rid of a characters planned bi side? The gay press will rip Skins for this when they find out, as they already went ape over swapping Teo for Tea. Uh on

There's only 8 characters Twist, statistically it's not unrealistic they would all be straight. So I am fine with a gender confused straight girl instead, it's still a LGBT issue. And to be fair Skins have done girl gayness LOADS Naomily, Tea, Cassie being bi-curious. All their love interests and Cadie may end up bi-curious as well. Another lesbian/bi girl would have been overkill IMO. If anything they should have done a queer guy, so changing their minds about Matty is silly IMO.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Why get rid of a characters planned bi side?
Because it's JB. Watch me be completely unsurprised when there isn't a single gay/bi character at all and G3 proceeds to be a total hetfest.

Quote:
There's only 8 characters Twist, statistically it's not unrealistic they would all be straight. So I am fine with a gender confused straight girl instead, it's still a LGBT issue. And to be fair Skins have done girl gayness LOADS Naomily, Tea, Cassie being bi-curious. All their love interests and Cadie may end up bi-curious as well. Another lesbian/bi girl would have been overkill IMO. If anything they should have done a queer guy, so changing their minds about Matty is silly IMO.
Cadie won't be bi or even bi-curious. Cassie was more pansexual than bi-curious, but she was only hooking up with everyone to get back at Sid, her sexuality wasn't really an important aspect of the show and her character. That basically leaves us with Emily, Naomi, and Tea in terms of gay characters (Mandy, Sophia, and Betty don't count, they're not mains). We've also got Maxxie (gay), UK!Tony (bi-curious), and possibly Cook and/or Freddie (if you count Cassie) -- so that leaves 4 gay/bi girls and 4 gay/bi boys. It's not like Skins has only had gay/bi girls and neglected the boys.

(Plus, having Tea in US!G1 guarantees there'll be a gay couple in US!G2.)

Statistically it's not unrealistic, but you can't argue there aren't groups of friends where heteros are the minority. Each gen is only two series long, so why not have a queer gen? No, I guess it's just more original to keep churning out hetero characters -- I forgot how that's never been done before.

And I wouldn't hold my breath on Franky being genderqueer or trans. I'm sure she'll turn out to be straight as an arrow and will be girly from then on.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I disagree, I don't believe Cassie was anything but straight. She only shagged those girls as a reaction to Sid/Michelle.

Heat guy has clarified, Matty stays enigmatic throughout S5, so the bi side may well still be there, it's just not explicitly stated in S5. He said maybe for S6, but he doesn't know.

I don't think Franky will go girly girl. I think she will keep her own style and be loved for that. That is a message Skins love to send, we're all different and that's okay. Look at Naomily, Emily was an out and proud lesbian and Naomi never wanted labels, and that was shown to be fine.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cook/Freddie?! what, they were nothing but straight

So Skins have only done Maxxie, and bi-curious Tony for the boys (and no way will that be in US Skins ). Girls have had bi-curious Cassie, lesbians Naomi, Emily and Tea. And as it's a US show Cadie or one of the other girls will DEFO be bi-curious with Tea no doubt
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfan (View Post)
Skinsfansite just retweeted this:

teentoday MORE EXCLUSIVE @SKINS NEWS: No LESBOBS in new series.
DREAMS CRUSHED.

And wtf is a "Lesbob" ?

LESBOB!? LESBOB!? I am never using that term ever. But my god can we have a lesbob title?

"No Lesbobs in new series" - since no others can live up to Naomily
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

IK I lol'd when I saw that.

The site interviewed the cast today, so the info is confirmed by the cast for those Minky shippers who think I'm lying

I wouldn't use that title Lauren, I already had Minky shippers biting my head off in the Franky thread for giving them the news that no lesbians in Gen 3 equals no girl/girl cast action You'd think I wrote it, blame JB not me
Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't think Franky will go girly girl. I think she will keep her own style and be loved for that. That is a message Skins love to send, we're all different and that's okay. Look at Naomily, Emily was an out and proud lesbian and Naomi never wanted labels, and that was shown to be fine.
Woah Franky's style better stay the way it is. I swear to god if she goes Femme I will be so upset. I dig the androgyny to much

Omg I'd cry as much if Franky went girly as this

AND I CRY SO MUCH AT THIS.

I ship Minky (tho I hate the name) but I still want the title.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well sorry, but Minky ain't happening

Try Franky/Matty, Franky/Alo or Franky/Nick, if she does romance at all.

I did always think it was a bit much to expect queer girls in the movie, US Gen 1 and Gen 3. It's Skins, not the lesbian show, though it is close to that
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well sorry, but Minky ain't happening
Well never mind. I'm gonna ship their interaction and probs ship Franky with someone else as well.

We're gonna get Movie news soon.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt

I don't know if this has been mentioned, probably yes. lol but I read on tumblr that someone tweeted sofia that NE/Tea graphic and she answered "i love them.i love them. i love them".
I haven't checked her twitter, but sounds adorable.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugi (View Post)
tftnt

I don't know if this has been mentioned, probably yes. lol but I read on tumblr that someone tweeted sofia that NE/Tea graphic and she answered "i love them.i love them. i love them".
I haven't checked her twitter, but sounds adorable.
There's and NE/Tea graphic? You have it Ana?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait Tea said she loved them, or Sofia did? I am confused
Old 01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know this hasn't been posted here, but probably has in the Emily thread

Kat outtake pic from Lethal I guess

http://katprescottsource.com/english.php
Old 01-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

I will look for it lauren. It's that gif with NE's reaction to watching Skins USA lol