Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Yaay for more pics! Nay for Jamie answering questions I don't even want to read what he's got to say... I really don't.

Timeout released a review for Rise, gave it 3 stars and called it kinda mediocre... so I guess no more fuss about it. Then again, it might still be better than Fire. It's not that hard!!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yaay for more pics! Nay for Jamie answering questions I don't even want to read what he's got to say... I really don't.
Fair enough

Critics seemed to love Rise

Skins Rise part 1 review | Den of Geek

Quote:
As Naomi told Cook during one of their brief encounters, he just lives a bit harder than everyone else, and that’s certainly true here. While Skins Fire and Pure chose to focus on the floundering social and professional lives of old characters, Rise is much more of a traditional crime drama, albeit with the protagonist's dark past already taken care of. It seems that Cook hasn’t stopped running since the end of the fourth series, and the death and betrayal that characterised his teen years is still following him around like a bad smell.

It might prove a blessing and a curse to finish with this story, as I can’t see a happy ending on the horizon. Where else it would have been placed, I don’t know, but the strength of this first episode suggests that, even if Skins goes out on a depressing or tragic note, it’ll also go out on a creative high. I guess that’s all we can ask of this seventh series for, while it has defied expectations to good and bad effect, one thing it can’t be faulted on is the realisation of and love for its characters. This episode, like the others, will split opinion, but Skins has never shied away from controversy, has it?
TV Review: Skins: Rise - Part 1

Quote:
Jamie Brittain does it again. After the last time he wrote an episode featuring Cook (Series 4 Episode 7), there was some doubt in my mind about how well he’d pick up on the character and his story but here he has excelled himself with an episode that’s well-paced and exciting but also manages to have a lot of depth, along with a shockingly dark climax.

Jason’s murder doesn’t feel as much of a forced drama bomb like the revelation that Naomi had cancer in Skins: Fire because there’s been some decent foreshadowing with all of the components being slotted into place throughout the episode without it being too obvious. Unlike last week, we have a well executed climax that’s been properly built up but at the same time isn’t too blatant in what’s going to happen, giving it a real shock factor.
‘Skins Rise': Part 1 review

Quote:
This first part of Rise feels much more like classic Skins than either Fire or Pure, purely because it feels detached from reality. Whilst Cassie and Effy found themselves living fairly standard young adult lives, Cook finds himself as something of a fugitive, living in his car, still surrounded by the drugs, sex and raving of his youth. There's more sex and violence in this one episode than in the whole of Fire and Pure combined, and possibly some of the most violent and explicit scenes ever seen in Skins.
'Skins Rise' review: Jack O'Connell's Cook fights his wild ways - Skins News - TV - Digital Spy

Quote:
So Effy's in jail, Naomi's dead, Emily's heartbroken and Cassie's shunned a hard-partying showbiz lifestyle for a quieter existence...

But Skins Rise thrills in a way that its predecessors didn't - it's plenty dark in places, but also engaging and outlandish in all the ways that classic Skins was.

It may have its flaws, but part one of Rise is certainly the stand-out instalment from these final Skins episodes, with Jack O'Connell anchoring Jamie Brittain's script with a typically magnetic central performance.

Quote:
Timeout released a review for Rise, gave it 3 stars and called it kinda mediocre... so I guess no more fuss about it.
Hmm...they gave 4 stars for ep 2, though..

Skins: Rise review - Time Out London

Quote:
In ‘Eden Lake’, Jack O’Connell played a feral youth hunting his quarries in the woods. The tables are turned tonight: O’Connell’s Cook, two squeezes in tow, flees to the countryside to escape the wrath of his vengeful boss. There’s brief respite, as Cook pays the price for his womanising ways (‘even your dick tells lies,’ reckons Emma), until decides it’s time to stop running and live up to his responsibilities. At which point, a familiar face returns…

It’s a bleak note on which to end this largely successful ‘Fire’/‘Pure’/‘Rise’ ‘Skins’ experiment, perhaps lacking in emotional impact but retaining a truly chilling tension, thanks in no small part to Jack Clough’s excellent snowbound direction. And Jack O’Connell once again confirms himself as a huge talent

Quote:
Dariusz ‏@ShakeThatCamera
#Photo of @lmloveless and @chloeapartridge on film set #FearofWaterMovie @KLDProductions Lily Loveless and Chloe Partridge - Shake That Camera -- Dariusz Wasilewski
Quote:
Kate Lane ‏@KLDProductions
3am... I'm writing the first press release for www.fearofwatermovie too engrossed in it to stop now! An article will be coming soooN!

Old 07-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Obviously everyone needs to praise on the lovely Jack cause I'm sure he's the best part of the episodes. I read mostly good comments from the fans, but then again.. they love Cook so I can't really judge by that. They love the parties alcohol and sex and think that if it has all that + violence is best TV ever I might watch later on.. if part 2 is good.

Thanks for the pics link
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Still haven't watch the ep myself. But I'm def going to.

I feel like this should come with a warning... I'm gonna be quoting JB. Be prepared!

Quote:
Sarah O' Sullivan ‏@sarah_Osully
Who was the hardest character you had to say goodbye to? #askskins

Skins ‏@Skins
@sarah_Osully Not easy saying goodbye to Naomi. - JB #AskSkins

the happy llama ‏@BishBashBoshhhh
@Skins @jamiehotsors how did it feel when you realised Naomi was being killed off? #askskins #skins

Skins ‏@Skins
@BishBashBoshhhh Sad, but I thought it was beautiful. - JB #AskSkins

‘Skins’ co-creator Jamie Brittain interview

Quote:
How has the reaction been to Series 7 so far?

“There was a little bit of disquiet on Twitter, with the whole Naomi thing, but generally on Facebook and in the reviews we've got, it's been pretty positive."

Is there any one moment in the show's history that you feel quintessentially defines what Skins stands for?

“The scene where Naomi and Emily are holding hands through a cat flap, written by Jack Thorne. That was a moment that touched a lot of people and sums up what Skins is all about - simplicity and emotional directness.”

Review: SKINS S7E05, RISE: PART 1 (Or, Cook Is On The Run And Haunted By His Past) | Twitch

Quote:
What the first part of "Rise" shows us is just how much the past can benefit what the seventh series of Skins is looking to accomplish. I don't mean to say that the previous episodes should've been focussed on previous stories too, but this episode gets off to a brisk pace and has immediate impact simply because we know exactly what has shaped James Cook (Jack O'Connell) into the person that he now is.

When Cook faced off against Freddie's killer in the finale of Skins' third series, it was clear that only one person would leave the conflict alive. The show made the right choice at the time to leave the outcome uncertain, and it has made a great storytelling decision again by having us return to Cook and see the effect of the kill and how it has fundamentally changed how he approaches the world.
http://totalbull****blog.wordpress.c...rise-part-one/

Quote:
This is the beginning of the end. And it’s never more apparent than in the opening moments, with Cook (Jack O’Connell) providing a voice-over that seems to speak much more than just the content that is to follow. In fact, it quite effectively, and poignantly, encapsulates what this epilogue series has set out to achieve. About growing up, and letting go of the ghosts of the past. Unlike the previous two outings meandering approach to storytelling, ‘Rise’ gets straight to it, throwing Cook into a gritty world, where the stakes get higher with every passing moment, as the truly disgusting nature of the human condition is shoved into the spotlight for all to see.
Skins Rise – Part 1 Review | JawkwardLOL

Quote:
Well then, what do we have to say about the Cookie monster’s return? It was a sombre episode, littered with elements of series three/four with none of the humour, ultimately leading to a dark first part- not unlike Fire and Pure. Cook, having obviously survived the final encounter with John Foster at the end of series four, is now a footman for a Manchester drug dealer. Only, gone is the boisterous Jack-the-Lad Cook we’d all come to know and love (to hate, mostly) and in his place is the shadow of a man who’s on the run from his past.

If you do enough [everything] stops’ seems kind of like a throwback to Cook’s past. The guy who wanted to do everything, who lived for it all. As Naomi pointed out to him. ‘Life. You just live a bit harder then everybody else does. You splash about, you wallow in it, like you can’t lose a moment.’ Cook’s not that person anymore, that person now haunts him.

Bring your man into your workout :: Cosmopolitan UK

Quote:
We’ve interviewed George Ashwell form Twenty Two Training, who’s trained Game of Thrones hotties Joe Dempsie and Kit Harrington, for his top tips on how our men can boost our work out.

Quote:
@ShowZaddict teaser coming very soon! Finished film will be next year. It was a VERY fast shoot!

(Lily in flannel does things to me. Don't judge!)
Old 07-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Like I said on a different thread:

“There was a little bit of disquiet on Twitter, with the whole Naomi thing, but generally on Facebook and in the reviews we've got, it's been pretty positive."

That little fuss dropped the ratings and made his sister close/block her TW account. RIGHT.

Fire disappointed, pretty much everyone. They need to admit this and stop pretending this season is successful cause it's not. Same thing with S6 and they did the same thing as well. Not like it matters tho, the show is over. They don't need to be good with ratings, but the fact that each part keeps dropping audience should tell them what's really happening.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

They killed their own show and they're not even aware. Look at this thread or the Naomily one. The whole board was full of excitement for the first time in a year before Fire and then if all fizzled out
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 08-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Skins Fire Part Two pictures - E4.com

Kat's behind the scenes photos - E4.com

Old 08-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Lovely new pic of Lily and Kaya ♥ thanks for the links. The first pics had already been published so whatever, hopefully Kat will share more later on
Old 08-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
thanks for the links
No problem! Can't Stop Won't Stop

Quote:
1 of #Fear of Water's elders setting a good example

Quote:
Fear of Water - Kate Molins Focus marks @lmloveless http://fb.me/2iiE8k5ev
Quote:
Dan Styles ‏@Actor_Fighter
#morningafter facts - #fearofwater wrap party: 10) Tough @lmloveless has a fear of water. @KLDProductions

Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Are we going back to that style that you leave one side of the shirt unfolded? I kinda liked that style... (it was back in 2002 I think)
Old 08-02-2013, 12:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Are we going back to that style that you leave one side of the shirt unfolded? I kinda liked that style... (it was back in 2002 I think)

I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't come back with the jean shorts that have the pockets sticking out from underneath the nonexistent leg of the pants. I'm still trying to get used to this middle part business she has going on right now.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Jean shorts have been following her forever tho. Getting hardcore Sophia flashbacks right now. One of us. One of us
Old 08-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Quote:
I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't come back with the jean shorts that have the pockets sticking out from underneath the nonexistent leg of the pants.
Negl, the shirt part is hot

And the shorts is a reminder for the fandom of it's stalking tendecies.
We are all a bunch of Sophias when it comes to Lily

I think Chloe would agree with us..
Old 08-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

She's looking right at her boobs wtf?
Old 08-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Passionate Fan

She just saw the photo

Quote:
Dariusz ‏@ShakeThatCamera
Almost #iconic #bw photo of @chloeapartridge and @lmloveless Main characters of #FearofWaterMovie @KLDProductions FEAR of WATER movie by Kate Lane - Shake That Camera * Dariusz Wasilewski * Photography * Advertising * Fine Art

chloe partridge ‏@chloeapartridge
@ShakeThatCamera @lmloveless @KLDProductions that's horrible of me!! Please burn it!
Too late now..

( I have no idea what this is)