Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Naomi | Lily Loveless #94: Because we all fell in love with the girl who didn't want to be in love

Welcome to the 94th thread for
Naomi Campbell/Lily Loveless!

"Naomi has this tough, scrappy exterior but she’s a lovely person — she is really lovely.
I think she’s got a very good heart and that she’ll do anything for people she loves.
So I think that’s just her; she’s a lovely person, she’s just misunderstood!" - Lily on Naomi

1. because she doesn't give a *eyebrow raise* what anyone thinks about her.
2. because she's very headstrong.
3. because she's an old-fashioned kind of girl, woman, whatever.
4. because the loveless needs the love she deserves.
5. because those pale blue eyes of hers are just truly mesmerizing.
6. because her mannerisms are adorable.
7. because she's 'you know... clever.'
8. because 'she's rather beautiful.'
9. Get to know me!

1. Conspiracy
2. honey__tree
3. Antiquity
4. Octob3r
5. SiriuslyPotter
6. ordinaryday
7. MTG11687
8. no limits
9. Kolly06
10. ScribbleKiss
11. Ness23
12. CharlieXscene
13. amber0izza
14. speak slow
15. Alphabet Pony
16. allmyluck
17. xlennie
18. ThePrettySophia
19. cranny_fan
20. bluemonsoon
21. vmarz
22. Alexa
23. Lovelust
24. AnnaNZSkins
25. starryxnight
26. Fingerprints
27. HotnCold165
28. Redskittlesandflakes
29. Munchkin_licker
30. kirstyga
31. JR Abraxas
32. *BeenThereDoneThat*
33. ai_iie
34. say something
35. CoolShoes
36. emzandnaomifan
37. until tomorrow
38. Tapner
39. harl3yquinn
40. Acceptance
41. ShazamMF
42. CosmicMassacre
43. xLook.A.Pandax
44. BiCaRdiBrEeZa
45. ~Amarula~
46. iingenious
47. Inspired
48. frodobaggins07
49. LucyInTheSky...
50. TheSweetestSmile
51. DiagonalZipper
52. TaftCat
53. fembizarre
54. Evilfishy17x
55. YoursToHold
56. Natashaxx
57. Youmademeseeit
58. Hogglebee
59. missbass
60. RaveR204
61. SLK89
62. Scream<3
63. Skins4Life
64. Endless Rain
65. TVGEEK
66. beth bluth
67. xmidnightx
68. macabul
69. shippercrazy
70. bbroccs
71. Skinsfan
72. Fires17
73. Naomily
74. Darlyka
75. EmsyShumDoo
76. <3NaoMily<3
77. ilovecrap
78. Nights
79. n3a5ncy
80. tv-fan189
81. bickering love
82. cornelia_it_sky
83. Street Spirit
84. zselle
85. Ingawoot
86. megprescottfan
87. Priya
88. SarahLouise
89. startswith1
90. Verexoco
91. ihateinjustice
92. RedKouya
93. Toxic Kisses
94. scone_of_joy
95. missquadros
96. NaomilyFanGizmo
97. SupergirlChloe
98. Scully_fan
99. jaycee19
100. idkmybffjill
101. khalel610
102. xam452
103. kozee93
104. greenrocks
105. delaware-
106. rintin
107. Miss Vienna Jones
108. Tugi
109. BrighterSuNshine
110. Naomily07
111. Naomilyforever
112. ForeverFaraday
113. lilyxkatforever
114. Thiaa
115. i*heart*emily
116. Icy_skin
117. xxPolish-Beautyxx
118. KatieTooAdorable
119. deathlylisa
120. //ash//
121. Buckbeak
122. DUHsoTK
123. lisztomania
124. bbertocchi
125. CuddleFuddle
126. eleonor
127. bebrave
128. Linder
129. Lobster_n_Cheese
130. HybridHeart
131. Pinot_Grigio
132. sweet_solitude99
133. Candy1
134. Ryan-Marissa<3
135. Kvaker
136. princess93
137. BethyFigs
138. Tra276
139. lilkat
140. cecizeta
141. lovelesscott
142. canon
143. murphyboy11
144. ubernut
145. hayree
146. candichou
147. MelyLobster
148. ShortyK125
149. Lethe's_Bramble
150. hot_vanilla
151. xxcuzxme
152. PurplexMoon
153. arakha
154. joyumi
155. xgieLmOrex
156. dangit
157. Forelsket
158. i_forgot_my_name
159. Dark-Zero
160. Tru Davies

001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 009, 010,
011, 012, 013, 014, 015, 016, 017, 018, 019, 020,
021, 022, 023, 024, 025, 026, 027, 028, 029, 030,
031, 032, 033, 034, 035, 036, 037, 038, 039, 040,
041, 042, 043, 044, 045, 046, 047, 048, 049, 050,
051, 052, 053, 054, 055, 056, 057, 058, 059, 060,
061, 062, 063, 064, 065, 066, 067, 068, 069, 070,
071, 072, 073, 074, 075, 076, 077, 078, 079, 080,
081, 082, 083, 084, 085, 086, 087, 088, 089, 090,
091, 092, 093, 094

"Best two years of my life."
"If they ask me to do it, I would love to be a part of it again."
She's not rough anymore.
We love her cool style which ranges from sassy tomboy to totally glam. Gorge.
Making girls question their sexuality since 1990.
The girl who played with Fire.
Successfully turning girls into raging lezzas.

★ Mel • born backwardscredit;

Last edited by minkyfan; 01-13-2014 at 01:05 PM
Old 07-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sounds like he's just catching up on the eps. Aww:

Quote:
Jack O'C ‏@JackO__C
RIP Naomi, straight wounding
#SkinsFire
Old 07-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT!!!!

Quote:
Sounds like he's just catching up on the eps. Aww:

Quote:
Jack O'C ‏@JackO__C
RIP Naomi, straight wounding
#SkinsFire

They killed his Naomikins, man

Btw, I love that he's watching all her stuff and tweeting about it. Just love it!

I recently read a post-Fire fic with Cook being there for Naomi's final minutes and it broke my heart all over again

'Skins Pure' review: Hannah Murray's Cassie faces tough times - Skins Recap - TV - Digital Spy

Quote:
Anyone still reeling from the pitch-black Skins Fire and hoping to find a little light relief in Skins Pure can guess again. As with its predecessor, there's little of the debauchery here that once made E4's teen drama so notorious - in its place is the grim notion that once your youthful exuberance has dried up, there's little waiting for you in the 'real world' but disappointment.

It's perhaps not surprising that Skins Pure shares the same strengths and weaknesses as Fire - with uniformly solid acting, writing and direction, it's definitely worth buckling down and persevering with. But lacking as it does a sense of fun, some may find it too heavy-going to handle.

So far, this series of Skins has been easy to admire, but difficult to really enjoy. On that basis, I'm hoping Cassie gets a happy ending next week - us Skins fans could use it.
Skins Pure Part One Review - Filmoria

Quote:
If audiences were expecting a slight lift up from the bruisingly brilliant nature of Effy’s final, think again. In many ways, Pure is an even darker tale; it never offers a glimmer of hope, nor excitement or joy, and whilst the web of confusion and fear that tangles Cassie isn’t as complex as Effy’s, the episode’s moral basis is fundamentally founded upon disappointment. Nothing awaits you outside that door to your life except for trials, tribulations and sadness; pretty damn bleak huh?

The biggest problem with Cassie’s first entry is that its narrative is often dubious – we are expected to accept Jakob’s snap-happy behaviour as acceptable and desirable; as if he is making Cassie feel like a woman, but actually its perverse and intrusive. Plus the absence of say any other previous characters means the entire weight rests upon her tiny, anorexic shoulders. There is no doubt that Murray is fantastic here; her moves into cinema and most recently Game of Thrones has enabled her range to dramatically extended and better, but there just isn’t enough support from those around here, or indeed the world she resides in to bring it up to the same level as Fire.

‘Skins Pure’: Part 1 review

Quote:
It seems to this Cassie, any company is bad company. The old Cassie would've befriended a weirdo like Jacob, gone for a drink with her hunky workmate and smoked weed with her flatmates, but this one doesn't want to know. She's not only no longer innocent and naive, and in fact, she's even developed a cynicism and antisocial nature of her own.

As a result of her constant "say no" attitude (Chris would be turning in his grave), the episode feels a lot slower paced than Fire, and a lot more low key and incidental. Nevertheless, it must be said that, thus far, Pure is thoroughly beautiful filmmaking.

The general rating for Pure is lower than Fire. And tbh I almost fell asleep while watching it, so I kinda get it.

Now, WHERE IS MY COOKIE MONSTER?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

straight wounding. *sobs quietly in a dark corner*
Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Kate Lane ‏@KLDProductions
Fear of Water is officially wrapped! @lmloveless @chloeapartridge Best time of my life working with most talented actors and amazing people.

Quote:
Fear of Water - 90 Minute feature film... shot in 17 1/2 days 400 slates! Mega excited to start editing it now!- Crew group photo http://fb.me/1NVhvHh0M

Quote:
Michael Spry ‏@michael_spry
Lily Loveless tending to her crop #fearofwater #arri #alexa #featurefilm #film #monitor #drugs Instagram
Quote:
bobbie ross ‏@bobbieross2
@lmloveless in her last scene for #FearOfWater #FOW #sad https://twitter.com/bobbieross2

Quote:
Michael Spry ‏@michael_spry
@lmloveless @chloeapartridge in #FearOfWater in the Drug Den. Visually stunning, and an emotionally important moment
Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

I am having this feeling that the movie will not be good hopefully I'm wrong.

Anywho, I read that tweet from Jack and tbh if anyone was going to be sad with Naomi dying, I think we all know Jack and Meg were going to be in front. I mean I'm not counting Kaya cause she filmed so.. otherwise she would have raged
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was looking at this thread on my phone at the dentist's and I just got to the first post with the pretty pictures of Naomi/Lily and then my phone ran out of battery and I pouted for at least an hour. I should not be deprived in such a way, even when being examined for wisdom teeth removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot Grigio (View Post)
I recently read a post-Fire fic with Cook being there for Naomi's final minutes and it broke my heart all over again
My headcanon involves Cook being everywhere all at once. Even in the other gens. He drove the bus that hit Tony. He got Sketch to get over Maxxie. He watched Liv's little sister while Liv was with Matty. He got Mini pregnant (that's why he's on the run in S7, obv). Hell, he even appeared in US Skins, orchestrating its failure so his American version would never come to be. HE IS THE MOST INTERESTING COOK IN THE WORLD
Old 07-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
My headcanon involves Cook being everywhere all at once. Even in the other gens. He drove the bus that hit Tony. He got Sketch to get over Maxxie. He watched Liv's little sister while Liv was with Matty. He got Mini pregnant (that's why he's on the run in S7, obv). Hell, he even appeared in US Skins, orchestrating its failure so his American version would never come to be. HE IS THE MOST INTERESTING COOK IN THE WORLD
I would totally watch your headcanon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ybMAkZc#at=333

There's even a couple of pictures of me and Lily in Jamaica on holiday that they've kinda hidden around the flat. So try and spot them!

Quote:
I am having this feeling that the movie will not be good hopefully I'm wrong.
Aww, why? Sket was also a no buget film from a first time director and it turned out decent enough

Quote:
chloe partridge ‏@chloeapartridge
Conquering #fearofwater @KLDProductions https://twitter.com/chloeapartridge/...968512/photo/1

Quote:
Dan Styles ‏@Actor_Fighter 22
Two great actresses @chloeapartridge & @lmloveless on #FearofWater feature, @KLDProductions. A pleasure to work with.https://twitter.com/Actor_Fighter/st...443264/photo/1
That dress

Quote:
Sophie Alexander ‏@sophiejane321
@lmloveless looking oh so cool on set! #FOW

Last edited by Pinot Grigio; 07-26-2013 at 07:36 AM
Old 07-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Those are old pics? while they were shooting right? that last pic makes me wanna shoot myself cause .. GOD!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Those are old pics? while they were shooting right?
Prob while they were shooting the forest scenes https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

TV Review: Skins: Pure - Part 2

Quote:
Thankfully we’re still far from the bad old days of Series 4 and 6 but we’re back to Skins: Fire quality here. As far as the technical aspects go, it’s still roughly on par with last week but the story’s just a mess. It’s meandering, never builds up to anything, and the rushed ending ultimately leaves us feeling cold because the story hasn’t developed enough before its all too rapid conclusion.

‘Skins Pure’: Part 2 review

Quote:
Despite not having the drama and powerful storytelling of Effy's Fire, Pure is still beautiful on the whole thanks to the performances of Murray and Alexander and the calm yet gritty portrayal of the city's suburbs. It's not the most eventful and riveting two hours in Skins history, but let's face it - when compared to our confusing and experimental teenage years, real life is rarely eventful nor riveting.

If Fire showed us the bright lights of a high-powered city career, Pure carries a modest torch for a more banal existence in a big city. The experiences you share with the people you meet every day, and the stories they have to tell. It's not just about Cassie, it's about her failing actor housemate, one of her colleagues who fought abroad, and another who has a secret passion for photography... and her. So in that aspect it's probably the most relevant and realistic two episodes in Skins history
Skins Pure Part 2 review | Den of Geek

Quote:
Thank you, Skins, for giving us a much-needed happy ending. Skins Pure has left fans in an entirely different emotional state than Fire did – with Cassie relatively happy and settled despite the difficulties of being a character in a world as fraught and ridiculous as Skins.

The overall ‘point’ to these new episodes is starting to become clearer – with Cassie’s episodes so strikingly different from Effy’s – but I guess it’ll look different again once we’ve seen Rise over the next two weeks. If it’s to show three different experiences of being a young adult, then it sort of does, but this one goes one step further and finishes off a story that had been left up in the air at the end of series two. There will be people who hate what has been done to Cassie here but, after the emotional turmoil of Fire, I’m certainly not one of them.
'Skins' 7x03-7x04, Pure (Part I & II): Review - Huntsville TV | Examiner.com

Quote:
Fans of the original Skins can look forward to a few very small nods to Cassie’s previous history, but not much more than that. Much like “Fire”, Cassie’s episodes barely link to the known past, or Cassie’s relationship with Sid. For that reason a lot of fans may be once again frustrated. But in reality, Skins has never really been about plot continuation or who we think is endgame in relationships nor head canon. It’s all about where the writers can place these young characters to explore various facets about them. If one is able to keep that in mind while watching this very special season, then it makes it all the better and all the more poignant. Skins is about the characters first and foremost and in these collection of episodes it is how this character has matured and how she fits into the real world.
http://totalbull****blog.wordpress.c...pure-part-two/

Quote:
While ‘Fire’ was about friends becoming family in an adult world, ‘Pure’ speaks to the definition of family itself, and how it changes and evolves as we transition away from adolescence.

It’s nowhere near as high-stakes as ‘Fire’ was – and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, a combination of not enough action, and a sparsely populated world really let the character of Cassie down. I said it last week, but I really felt once more that ‘Pure’ would have really benefited from a couple of familiar recurring characters, rather than a supporting cast of strangers that filled both episodes. However, the girl in questions has always been a lone soul and I can see what the Skins team were trying to establish here.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Haven't watched Pure, I don't think I will but I think.. I THINK in re: to storytelling has to be better than Fire. Even tho it doesn't kill anyone and that's why they call it not as "powerful"
Old 07-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Well I've watched Pure and I can't even remember half of the things that happened in it.
Fire sticks with you, though. Even if it's for the wrong reasons...

'Skins': Jamie Brittain on 'Rise', Cook's return and 'Dates' e-book - Skins Interview - TV - Digital Spy

Quote:
Why was Cook one of the chosen few picked to return to Skins for this final series?

"I just find Jack O'Connell to be one of the greatest actors around at the moment, and I just find him really exciting to work with. The character of Cook is also a very exciting character, so that's basically why - I just wanted to work with him again."

We last saw Cook at the end of series four in John Foster's basement - is that cliffhanger addressed?

"It is, but kind of elliptically - we don't get into specifics, but we do talk about what happened, yeah."

Skins Fire and Skins Pure also avoided explaining what happened in the characters' 'missing years' - was that a deliberate decision?

"Yes, to allow the films to stand on their own. Rather than be constantly referring back to things in the past, we wanted to make them work on their own terms."

You've explaining why you chose Cook - what was the thinking behind picking Effy and Cassie for the other two films?

"Again, we felt that we could do most with their characters. We didn't think we would necessarily be able to tell a story with some of the other characters, but for those particular characters, me and the other writers all felt that we could tell interesting stories for them, set in the present day."

These new episodes are a lot darker and more adult - was it difficult establishing that new tone and still having it remain recognisably Skins?

"Yeah… it's a balancing act, isn't it, to try and keep everyone happy. I mean, personally, I wasn't too bothered about keeping anyone happy, to be honest, because this is the last ever series, y'know? There's nothing we have to do - there's no marks we have to hit, there's no viewing figures we have to get, so I was pretty happy to go out there, just do what I wanted to do and hope people like it.

Quote:
Alexander Barnes Photography
Lily Loveless and Kathryn Prescott (Skins). Photography by Alexander Barnes for No Cigar Magazine, published in July 2013 (Issue 7).
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2218370&type=1

Last edited by Pinot Grigio; 07-26-2013 at 07:40 AM
Old 07-27-2013, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Pinot Grigio,

Thanks again for the links to reviews. Very helpful. But again, I wish general reference links weren't posted only on Naomilly threads.

Pure, unlike Fire, isn't melodrama. The resolution of the plot is also less predictable. That Naomi will die and that Effy is headed for prison is clear half wyay through Fire.

Series 7 is sad by comparison to Skins. But the point may be that adulthood, being lonelier, is less happy than adolescence. People write and watch teen dramas for a reason, and it's not just the eye-candy. (Skins never specialised in eye-candy anyhow.)

The cruel paucity of reference to the friends of adolescence (especially Tony) may underscore that, although it seems overdone.

But Series 7 has, so far, been thematically true to Gens 1 and 2, in the broadest terms. Fire, like Gen 2, is a damnation story: Effy still doesn't know how to love. And Pure, like Gen 1, is a redemption story.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Pinot Grigio,

Thanks again for the links to reviews. Very helpful. But again, I wish general reference links weren't posted only on Naomilly threads.
Feel free to repost all my links to the Skins ep discussions. I don't mind.

I'm only here for Lily/Naomi. I've never been a Skins fan, tbh. Never liked gen 1 and I was bored to tears with gen 3. Even with gen 2, I skip a lot of scenes..

Quote:
Pure, unlike Fire, isn't melodrama. The resolution of the plot is also less predictable. That Naomi will die and that Effy is headed for prison is clear half wyay through Fire.

Series 7 is sad by comparison to Skins. But the point may be that adulthood, being lonelier, is less happy than adolescence. People write and watch teen dramas for a reason, and it's not just the eye-candy. (Skins never specialised in eye-candy anyhow.)
Skins was all about the teen years anyway, so S7 ws a lost cause from the start. The only reason it exists it's because of Skins as a brand name and the popularity of certain characters and actors

Fire might be a melodrama but so was Series 4 and people didn't seem to mind that much because NAOMILY WAS ENDGAME AND OMG SKINS WAS THE BEST SERIES EVAH!!!!

I have to admit I never liked Cassie so my view of her ep would be biased. But I just found it SO boring, I couldn't even concentrate on what was supposedly going on

Cute couple...

HA! Eleanor and Alexia will be much cuter

(Eleaxia? Alexeanor? ANYWAY I SHIP IT!)

FEAR of WATER movie by Kate Lane - Shake That Camera -- Dariusz Wasilewski

Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The first part of Cook's story starts tonight at 10pm on E4.

Co-creator and Skins Rise writer, Jamie Brittain will be taking over the @Skins account for a live Q&A at 9pm. Tweet us your questions using ‪#‎AskSkins‬
Could someone ask him again about sharing all the bts material they took while filming?
Or ask for some bloopers or sth?

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/celebs...t-final-series

Quote:
We've already seen some dark new storylines in Skins 7, but how much darker than the original seasons can it actually get?

Good question, I think before it wasn’t dark as such; it was more carefree, without consequences, whereas this series is showing how those people have grown up and changed. The characters were all around 17 years old in the original series and therefore they were free-spirited and naïve, whereas in this new series we see them having to face reality.

Which plotlines have you found the most shocking in the past?

I thought Freddy dying was really shocking, mainly because when I read it I was sure that there was going to be some twist and the blood smeared across the wall wasn’t actually Freddy’s, that they’d switched it round.

We saw Emily appear alongside girlfriend Naomi in Effy's episodes, how was that?

I only really appear in a few bits, basically the whole series revisits three past characters, Effy, Cook and Cassie, each of the characters have two hour-long episodes about what they’re doing with their life now and have they have changed since we last saw them. So I’m featured in both of Effy’s episodes, as is Lily Loveless who plays Naomi, because obviously her character’s storyline ties in with mine due to their relationship.

Emily is in New York pursuing her photography career, which is quite ironic seeing as I’m also into photography. She comes back a couple of times within the episodes to see Naomi, so that’s how my character fits into the episodes.

How has Emily changed since we last saw her?

I think she’s become more sure of herself, in the first series she was very shy and reserved and as the show went on she came out of her shell and became more assertive, stepping out of her sister’s shadow. In the years we haven’t seen her, she’s found out who she is, what she wants to do professionally, and has gone out and grabbed it herself.

Have you seen the other members of the cast since the season ended? Is it a reunion for the cast as well as for the characters?

Not really, because me and Lily (Loveless) lived together for a year, and I see Kaya quite often whenever she’s in London and those were the only ones who I saw on set for this new series. But all the girls are still really close and we try to see each other as much as possible.
Quote:
I posted a new photo to Facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

monique ‏@wowloveless
@KLDProductions MORE PICS YAY!!!! Thanks, Kate!

@wowloveless haha still waiting for my stills photographer to hand over the professional ones! Lots more to come!

Last edited by Pinot Grigio; 07-29-2013 at 08:40 AM