Joined: Jul 2010
My Love | Richard ღ Grace |#26: Now I am strong, you gave me all.
The Ballerina & the Metalhead [Rich ♥ Grace]
04 l 05 l 06
07 l 08 l 09
10 l 11 l 12
13 l 14 l 15
16 l 17 l 18
19 l 20 l 21
22 l 23 l 24
25 | 26 | 27
-You're Grace, just be Grace
-Because she loves him quite a bit
-"O, brave new world! That has such people in it!"
-And I'll cry, girl, but I'll come a-running straight to you
Because he would have built her a castle on the ground.
'A part-time ballerina and a full-time dreamer.'
She has a lot of interests; collecting coins, adopting
animals, Disney, fairytales, ballet and drama...
Well, basically anything to do with the arts. She cares
about people and will do almost anything to help her
friends out.So, that's why she first helps Rich Hardbeck out...
'He's always right. Even when he's wrong.'
He is a music snob; a metalhead. Metal is the only
thing in life he's truly passionate about and he dislikes
almost everything else. He's the king of sarcasm and
will tell you his opinion, whether you want it or not.
He never compromises on his values, that is until he meets Grace Violet...
1. Because she's everything he "despises in the world."
2. Because she wanted to help him.
3. Because Toxic Bob approves of Grace.
4. Because he compromised for her.
5. Because he thought her dancing was really beautiful.
6. Because everyone thinks Alex is the one who makes the most jokes on set, but he thought it was Jess.
7. Because her mom always says opposites attract.
8. Because she didn't want to mess up his hair.
9. Because she loves him quite bit.
10. Because "Yes! Of course with Grace!"
11. Because they're just cool.
12. Because her legs are always on his lap.
13. Because he wanted her to be careful.
14. Because "**** you i won't do what you tell me!"
15. Because he cared enough to ask Kevin for advice about girls.
16. Because he cried while watching her dance
17. Because she dressed up as Sub Rosa to help him
18. Because she wanted to be more than friends
19. Because their tweets to each other are adorable
20. Because their love life must be based on Sk8r Boi
21. Because they could be the most stable couple Skins has seen
22. Because when they're drunk, they're adorable
23. Because he learnt Shakespeare for her
24. Because she is his girl
25. Because he loves her and he'd do anything for her... even wear tights
26. Because he is her tin man
27. Because he willingly would go to feed the ducks with her even though he still hates it.
28. Because he finally uttered the words 'I love you' in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.
29. Because she never wants him to change
30. Because Grace's beauty is enough to calm him down mid-rant.
31. Because he thinks she is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.
32. Because he never gave up trying to visit her in hospital despite being banned.
33. Because he danced to pop music to save Grace's life.
34. Because she recommends people to buy an angry person a beer.
35. Because he has to find her.
36. Because nothing works without her.
37. Because he comes home and leaves a facebook message to her to make her happy.
38. Because he makes her orgasm multiple times
39. Because he called himself Richard while turning in her homework.
40. Because he won her a duck.
41. Because he sensed something bad had happened to her in Morocco.
42. Because they are the first unmarried married couples Skins has had
43. Because he carries her luggage.
44. Because they can bicker during a zombie attack
45. Because he finished Grace's music coursework
46. Because they have good banter
47. Because it's all because of you
48. Because she is completely happy
49. Because he didn't reply to her post when he is in the same room with her
50. Because he calls her "my love"
51. Because "IS. she IS very talented"
52. Because they are "awesome forever"
53. Because they have the same moonshine hallucinations
54. Because she smiles at the Alo/Rich bromance
55. Because he climbs balconies for her.
56. Because she wants to know why he's unhappy
57. Because he ninja rolls for her.
58. Because she was almost a lady of leisure
59. Because Little Richard watched Little Miss Sunshine
009. DiamondDreaming (Nic)
011. Alphabet Pony
023. Let The Ball Drop
038. fall like stars
041. grace-v (Tijana)
043. Fall Out Girl <3
044. Forelsket (Rachel)
049. Karma Police
051. Crybaby001 (Sylvie)
076. Cold Desert
077. foreverafter12 (Julie)
078. breath we drew
081. Digital Love
082. Penny Avenue
108. Jidsy <3
Honorary shippers:1. Jess Sula
2. Alex Arnold
3. Franky Fitzgerald
4. Mini McGuiness
5. Alo Creevey
6. William Shakespeare
10. Jamie Brittain
11. Taylor Swift
12. Grace's balcony
13. Grace's bed
14. Kevin Hardbeck
15. Toxic Bob
16. Rich Cain
17. Dakota Blue Richards
18. Justin Bieber
Happy Birthday Hardlets!!
Megan - July 15th
Rachel - August 18th
Sylvie - March 7th
Our Top 10 Favorite Scenes
Rich: "What do people in Shakespeare plays do when it's all ****ed?
When they're trapped. How do they work it all out?
Maybe stories are just stories. Or maybe, we can make our life a story.
So marry me, Grace Violet Blood."
Rich: "What light from yonder window breaks!
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!"
Grace: "Don't ever cut your hair again! It'll grow.
You're still my metal man. My own tin man."
Rich: So things are good, right? With us?"
Grace: "Yeah. So, do we really need to change things?"
Rich: "Well, you could just take me to be your boyfriend."
Rich: "I thought your dancing was really beautiful."
Rich: "Grace. Grace!"
Grace: "I'm going away, Rich. For good."
Rich: "What about us?"
Grace: "You were right, Rich. You were totally right. I'm not real."
Rich: "Yes you are. You're real to me. I was a twat for saying that I --"
Grace: "I'm a story. A character. A ****ing fiction. But you're not.
The others aren't. My parents aren't, and I don't belong here."
Rich: "Where are you going?"
Grace: "To a ****ing castle in the clouds."
Grace: "I love you quite a bit, Rich."
Grace: "You remember the other day when we were going to..."
Grace: "So, tonight then?"
Grace: "Why did you cut your lovely hair?"
Rich: "I asked for a trim. I guess I look the part I suppose.
Mr. and Mrs. Mainstream."
Grace: "Did you actually think that's what I wanted?"
Grace: "Shove up."
Rich: "Sorry, someone's sitting here."
Grace: "Oh yea, who?"
Grace: "I'm Sub. Short for Subrosa, nice to meet you."
J a l e x Appreciation
Last edited by heimweh; 05-06-2012 at 04:40 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Songs from last thread:
M83 - Too Late
Jeremy Messersmith - A Girl, A boy and a Graveyard
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
Christina Perry - Arms
Coldplay - Us Agains the World
Katy Perry - Thinking of You
Evanescence - My Immortal
Rosi Golan - Hazy (feat. William Fitzsimmons)
The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Heart in Your Heartbreak
Lucy Rose - Don't You Worry
The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Francoise Hardy - All Because Of You
Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone
Sia - My Love
Daughter - Youth
You Me At Six - Crash
Paramore - The Only Exception
Chester See - God Damn You're Beautiful
The Script - I'm Yours
Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers
Cheryl Cole - Promise This
Plumb - Blush
Amanda Marshall - If I Didn't Have You by
Tori Amos - A Sorta Fairytale
Leona Naess - Promise to Try
Ben Howard - Gracious
Ben Howard - Keep Your Head Up
Ben Howard - Promise
Ben Howard - Everything
Foals - Spanish Sahara
ps: prettier coding of the fanmix is soon to come, I promise
Joined: Apr 2009
totally must suggest Bloc Party - Signs. It's older but it's perfect for S6
just google the lyrics...I think someone actually made a vid to them to this song too.
A brief flicker of light.
Joined: Jul 2010
__________________Richard ღ Grace
Last edited by heimweh; 04-02-2012 at 04:41 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Stunning art as always Mel!
I think Lana del Rey - Dark Paradise (which was suggested earlier) has been left off, so could you add that please?
Got some other song suggestions:
Lykke Li - I know Places
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Just Not Each Other - William Fitzsimmons
Walked back home from this disaster
Saw your ghost under the plaster
Heart's in throat and broken to pieces
I'm coming home
Lost my way and gave up my treasure
Hid my heart and lost you forever
There's flesh in you won't know her father
I can't come home
Loved you first when we were children
You broke my heart, but all that's forgiven
We lost our chance to love one another
We'll love again
Just not each other
Just not each other
They're really beautiful lyrics
Wow, this is going to be a really tough survivor!
Joined: Feb 2011
That art is so pretty!
She has a special someone, she will always have that special someone. It will be a ‘till death do us part’ sort of thing.
Joined: Jul 2010
Adding it Those lyrics *pull yourself together girl, ffs *
Joined: Jan 2011
The art is really beautiful! But is this just an S6 mix? Or can we use songs which'd fit them in S5 too? Also, please add Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits! I've been thinking about some more, will post soon.
EDIT: I'm unsure about After The Storm by Mumford and Sons. It doesn't ~scream 'this is a song about Rich and Grace' but it makes me think of the way Rich retains hope after Grace's death, and this paragraph works well for their relationship, showing how much they benefit from love whereas other characters on Skins are shwon to suffer:
And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
'Get over your hill and see what you find there' reminds of Rich at the beginning of S5, when he originally puts up boundaries against Grace. I also like that the lyric 'with grace in your heart' is used :')
This makes me think of Rich after Grace's death:
And now I cling to what I knew
I saw exactly what was true
But oh no more.
That's why I hold,
That's why I hold with all I have.
That's why I hold.
And then obviously the entire song is about both death and love (as many of M & S' songs are.) What do you think?
No one has a clue who I am or what I can do.
Last edited by fancydressmasks; 04-02-2012 at 03:27 PM
|rich hardbeck, skins|