Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

We all have spectacular taste, I agree with pretty much everything everybody's saying.

The simplicity of S5's style also makes it a heavy favorite of mine. It's right up there with S1 in terms of complex characters.

Very thorough and interesting post, Dark-Zero!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
Whoah, that's a really long analysis! I admire you for that, I would never be able to write down all I think about Skins so carefully Thanks for sharing with us

My favourite gen will always be the 2nd. Favourite season is probably S3. I loved far too many couples, characters and friendships to rate them, but I'm sure everyone has their own favs Favourite scenes, again here I have too many but I'd mention Sid and Tony saying goodbye, the catflap scene and the end of S5. As for the music, to me it was probably the best thing about Skins no matter the series
The funny thing is it didnt take me as long as you would think. It was actually quite fun, remembering old episodes and scenes. The nostalgia was very nice.

Yes i agree. The music in Skins was excellent every episode. People dont pay that much attention to the music in s7 but it was phenomenal. It set the tone and pace of the scenes. Like when Cassie was dancing in the window with the headphones on, or when Effy was in party (even just the beginning of the episode really), or when Cook was in the forest. I thank Fat Segal for his work throughout Skins. Skins has introduced me to a lot of amazing music.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Fat Segal is the best, I wish he would sell more of his music! I also liked You, My Everything in Fire.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
We all have spectacular taste, I agree with pretty much everything everybody's saying.

The simplicity of S5's style also makes it a heavy favorite of mine. It's right up there with S1 in terms of complex characters.

Very thorough and interesting post, Dark-Zero!
I was just rewatching five and I agree. I almost love it more then season 3 because everything happened I could resonant with. I do love Series 3 the best though, mainly because it was actually the first series I saw with Skins.

I feel like I can relate to Gen 3 also, although it was bad in alot of faucets, I could really relate to Liv's episode. I also liked how they paralleled her in both series. She was a heavy drinker when she got stressed yet was the primary voice of reason.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

S3 was my first series I saw too, it'll always have a special place in my heart.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe no one has paid attention but i think Skins will come back eventually. The reason is because of how active the the Skins youtube is. Why keep posting videos about random things if the show has been over for half a year?
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

That's true, I haven't checked their channel lately.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:24 AM
New Fan

I loved the Blood Red Shoes session they posted. The song's been stuck in my head for days now xD
Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, I'll look it up.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Loyal Fan

A book of essays about Skins

Not quite sure where to post this, but:

Have you seen this?
Skins, Visual Culture and Youth. Ed April Sharkey. (Inter-Disciplinary Press: Oxford, 2013).

Old 04-08-2014, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

Is that from the Skins conference? It looks amazing!