Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Generation 3 #13: Happened but never happened.

WELCOME TO THE 13TH DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THE THIRD GENERATION OF SKINS

spoilers for series six

fans
01. Mammary_Glands
02. honey__tree
03. Antiquity
04. megprescottfan
05. funsponge
06. underthestarsx
07. bbertocchi
08. shut_uo_ste
09. Oh-Canada
10. bebrave
11. xmidnightx
12. sweet_solitude99
13. Zefiro
14. Linder
15. Zwei Gesicht
16. Beached
17. murphyboy11
18. raybanchica
19. Alphabet Pony
20. Amberness
21. LondonTown89
22. grace-v
23. twoofus
24. Forelsket
25. in-sanities
cast list
01.Franky Fitzgerald (Dakota Blue Richards)
02. Aloysius "Alo" Creevey (Will Merrick)
03. Rich Hardbeck (Alex Arnold)
04. Mini McGuinness (Freya Mavor)
05. Olivia Malone (Laya Lewis)
06. Grace Violet (Jessica Sula)
07. Nick Levan (Sean Teale)
08. Matty Krust (Sebastian DeSouza)
09. Alex Henley (Sam Jackson)

Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

As you were , last comment from the previous thread....

Quote:
Here is my description of each character(minus Grace and Matty since they are both barely involved in S6
Fair enough. Also, I think it's fair to talk about some of the reaction to Alo (especially this series) and Matty in general. Last thread I said Alo's been my most consistent throughout - I don't expect everyone to feel a deep connection with him but I feel like there's been a genuine arc so far. He has difficulty growing up and out of that home life and sometimes it's infuriating to watch, but he'd hardly be the first. I'm glad there is that element to this gen tbh, much like Pandora struck a chord last time. Circumstance, really bad choices, not learning from your mistakes....might be a tad boring but it's still the reality, especially at 17/18.

Last edited by Beached; 03-14-2012 at 08:07 PM
Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Passionate Fan

This cast... too good for this show.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Thanks for the new thread! I cant believe its almost time to say goodbye to this show and Gen 3
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
I cant believe its almost time to say goodbye to this show and Gen 3
At least there's still that small chance they'll be back. Maybe. Some of them. Hopefully?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached (View Post)
As you were , last comment from the previous thread....

Fair enough. Also, I think it's fair to talk about some of the reaction to Alo (especially this series) and Matty in general. Last thread I said Alo's been my most consistent throughout - I don't expect everyone to feel a deep connection with him but I feel like there's been a genuine arc so far. He has difficulty growing up and out of that home life and sometimes it's infuriating to watch, but he'd hardly be the first. I'm glad there is that element to this gen tbh, much like Pandora struck a chord last time. Circumstance, really bad choices, not learning from your mistakes....might be a tad boring but it's still the reality, especially at 17/18.
But you do agree that the characters havent actually changed and the S6 has character development?
It seems to me that most people bash S6 based off S5 but havent actually watched S5 in a long time .
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero (View Post)
It seems to me that most people bash S6 based off S5 but havent actually watched S5 in a long time .
I'd say S5 was fresh in a lot of fans' minds while watching S6. I don't think you'd be happy if these same fans insinuated that you completely misread S5 and needed re-educating, would you?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached (View Post)
I'd say S5 was fresh in a lot of fans' minds while watching S6. I don't think you'd be happy if these same fans insinuated that you completely misread S5 and needed re-educating, would you?
No, i wouldnt. It would be like saying i didnt just waste hours watching S5. I guarantee that if all the S6 bashers watched S5 again right now, they would understand. S5 is proving peoples opinions on S6 wrong. like for instance, some said that Mini wasnt having sex a lot or was having body issues except the very next episode in S5, she said that her and Nick were having sex a lot and that she doesnt know why it bothered her so much in the first place. Simple things like that, most people forget or are heavily influence by others opinions.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

tftnt

Quote:
except the very next episode in S5, she said that her and Nick were having sex a lot and that she doesnt know why it bothered her so much in the first place.
I can't. She was blatantly lying, as proved in 5x05.
Honestly, I don't think people bash S6 because they don't remember S5. I dare to say it's the exact opposite in most cases. Anyway, who cares. S6 showed no continuity or respect whatsoever, I don't need a S5 rewatch to understand that. Let's move on

This cast is amazing. I can't believe it's time to say goodbye, it seems like yesterday when they were announced
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 03-15-2012, 12:41 AM
New Fan

This is totally a generalization, but coming from the SkinsFans LJ, a lot of S6 bashers tended to be Minky fans. Just saying.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero (View Post)
No, i wouldnt. It would be like saying i didnt just waste hours watching S5. I guarantee that if all the S6 bashers watched S5 again right now, they would understand. S5 is proving peoples opinions on S6 wrong. like for instance, some said that Mini wasnt having sex a lot or was having body issues except the very next episode in S5, she said that her and Nick were having sex a lot and that she doesnt know why it bothered her so much in the first place. Simple things like that, most people forget or are heavily influence by others opinions.
Haven't you realized that was a lie Mini told Liv? I think you are the one that should rewatch s5, not us. And I can watch s5 as many times as I want, it won't change my opinion about s6.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

A person must not be necessarely a Mini/Franky shipper to find Franky's change and Mini's behaviour in 6x01 offensive.
A character that in her episode refused to be a bulimic ****ing barbie,a character that said she prefers to be. And without any kind of explaination we see her in 6x01 being exactly the contrar. The stylist of the show saying bull****s about how her more feminine looks represents her self confidence or something similar.
This is beyond stupid and also offensive.
You can say that people grow up,but you don't go from an extreme to another in 3 months.
Last time we saw her she had to run away because Matty touched her.
This season of course not only we have not seen any explaination for that strong reaction but she even enjoys ****ing around. It is not possible for someone who had major problems at physical approaching.
Worst part is that not only they did show us this unpleasant change in the worst way possible,they also refused to give any explanation.
Quote:

Franky had a scared reaction when she and Matty were about to have sex in the woods,she literally run away and her face looked in pain without they even started.
Sorry if I cannot see how she turns to be a huge big **** sleeping around in the next episode.
I must have not watched S5 in such a long time I think I have actually missed the episodes between 5x08 and 6x01 This is why I fail to see any links to S5 work about Franky.
Quote:
like for instance, some said that Mini wasnt having sex a lot or was having body issues except the very next episode in S5, she said that her and Nick were having sex a lot and that she doesnt know why it bothered her so much in the first place. Simple things like that, most people forget or are heavily influence by others opinions.
Not to ruin this fantasy or anything,but Mini was lying to Liv.
Quote:
This cast... too good for this show.
I completely agree. I will miss their cute faces though :'( They're the cast that I've grown to care the most. Which is weird maybe because I joined the fandom when gen 2 was airing,but these guys made completely forget about the second cast. I'll miss them a lot.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 03-15-2012 at 01:32 AM
Old 03-15-2012, 01:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
This season of course not only we have not seen any explaination for that strong reaction but she even enjoys ****ing around. It is not possible for someone who had major problems at physical approaching.
Worst part is that not only they did show us this unpleasant change in the worst way possible,they also refused to give any explanation.

Franky had a scared reaction when she and Matty were about to have sex in the woods,she literally run away and her face looked in pain without they even started.
Sorry if I cannot see how she turns to be a huge big **** sleeping around in the next episode.
I must have not watched S5 in such a long time I think I have actually missed the episodes between 5x08 and 6x01 This is why I fail to see any links to S5 work about Franky.
Agreed on Franky's end. I actually think Franky is a completely different person in each episode. Sometimes she's bitch. Sometimes she's a ****. Sometimes she laughs when Nick gets beat up. Other times she likes to have sex with Nick. And that's just in S6. S5 she was innocent and apparently the oddball of the group. That didn't stick.

Aside from that though, I do prefer S6 over S5 as a whole. It makes me sad that people bash it so harshly.

Quote:
I completely agree. I will miss their cute faces though :'( They're the cast that I've grown to care the most. Which is weird maybe because I joined the fandom when gen 2 was airing,but these guys made completely forget about the second cast. I'll miss them a lot.

When they announced the Gen 3 cast, I was convinced there was no way they could ever compare to the first two Gens. Oddly, enough though, I've grown to care about this cast the most too.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I must have not watched S5 in such a long time I think I have actually missed the episodes between 5x08 and 6x01
Amen, A+ etc.

E4 wanted a big change and more 'classical Skins' plots. Jamie Brittain left (most likely after being told his work on S5 sucked we may assume) and his father, who had never worked with those characters because his son created them, replaced him. These are the main reasons why there's not a real link between S5 and S6. I guess we could go on forever trying to find possible reasons why these characters changed so much, but there's none we can find in S5. None we can find in any universe possibly. The network itself said they hated S5 and wanted better ratings, and people linked to the show reported how the purpose of 6x01 was '****ing up everything we knew about the previous season.' How the writers changed the storylines and betrayed their own characters is another story. I'm not in the business so I really can't judge, they were told to make changes or they would lose their job, fair enough. But no one said to them to actually make them worse. The ratings are still the same and the show has not been renewed. Skins wasn't even faithful to itself, I don't see the point to search non-existent reasons for changes that in the end were mainly caused by external facts
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 AM
Loyal Fan

I find it funny that i actually went back and found prove for my explanations yet no one else can do the same, just completely disregard my explanations. Instead of saying im wrong, go prove me wrong with facts from S5. Bet no one can do that.