Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Haha, I actually know about the Tony accedent and I saw Effy's reaction It was a very emotional scene I don't know if I watch gen 1 or not, first I need to get over the annoyance with this show overall, but I'm planning on at least trying to get into gen 1. To see if it works for me.

Skins need to be over. The only good things they could do they did. Now they really ran out of ideas and became beyond cliched and stereotypical. There really are so many things to discuss and to address yet they choose to do something predictable and overdo things that shouldn't have been done in the first place such as random deaths. I feel like Skins just collected all the issues that teens can have but they didn't bother to give a deeper look into them. Shame because it could have been wonderful. Even with gen 2 it could have been ,but unfortunatelly it ended up being a joke in the end.
We realize, you dont like Skins. So why keep complaining about it? Its so annoying seeing you constantly complain about Skins. It's ridiculous. Can you stop know?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Anyone is free to express their opinion on this show. No one said people need to agree about it
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
Anyone is free to express their opinion on this show. No one said people need to agree about it
Yes but i hate that someone complains about a show they seem to not like. Its like Hating for no reason
Old 02-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

I agree with this But I think there's a difference between criticism and hate. Do you think Freddie's death was well handled? (I think that's what we were talking about.) Personally I don't. But I don't think I'm a hater for saying that

Now, (I'm talking for myself ofc) I love this show to pieces and I keep coming back to it with every new generation, but I don't necessarily think stating when I disapprove their choises makes me less of a fan. Honestly, I'd feel less of a fan if I'd keep making excuses for it no matter what. Sometimes they do mistakes (Freddie's death was the worst imo) and I'll face it.
I completely agree with you about hating no matter what; I see plenty of it everyday in this fandom (or any other fandom) and it's not the best way to enjoy a show, that's for sure. Even if it lets you down. But I really think there's a difference between criticism and hate and in the end, everyone is free to express their opinion.

Quote:
Luke Pasqualino@LucaPasqualinoReply
Enjoying a catch up with 2 of my skins girlies @lovelessandmore and @klarizaclayton #Re-union
Cool to know they're still hanging out Lily and Luke were just precious, I loved their interviews
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I guess i'll stay on topic. I'm almost for certain that if i was more social, i would be a clone of Freddie. I would probably do the same thing Freddie did for Effy when she was damaged mentally. I think i just realized how similar i am to him.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the lyrics "I aint afriad, the good die young" reminds me of Freddie

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 02-02-2012, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

what song is that from? yeah, it's so freddie.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
Cool to know they're still hanging out Lily and Luke were just precious, I loved their interviews
Awh, that's so nice to hear! And I loved their interviews too.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Zero (View Post)
Yes but i hate that someone complains about a show they seem to not like. Its like Hating for no reason
With all due respect, everyone is free to express whatever opinion they want to. It's not like I never gave a credit to the show for things I like or wrote long posts about characters and couples I liked. I contributed to the fandom a lot, just like everyone else. If at some point I ended up being disappointed with the way a lot of things on the show were handled it's just my vision of things. Not yourth. It doesn't have to be yourth nor do you have to agree with me. Yet every opinion (as far as I know) is allowed to be expressed. However, if there was something wrong with things I said or if they somehow indirectly offended you there was no need to attack me here, you could have pm-ed me. As the answer to your question about "Can I stop now" I want to ask you: will you stop expressing your thoughts? Or only your opinion is allowed to exist? I might not agree with it but I would never tell you or any memeber of the fandom to stop expressing their thoughts.

One of the things about Skins fandom that makes it to be an unpleasent place is how agressive people are towards each other.

To stay on topic, it is so nice that Luke got to meet with Klariza and Lily. The reunion

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by lisztomania; 02-18-2012 at 12:28 AM
Old 03-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Does anyone connect with Freddie on a personal level because I want to understand him better. I know I relate to him but I never took the time to look deeper like I have done for Franky and how I'm about to do for Effy.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

good grief the Freddie thread ughh nostalgia miss spending my days here back when we were all drooling fan girls and brb *checking out the op so I can listen to the Freddie soundtrack we made* (minus the unsurprising trolling I see below.)

that picture of Lilly down there reminds me of me and my fondness of social smoking. Luca isn't smoking what a goody goody Sicilian boy... I dream about defiling him with my crazy ways.

Freddie stans being insulted on the Freddie thread gosh how I do be lol'ing when I come on here these days. Maria, I will read your anti Skins posts forever don't worry.

eta- I think anyone who cares about people connects on a personal level with Freddie, he's quite maternal/paternal obviously a tad bit woe is me just the right amount of teenage angst-dom until he was slaughtered in a way that was beyond rediculous, but yeah, does anyone have a link to Erin's 4x05 review she posted on LJ in 2010. That sums up an understanding of Freddie's character perfectly I think. One thing I remember Erin said I think we would all agree looking back at the bath scene, Freddie would have made a great dad. < I think I almost cried when I read that. Gosh I wish we still had all the Freffies/Freddie stans our little army was cute.

Last edited by InIrelandItRainsXx; 03-31-2012 at 03:32 PM
Old 03-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maria, I will read your anti Skins posts forever don't worry.
thank you dear, I know I can always count on your loyalty

Oh, I think Luke actually does smoke or he started smoking after Skins, I think I saw pictures of him where he was smoking. Still I'd do dirty and crazy things with him even though I don't smoke

Actually Freddie was the only character I could connect with. I never really found the majority of gen 2 characters to be realistic or relatable, but Freddie in my opinion was the closest to it. While being this average teenage boy thing the writing for him somehow managed to not become stereotypical (unlike "useless" virgins, demonic "doomed" free spirited women, over the top supposedly "epic" and "brave" guys who are able to drink multiple sorts of alcohol, mess up with gangsters and still end up safe and sound while walking down streets singing songs) which is ironic considering that Freddie never got that much of a respect from the writers, yet they somehow did a brilliant job with his character, giving him relatable traits and a realistic dose of teenage angst as Niamh said. Pretty much everything he did and felt was directly or indirectly linked to his backstory and issues he had to overcome which made the writing for his character so consistent - untill 4X07 obviously. This great confilict he had to endure in 4X05 was one of the best things this show managed to produce for me and this is the episode I choose to remember my gen 2 experience by (Erin's recap was amazing, I don't have a link now but once I find I'll definitely post it here). He wanted to save Effy not because he couldn't save his mom as some say, he wanted to save her inspite of all the pain he had to go through because of losing his mom for similar reasons. He had no idea what to do, whom to turn to and he still tried his absolute best to do the right thing, to keep Effy safe and alive - even if it meant suffering, falling into pieces or running around the park chasing imaginary demons.

I also find it to be interesting how Effy rarely gave complements to anymore. She called Tony amazing and she called Cook brave, but when it comes to Freddie he was "the closest". I think unlike "amazing" and "brave" that highlight certain qualities she liked in those people, calling someone "the closest" is much more than just a complement, it's stating that this person means to you more than anyone else ever did or ever will. And I believe that the whole story was about it, about Effy finding the "closest she ever got to being close" and Freddie's determination to do everything, to go to the end of the earth, to make her happy. And not because he was all about her or she was all about him, but because their lives and their journeys led them to one another and it was not a random thing, it was something that naturally happened bit by bit. I don't know if I make sense though

Old 03-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Oh, I think Luke actually does smoke or he started smoking after Skins, I think I saw pictures of him where he was smoking. Still I'd do dirty and crazy things with him even though I don't smoke

Actually Freddie was the only character I could connect with. I never really found the majority of gen 2 characters to be realistic or relatable, but Freddie in my opinion was the closest to it. While being this average teenage boy thing the writing for him somehow managed to not become stereotypical (unlike "useless" virgins, demonic "doomed" free spirited women, over the top supposedly "epic" and "brave" guys who are able to drink multiple sorts of alcohol, mess up with gangsters and still end up safe and sound while walking down streets singing songs) which is ironic considering that Freddie never got that much of a respect from the writers, yet they somehow did a brilliant job with his character, giving him relatable traits and a realistic dose of teenage angst as Niamh said. Pretty much everything he did and felt was directly or indirectly linked to his backstory and issues he had to overcome which made the writing for his character so consistent - untill 4X07 obviously. This great confilict he had to endure in 4X05 was one of the best things this show managed to produce for me and this is the episode I choose to remember my gen 2 experience by (Erin's recap was amazing, I don't have a link now but once I find I'll definitely post it here). He wanted to save Effy not because he couldn't save his mom as some say, he wanted to save her inspite of all the pain he had to go through because of losing his mom for similar reasons. He had no idea what to do, whom to turn to and he still tried his absolute best to do the right thing, to keep Effy safe and alive - even if it meant suffering, falling into pieces or running around the park chasing imaginary demons.

I also find it to be interesting how Effy rarely gave complements to anymore. She called Tony amazing and she called Cook brave, but when it comes to Freddie he was "the closest". I think unlike "amazing" and "brave" that highlight certain qualities she liked in those people, calling someone "the closest" is much more than just a complement, it's stating that this person means to you more than anyone else ever did or ever will. And I believe that the whole story was about it, about Effy finding the "closest she ever got to being close" and Freddie's determination to do everything, to go to the end of the earth, to make her happy. And not because he was all about her or she was all about him, but because their lives and their journeys led them to one another and it was not a random thing, it was something that naturally happened bit by bit. I don't know if I make sense though
ia

lol Freffy propaganda, jk.

As much as I despise 4x07 and I know how cheesy and stupid the scene was but I always thought there was truth in Effy's statement "You made me go mad, love's not supposed to do that." Freddie was the first guy to kind of tip her world over, he kind of frightened her in a mental way because emotions can be savage when someone comes along and lets them out of you (if you have had them locked up for so long.)

You can either see beauty or disgust in that tragedy, I saw something evoking.

Freddie ahh I miss him.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
lol Freffy propaganda, jk.
Guilty! I'll always be guilty in it, I'm serving my life sentense tbh

Quote:
As much as I despise 4x07 and I know how cheesy and stupid the scene was but I always thought there was truth in Effy's statement "You made me go mad, love's not supposed to do that." Freddie was the first guy to kind of tip her world over, he kind of frightened her in a mental way because emotions can be savage when someone comes along and lets them out of you (if you have had them locked up for so long.)

You can either see beauty or disgust in that tragedy, I saw something evoking.

While I actually dislike that particular dialog (not to mention how that scene was filmed. Anthea was just standing there while FE were fighting lmao. The episode was just too bad all around on so many levels) because it cheapened and understimated the complexity of Effy's condition in a typical JB style, but the point is still the same: Effy kept her feelings locked for her whole life. She built those walls to protect herself from those feelings and from her inner demons and when Freddie broke them, all of it came out and it was like an explosion on Effy's collage. Too much to handle yet it was something she had to experience at some point. Because you cannot always hide and pretend you feel nothing or keep your emotions locked. You have to face your demons and fight them one day. And Freddie was willing to fight them for Effy which is such an incredibly amazing thing about him. His story was a story of a fighter, yet it turned into the story about him being randomly sacrificed for the sake of a cheap horror knock off and for Cook being able to scream his name in a face of a lame cliched psycho

Quote:
Freddie ahh I miss him.
I'll never stop missing him. Ever

Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Elite Fan

anyone who's missing their luca time needs to tune in to next week's episode of the borgias.