Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

That's cool. For me, these characters develop, of course, as we seem them so they have acquire and express certain characteristics and such that make them, them. That's why I disagree that the argument about Effy being OOC is weak because her actions as of such, at least those I've stated in my posts, seem OOC to me because they abandon completely the girl we met in the past 2 seasons. Not that she's growing. It's a complete change from who we met and that's why it's OOC.

Quote:
i don't think the OOC argument is really an argument either because written characters can't be OOC.
lol, What? How can written characters not be OOC? They're not realistic if they don't have some sort of characterization...then everything and anything's fair game which isn't fun at all because that leads to contrived and ludicrous writing. That'd mean that it'd be totally cool for Effy to suddenly walk over to JJ and ask him to teach her magic tricks, or for Emily to shag every guy that comes her way.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And here I was on my way to bed...

Everyone needs to chill out right now! People think differently and if a person can't accept that then that person shouldn't be posting at forum, which is a place for discussion. People are gonna like and dislike different things. If I wanna say that Naomi will fall in love with Pandora's mother then I can say that without getting interrogated or pushed into justifying myself. Same goes for every opinion here. This stops now, seriously. This board is better than that. And if anyone has anything to say to me about this then PM me. Jeez
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

Actually, there is such a thing as being written OOC. Every character's actions are dictated by the writers, true, however, each character has their own personalities that is shaped by their characteristics, thats how we determine standards. When characters begin to become manipulated to fit particular circumstances then we can classify them as being written OOC.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalnoob (View Post)
lol, What? How can written characters not be OOC? They're not realistic if they don't have some sort of characterization...then everything and anything's fair game which isn't fun at all because that leads to contrived and ludicrous writing. That'd mean that it'd be totally cool for Effy to suddenly walk over to JJ and ask him to teach her magic tricks, or for Emily to shag every guy that comes her way.
you confuse me. last time i checked OOC meant out of character and since the writers characterize the characters... how can somebody who's not realistic act out of charcter? i mean the writers decide how a character is displayed after all and since the character is fictional they can can characterize him in any way without him being OOC. i hope that makes sense. i think it's getting late.

thanks sweety. and sweet dreams. what a sweet thing to say. ugh sweet.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Exactly, OOC is out of character. They write these characters to have certain characteristics that define them as ppl so when they act strangely that you completely don't expect, it's out of character.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Graphics Team

why? the character could simply change... i think we won't agree on this one.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

NEW THREAD