Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's kinda crazy how much reaction/discussion this episode got.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

It's cool how you can interpret the show in a much different way from others. That shows how much more goes into the writing, for them not to create cookie-cutter characters.

kenny | credit
Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
Well this episode was about Freddie, so naturally he is the predominant discussion.
i didn't say it wasn't

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It's kinda crazy how much reaction/discussion this episode got.
The crazy part to me is that it was actually mostly decent discussion instead of just "OMG Freddie is gorgeous....like for real...you guys, I really mean it, my god".... b/c that was pretty much my entire thought pattern the first time through the episode

So um good job, guys, for being so diligent and thoughtful despite the distracting content.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Very true
Old 02-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Total Fan

true. not that im not saying that in my head 24/7

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you know, i was just wondering how cook got into effy's room... he probably used her bedroom window, ahem... at least freddie knows how to knock on the door... honestly though, we may not know why freddie likes effy, but i'd bet everything that it's not only because she's good looking or whatever ridiculous reason one can give... haven't you ever just met a person and felt a connection with them despite not knowing them very well?... besides, if it were only physical and not about actually having a relationship, i'm sure freddie wouldn't pursue her the way he has been... i think he wants to get to know her and that's more than i can say about cook... effy is bugging me this season though... i feel like they've built up the triangle more than why she's acting so recklessly... she always seemed so in control and now, she's just going for broke... i kinda liked her more when she was mute
Old 02-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Banned

i agree hunne, i hate that their making effy all of a sudden so broken when she was always in control. imo they manipulated her character to fit the triangle, or more specifically F/E, so she'll appear like a damsel in distress.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:28 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Have we not considered the possiblity that maybe, just maybe, the fact that Effy acts differently when she's with Freddie than with everyone else says something significant about the Effy/Freddie relationship?
the thing is, people don't necessarily like the change. so they begin to reflect their anger or whatever they feel on freddie because he caused this change. you see people begin to dislike freddie and the freddie/effy relationship more simply because they don't agree with effy's sudden change of heart.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
i agree hunne, i hate that their making effy all of a sudden so broken when she was always in control. imo they manipulated her character to fit the triangle, or more specifically F/E, so she'll appear like a damsel in distress.
i don't agree that they are manipulating her character to seem as if she has to be rescued by freddie... but if so, i'd have to say they are doing the same in terms of her "relationship" with cook... the way he talked down to her last ep would have never been tolerated by her, period... not that it was cause she did kick a little ass, but she sure as hell wouldn't have slept with him again... even once was outrageously gross to me, but i bought it as a one shot deal... i think she's taking comfort in sex because a) her home life sucks and b) she is afraid to feel anything for anyone period... she'd rather break other people's hearts than have her's broken... hence her stomping on freddie's... i mean, it's not that i don't see growth in her character, because i do... but i didn't think she'd be this wrapped up in a love triangle... her stuff with panda has been great this season though... i dig that friendship a lot now
Old 02-24-2009, 04:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I personally find it weird that Effy just sleeps with Cook, even though she doesn't even really like him.. For me it looks like she has no self respect if she opens herself up to someone she barely knows.
With Freddie I feel it's different, they have a connection and genuine feelings for eachother (hence the touching in class etc.), which was why I loved that they didn't have sex in the lake. It's about so much more than that with them!

I would've loved more build up where the triangle gets to know eachother, 'cause they're both in love with Effy since the first time they've seen her - which makes it seem like it's because of the hormones as teenagers!

Also, I know Tony kissed Sid in the finale (which was different, I think, 'cause it was a goodbye kiss) and now Cook kissed Freddie... Do men really do that?!

Skins is probably the onlyshow who could make me want to read Hamlet! It made me very curious, with the Freddie parallel. Loved how Naomi told him to get it together!

icon by NikitaWitter

Last edited by Xbel; 02-24-2009 at 05:00 AM
Old 02-24-2009, 04:54 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunee (View Post)
i think she's taking comfort in sex because a) her home life sucks and b) she is afraid to feel anything for anyone period... she'd rather break other people's hearts than have her's broken... hence her stomping on freddie's...
That's exactly what I think, too.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Great post, Lexi! Makes more sense now!

icon by NikitaWitter
Old 02-24-2009, 05:26 AM
New Fan

DEAD@ Freddie getting P.2 thread of his epi... lol!

I actually think I'm done with the ships involving Effy with the 2 boys, tbh. I say just stick the boys together.

I'm just pleased Freddie will move on after this and hopefully not look back!

As for Cook, I still like him. I'm not crazy about his actions at times but maybe it's because I'm soft but I can't help want to hug him.

It's almost like Cook is competing for Freddie even with his own family. I wonder what C/F talk about... who loved Freddie more?

Last edited by Claudia Kishi; 02-24-2009 at 05:31 AM
Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Extreme Fan

It's the new thread, #2

One more thing: In the beginning of the episode, Effy says "I'd rather ******* JJ" and in the end she does it again! :/

icon by NikitaWitter