Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

ForEver {Freddie ♥ Effy} #209: It's not just heart to heart with them. It's ass to ass too!

FREDDIE AND EFFY APPRECIATION THREAD

LAKE LOVERS .SOULMATES.

BEST FRIENDS. COMPLICATED SOULS.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love."

you are the light that's leading me

The lovers;

Click
185. figeuroa
186. neversleeps
187. beautifullybroken
188. HotPink88 (Anna)
189. AEwiess (Ahmed)
190. Mischief Managed
191. copulated kiss
192. pruedens_!! (Anna)
193. LondonTown89
194. Timtyra (Claudia)
195. Teen Vogue
196. MadisonNorthFan
197. Just

I was always very much anti-Cook before I was pro-F/E to be fair. I knew Effy as Tony's sister and as he was my fav Gen 1 character, I wanted her far away from Cook. I only really started to like Freddie following his s3 episode which is my favourite of that series and it was then that I started shipping them. This season, following again Freddie's episode was where it became more hardcore as opposed to a love for the two characters individually because I saw how well they just worked together.
-JusW

I started shipping Freffy before series three even aired. I read the episode description for the first episode of the series, then I saw the cast promos, and I knew they just had to be.
-love ridden

Probably the first episode. I thought they were ridiculously hot together but didn't mind that Effy went off with Cook in the end, because anything else would've been been too smooth sailing for Skins. Each episode the Freffy in me got a little stronger (and more anti-C/E as Cook proved way too big a fool/loser for Effy IMO), and by the Freddie's ep, I was hardcore enough to love them even through Freddie's darker days (ep 7-10).
-idkmybffjill

When I saw the classroom scene in episode 1. They way he calls her beautiful. And the way she looks at him is just... love. I knew it was a start of something special.
-TheSweetestSmile

I started shipping them from the beggining and by the episode 4 I was completely hooked. The eye!sex was great and you could see they were experiencing something new.
-MissSullivan

Even before series 3 began! I may have invented the word Naomily and Freffy, or be one of the youngest mods, but my proudest medal is that I posted the first Freffy shipper's thread. I knew I'd like them from the way the spoilers described
their beginning and ending. My shipping has continued ever since.
-Amberness

Episode 5 of Season 3. I thought at first Freddie and her would be good but then I realised maybe not, maybe it wouldn’t happen so I forgot it. And then The lake scene came and I was cheering Freddie on as he went in to the water. I’ll remember that as one of the most romantic moments I’ve ever seen.
-Phoenix Flame

Pretty much the moment I saw the 3.05 lake scene on YT. It was so epic and different than any show or couple I had scene and EF immediate caught my attention. After that I found out all of EF's story and how beautiful it was and I was completely hooked after that. They've become one of my OTP's. Such a beautifully tragic couple.
-hilarie.love

From the first glance I saw between them, I knew. The way they look is just right, as if they could really see each other. I had no idea about the show, but they were the main reason why I began to watch it.
-Male

Since the first picture of Luke and Kaya came out. I thought: 'These two look great together,' and with their scenes in the first episode such as the "she’s like beautiful" moment, i totally fell for them.
-Niet

The first time I thought about them together was when I saw a cast picture and i thought that Freddie is hot and would be great with Effy. For sure I knew after first episode and classroom scene.
-myys_PL

Series 3, Episode 1. I was instantly drawn to their chemistry from the moment they appeared on screen. Effy and Freddie share a look from a distance that speaks volumes. Their love story slowly began to unfold right then and you just knew they would be something special.
-sweetsorrow

I always liked the idea of Freddie and Effy together but the moment I became the militant shipper that I am was after seeing the scene outside Pandora’s party in episode 4. It was one of the first times Effy showed any real emotion, and it
broke my heart.
-Oh-Canada

I guess after the first kiss. I was hooked from the very beginning but after that kiss they got into my heart & never left.
-Ale

I started shipping FE during the Summer of 2009 when the season had already ended. I had never heard of Skins. I stumbled across an FE vid on YT and decided to watch. From then on I just kept on watching more. Then I watched the lake scene and that pushed me to watch all of season 3. I just had to watch this couple...I knew they were something special from one YT video.
-memory91

I shipped them ever since the first moment they locked eyes on the screen.I knew they belong together. The way they were looking at each other...knew it!
-HotPink88

The first episode of series 3 when Freddie said the "She is beautiful" line I was really intrigued. It kept growing as the episodes went by and by the time the Lake scene happened in Freddies episode I was hooked.
-roswellcharmed_2000

Click
95. Because she wanted him to hit her, only he could make him feel anything.

96. Because he kisses her with immense passion.

97. Because they both looked good the morning after with sex hair!

98. Because she couldn't resist that smile of his.

99. Because she called him and said "Because I love you."

100. Because Effy chose Freddie = OTP.

top 10: freddie/effy moments;

This is actually harder than Freddie's moment (I guess because there's this one definite moment for Freddie), so I'm gonna list three - the shed scene in 3.05, the lunch scene in 4.02, and the hospital scene in 4.07. The last one is obvious - she goes to sleep to the rhythm of her love for Freddie, but the first two are great Effy moments in themselves - not terribly much in the way of dialogue, but fresh, ever so subtly seductive and very very chic. Funny as well - the allusions to soggy biscuit, and joking about chlamydia. I liked also how in both those it was she who initiated contact with Freddie - both times out of the blue surprising him. It just "feels" very Effy and I can never understand why people suggest that she's being OOC or different when she's with him.
-JusW

My favorite moment would have to be the "I love you I love you I love you" chorus she said to herself at the end of her episode in series 4. Effy being in love is such a huge and powerful thing on Skins. She went from not speaking and not letting anyone in to falling completely in love with Freddie. To see her holding onto that so tightly even when everything else around her is falling apart was amazing to see. In that moment you can truly see how much Freddie means to her.
-roswellcharmed_2000

The meadow scene is my favorite because it's just so pure and perfect. It defines them in so many ways and they tackled all these aspects of EF so dynamically and beautifully.
-hilarie.love

It’s has to be the "It's you I spent all summer thinking about" line. It could have been so cheesy and yet for me it just made me smile and say Finally Effy’s being truthful and not running from him anymore.
-Phoenix Flame

My favorite Effy moment in a Freffy scene has to be...Freddie, you came! That was the first time to me we saw Effy really reach out to someone. She spotted Freddie inside the party and then followed him outside. It was like she was waiting for him all night. Even though she had spent most of the day with everyone else the person she looked forward to seeing was Freddie. She said so much in that scene and yet so little. It was all in her face. Then when she told him her parents were divorcing that showed just how much she cared Freddie. She opened up to him in her own little way and was hurt when he didn't respond like she wanted. Effy wanted Freddie to be there but she didn't know how to express herself. We saw a different side to Effy...she was no longer fit and mysterious.
-memory91

Definitely the moment in the meadow scene when Effy finally opens up telling Freddie that she had known from the very start that he's the closest she will ever be to being close. The way that whole scene was filmed and Kaya's acting were just beyond amazing. Eventually we got to find out why it was so difficult for her to accept that she fell in love with Freddie. "Here, your hole that fits mine"- simply beautiful
-HotPink88

I think it has to be their final scene. Effy has this desperate need to tell Freddie she didn't mean a word of what she previously told him & she keeps telling him I Love You until she fell asleep.
-Ale

Gif of the moment;
Old 03-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

the soundtrack;

DOWNLOAD

together when apart...

The Actors;

Easy. When he fought of her demons in the meadows, to me Freddie was the most beautiful boy in the world at that moment. Loving, sweet, generous, unafraid to appear foolish. His detractors say that he's a fool for love. This is one instance where I completely agree with them. For all his skater boy appearances, Freddie is a romantic at heart. Fighting the demons, embarrassing himself, making himself crazy for her - that's just the icing on a sequence of events which started with him bathing her, bringing her out of the house and hiring a rickshaw for fresh hair. Freddie treats Effy like a princess so much so he even got her a carriage.
-JusW

Gosh, this is hard. This boy is so beautiful. If I had to choose, it'd probably be the scene in Effy's kitchen in 4.07. I know that's kind of a weird scene to choose, but my love for Freddie was probably at it's highest point then. He's been through so much for her, for them and he sounded so confused and hurt and then when she told him to stop kissing her and he put his hand over his mouth like he was embarrassed or hurt that he did something she didn't want him to do? GUH.
-hilarie.love

Before 4x07 i would have said the lake scene but after watching Effy's episode i'd say the moment in the stonem kitchen when Freddie says: "You're making me mad now. And that's exactly what love's supposed to do." You can hear his pain in his voice! It's heartbreaking.
-HotPink88

It’s a tie. Between the "I’ll fight them, I’ll ****ing fight them" part because it just shows how much he loves Effy, that he’d always want to protect her. And the it’s better then that scene his face when he sees Effy and when he’s hugging and kissing her it’s just…Perfection.
-Phoenix Flame

The scene where Freddie bathes Effy. That was one of the most beautiful Freffy moments. Not many words were said. He literally took care of her when she wasn't able to do it herself. Not many people would do that. To me that shows real love. He was so gentle and sweet with her. It was such an intimate moment and Effy trusted Freddie completely. The way she looked at him it was like she couldn't believe he was doing all of this for her.
-memory91

My favorite Freddie moment is from the Meadows scene. When Effy is talking about the hole in her heart and he tries to tell her that he has the same hole in his that only she can fill and when he fights her demons off. You can just see how much he truly loves Effy. He's willing to scream and swear at no one or random tourists depending on who you ask just to make her smile even if its only for a few seconds.
-roswellcharmed_2000

Definitely when he chased her demons in the meadow. Who does that? Freddie couldn't see anyone but Effy was freaking out so he let himself be momentarily crazy for her. That's one of Freddie's finest moment EVER.
-Ale

Wonderwall by alifeuncommon16
It's You by alifeuncommon16
All The Same by SVEvenstar
Nobody Sees by Skategirl88
You by dream934
Iris by CLSG120
Shattered by lolohannah
Up in the Woods by aandbreatheme
Say (All I Need) by Skategirl88
And Darkness Would Turn to Light by tnella23

They're beautiful. Inside and out. There's a real sense of gentleness and purity about their relationship. It's untainted by cheating or petty fights. They're chilled, easygoing and they love one another. Young, carefree and in love is how I like to remember them.
-JusW

Okay, this is hard. LOL. But it'd probably be Freddie and Effy's character as individuals and how they work so well together because of that. Just how caring, innocent, patient, and loving a person Freddie is. And how cynical, dark, btchy, and mysterious a person Effy is. They're both perfect in their imperfections and flawed in all the best ways. They love each other so much and express that in different ways - it makes their story so complicated, yet so beautiful. They just belong together.
-hilarie.love

What I like the most about Freffy is how they have this gravitational pull towards each other. It's so great to see their characters develop through their feelings of either trying to fight it or giving in. Freddie stood up for himself finally, and we got to see a whole new side of Effy.
-Male

I love how Freddie and Effy are the more subdued, subtle couple on Skins. A lot of the other couples are more in your face about why they have a connection and feel the way that they do. With Effy and Freddie they just immediately get each other from the get go and they can see that there's something there that neither can ignore for long. The moment in the Shed scene where Effy says "Seems like a good place to hide" and they share that look said it all to me. They just understand each other in a way that no one else does or ever will.
-roswellcharmed_2000

I believe Amber said it best in that they are the perfect complement/contrast to each other. Where Effy is closed, Freddie is wide open. They need each other to balance each other out. I adore the idea that no matter what, it always comes down to Freddie loving Effy and Effy loving Freddie. "They are in the very wrath of love, and they will go together; clubs cannot part them." William Shakespeare
-sweetsorrow

Despite all the drama and all this crap they've been through there's some kind of innocent sweetness to them. Their love story is so touching, so pure and so well written (except for the ending of 4x07), you can't help but fall in love with them.
-HotPink88

When you watch a TV show, there is always a couple that you become suddenly drawn to. For me, Freffy are that couple. It’s hard to put into words why they are destined to be together, why they are two lost souls without each other, why they are two pieces of a jigsaw that just fit perfectly. They are utterly epic. The chemistry between them is unreal; the stroke of a hand or a longing glance is just mesmerising, so intense. Effy is scared of the fact that she needs someone, to love her and look after her but Freddie knows that he can be that someone and ultimately, she knows. Freddie and Effy complete each other. Freddie is the only one that Effy allows herself to feel something for, because he is the one. He has fallen for her and he needs her to be brave enough to catch him. They have the ability to make each other and break each other because their connection and love for one another is so strong. They have found in each other what some people spend their whole lives searching for; a soul mate. Their love is beautiful, pure, unconditional. Freffy belong together, without question.
-thatsnotmyname-x

Their never ending love & how they show it. It was love at the first sight because these two damaged souls recognized each other among the crowd. She fought against it but eventually she gave up & let Freddie in. Freddie showed his love in actions while Effy used words & speeches.
-Ale

Freddie and Effy: two people, two complicated souls, two hearts. FE makes me feel something without saying a word, and when they look at each other it seems like they are in a bubble isolated from the world, from everyone and everything. I can see in their eyes that what they feel about each other is passionate, intense and scary, because love scares people. But when it's so true like FE's love, you have to let it inside and live it.
-mari20

What do I love most about FE? That’s a hard one, So I suppose I’ll just have to answer that What I love most about Freddie and Effy is Freddie and Effy themselves. They just fit. They’re obviously so in love with each other that sometimes it drives them mad. And Like Freddie said That’s what Love’s supposed to do.
-Phoenix Flame

Well, I've loved them since I saw 3x01. I had heard about Skins before, just never watched it. I fell for them once I saw the 3x01 classroom scene. I just love how he is the nice guy, and she's the bad girl who is afraid of opening her heart to anyone. I have been obsessed with them for a long time now, and I still can't get enough. By the end of the season, we got to see her tell him she loves him. Let's say it like this... I love them because of too many things. Nothing is more beautiful than two complicated souls finding each other and then falling in love.
-TheSweetestSmile

Everything. But mostly it's because I've always thought love was about your actions not what you say. FE have shown from the beginning with their actions how much they love each other. They had a connection from the first moment they saw each other. No matter who they were with they wanted to be with each other. They both changed individually because of their relationship...I was able to see different sides to them. They went through so much to be together. They were tragically beautiful and one of the most unforgettable couples I've ever seen on television.
-memory91

What do I love about Freddie and Effy? Everything. Their passion, their intensity, their story, their innocence. Everything. Effy tries to conceal her emotions and pretend that she doesn’t care about anyone. Freddie wallows in self pity instead of being proactive and solving his problems. Each of them has something that the other needs, and they bring out the best in each other. No matter what anyone says, they truly love each other unconditionally.
-Oh-Canada

She loves the Sponge, not the Monster!
We do believe in Freffy! WE DO! WE DO!
Because The Freffy Army will get you sooner or later!
Eat my Kake you dirty dirty Freffy!
For Effy, Freddie > All Guys.
Did someone mention Freddie's new Episode? You mean Sex-pisode!
With the Skins cast aboard the F/E train, we're in very elevated company! Choo! Choo!
Vindicated! I am right, I swear I'm right, swear I knew it all along!
Don't like F/E? Deal with Lily. She's their biggest fan so go talk to her hand.
Episode 5 - ZOMGFHEG!! Don't believe us? Ask the creator of Skins.
Skins Gen 2 - a world created where Freddie and Effy were meant for each other.
Freddie, you've done it again! The most discussed episode on the Skins board!
Sweatpants, hair tied chillin with no make up on, that's when you the prettiest I hope that you don't take it wrong
Bad memories? Good memories? Here's to another 200 threads of Freffy love. Only love.
Sigh. Well this certainly isn't funsponge and rainbows anymore!
I carry your heart with me. I carry it in my heart.
No fate I want. No world. For beautiful you are, my world, my true.
We met a couple we like....they're like...BEAUTIFUL

Old 03-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Male!

Awiotjar;aekafda, Freffy is making me so sad again. I think I blocked it out of my brain how sad the situation is, just cuz I've been so angry
It's been one week since you looked at me, threw your arms in the air and said 'You're crazy!'
"That's better."
Lena icon: Unfortunate Non Blonde ♥
Old 03-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the new thread

The opening got me teary- eyed.
And feel the sky on your hands
Old 03-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt Male! Lol at the title!!!

Lena I know,it's so fcking tragic.. This next episode will be the last straw..

Vale X
Old 03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

I am off to bed. See you guys!
And feel the sky on your hands
Old 03-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

yayy TFTNT!

Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT

Quote:
Awiotjar;aekafda, Freffy is making me so sad again. I think I blocked it out of my brain how sad the situation is, just cuz I've been so angry
How depressing is the "you have to further now" scene at the end of ep 5 now? Further, like to the next ep where you get ridiculously beaten to death with a baseball bat by an evil medical professional?

I still think it's so dumb to do this evil psychiatrist plot when they made a whole ep out of figuring out that outside help is necessary when a loved one has a mental illness. Skins is not a "lessons" kind of show but they even had a little info thing up on their site about depression and getting help if you know anyone who needs it, and then 2 weeks later they make it seem like Freddie should've never gotten help at all b/c Effy only got brainwashed and then he died?? Tbh that's not being neutral to lessons, that's sending some pretty fcked up ones out there
Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Nite Justine

Ugh I can't handle this level of tragedy. Usually it's reserved for like Shakesperean couples, all of whom I hate so I don't care
It's been one week since you looked at me, threw your arms in the air and said 'You're crazy!'
"That's better."
Old 03-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Bye Justine!

I'm gonna go too..here's pretty much 2 a.m.!
Night Freffies! See you tomorrow!

Vale X
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Nite Vale! Everyone's leaving!

Kat, tell me that even Skins won't do a dumbass ending like CE randomly hooking up. I've lost allll my faith in this show, and Freffy are saddening me out atm
"That's better."
Old 03-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Stupidest 'love triangle' ever! I mean, this is the last thing I expected when they said "It's not with who you'd expect." SO FREAKING TWISTED. and that promo makes me sick when she says "I'll never forget you" the thought of her with foster makes me want to vomit UGHUGH.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutor_Girl (View Post)
Stupidest 'love triangle' ever! I mean, this is the last thing I expected when they said "It's not with who you'd expect." SO FREAKING TWISTED. and that promo makes me sick when she says "I'll never forget you" the thought of her with foster makes me want to vomit UGHUGH.
I know! It would've been so much easier to deal with Freddie dying if it hadn't been in this fcked up contrived way
"That's better."
Old 03-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

SO contrived! I just showed my friends the scene today and they were traumatized, lol. Stupid and horrible way to die!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermanentCatcher (View Post)
Nite Vale! Everyone's leaving!

Kat, tell me that even Skins won't do a dumbass ending like CE randomly hooking up. I've lost allll my faith in this show, and Freffy are saddening me out atm
Nah don't worry I think the twitter guy blew that when he said
Spoiler:
ie. any scenes with both of them in it will be ~romantic~ to their shippers (u know, like a romantic slap) but normal viewers are not gonna see it as such