Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Finale [3x10] Episode Discussion

Cook (Jack O'Connell) and Effy (Kaya Scodelario) are in self-imposed exile from the gang; they've gone to stay with Cook's father (Matt King). Effy is running away from everything she's ever known. Unfortunately, Cook is slowly falling out of lust, and in love. Back in Bristol, JJ (Ollie Barbieri) tries to snap Freddie (Luke Pasqualino) out of his depressed stupour; he's down about the loss of both his best mate and the girl he loves. Cook's father wastes no time trying to profit from his son's arrival, and involves him in the village steeplechase, placing a wager that could clear his pub debts, or lose him everything. Cook is vulnerable in his desire to please his father, and accepts the bet, regardless of the potential consequences. Freddie and JJ arrive, forcing Effy to confront who she is and what she really wants.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the thread Tar! I can't wait for this.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait for all the C/E action .
Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Tar
Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

the finale
Old 03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Yay! I can't wait for this episode. The CE in the episode looks like it'll be great. But I'm mainly looking forward to the amount of Cook in this episode and his family issues. I feel like we're definitely going to see more of his vulnerabilities and character development.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Banned

Cookie-fest is always a good fest and Jack is totally going to bring the house down and show everyone how it's done

Last edited by upthemorning; 03-25-2009 at 12:18 PM
Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh I agree. Jack is definitely going to own this episode and prove exactly why he's the "most talented natural actor" Jamie Brittain has ever worked with
Old 03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm definitely interested in seeing Cook's background and more of his vulnerable side. And hopefully the resolution of the love triangle 'cause I still have no idea where that's going to go. The writers seem to be plugging for F/E but I think once Effy gets to see where Cook's coming from and that he does love her he'll be in with a chance.

I hope we still get to see something of the others though. Some resolution between Katie and Effy would be nice and I'd like to see more of Thomas and Emily hanging out.

Should be a great episode anyway. Can't believe this series is over already though...
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Anxious!!!!
TK
Old 03-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

This series has flown past. Obviously it's not good that there prob wont be any Naomily, Thomas or Pandora, but hopefully they can have a story with these 3 (plus JJ) that is entertaining.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hopefully Cook earns my sympathy and interest this episode.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
New Fan

I just read an interview with Jack (the guy who plays Cook) and it gave a lot of insight. It also gave a lot of insight not only into Cook but into his relationship w/Freddie.

Jack: "What I found, seeing it on a neutral level, was that Cook is unfair towards Freddie and that needs addressing if they're going to remain friends, because obviously Cook's really inconsiderate. I reckon lessons are going to be learnt off each other. I'm hoping that it resolves itself because I don't see anyone in Cook's life closer to him than Freddie. Without his dad's presence Cook's got to find male influence from somewhere and I think it's this confusion – or lack of – which is where he goes wrong."

The whole thing with Effy has really opened up things between Freddie in Cook in this series. Cook finds out Freddie isn't the doormat he thought he was. Freddie finds out Cook isn't the cocky guy he thought he was. I'm not blaming Effy at all, mind you, but she has become the catalyst for Cook and Freddie in discovering themselves. Like all skins characters they make mistakes. I think Freddie & Cook's mistake was trying to give up on each other. To Cook, Freddie was the one he could always depend on in a pinch, his keeper, or his fall back. Freddie cares for Cook so he put up with his shenanigans. Now that they have something to rival over they think it's best to go their separate ways, play tug-o-war with JJ, and fight over Effy. Within all that they never got a chance to understand each other's feelings.

Now they'll be forced together, JJ is with them(able to speak his mind freely), and Effy will have to make a choice.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Cookie-fest
 to thousands screaming our name
    { N-DUBZ }

Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

If both Cook and Freddie are in love with Effy and she chooses one or the other will they really still be able to be friends at the end of this season? I'm not so sure.