that never gets told
if what you are is a daydream
i'll never get to hold, at least you'll know

you're beautiful
every little piece, love, don't you know
you're really gonna be someone, ask anyone
when you find everything you've looked for
i hope your life leads you back to my front door
oh but if it don't, will you stay beautiful beautiful beatiful...
beautiful beautiful beautiful

★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 01-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Total Fan

The Fratty pics get the most likes, but the haters are making sure to comment on them asking where Mini is
Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Never change people Like, are they hoping to get a reply or something?

Quote:
Franky Fitzgerald (SKINS)
If I go and spin around under some trees with a camcorder pointed upwards, does that count as art? Stupid holiday homework.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi ballbags, love you greatly

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 01-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Hi Maria Love you too

Quote:
Rider (SKINS)
Is there such a thing as a generic STD cream?

Mini McGuinness (SKINS) This is foul. Are you for real?
mte Mins
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Ride needs to put a photo, he's so proud of his pretty face

The pianist Seb is particularely awesome.

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 01-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Same glasses right?

Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Addicted Fan

And Mini too is wearing it when they're at the van.

Quote:
AE: Does Franky feel like a different character to play in this series?
DBR: It’s been quite nice for me this series because the way that Franky’s clothing and her style has changed is a representation of her opening up and becoming more herself which is something she hadn’t allowed herself to do in Series 5. You can see in this series that her look changes with her mood. For instance, she dresses more feminine when she feels loved and dresses differently when she’s in a sexually dominant relationship.
So basically our Franky wasn't andrgynous at all but It was an issue

Ok

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 01-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So basically our Franky wasn't andrgynous at all but It was an issue
I'm sorry but I don't see it that way at all Dakota. That's her interpretation and she's happy she can dress more 'casually', comfortably or whatever now. Because otherwise her speech in 5x01 doesn't make sense at all:
'if you can like, choose your identity, cause I tried today and now I feel kind of less like me, I think I kind of like it less when I'm trying not to be me.'

But now apparently they're gonna treat it like it was an 'issue' and 'wrong' for Franky to be herself and it's a huge disappointment tbh.

Quote:
she dresses more feminine when she feels loved and dresses differently when she’s in a sexually dominant relationship.
Now I know who to thank for those little red dresses then
But really, this seems so stupid and patriarchal? Maybe it's part of the issue 'how women are treated/seen by men in society' because between romantic friendship and women dressing like that because of their mood we're back to 1813 it seems
Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
I'm sorry but I don't see it that way at all Dakota. That's her interpretation and she's happy she can dress more 'casually', comfortably or whatever now. Because otherwise her speech in 5x01 doesn't make sense at all:
'if you can like, choose your identity, cause I tried today and now I feel kind of less like me, I think I kind of like it less when I'm trying not to be me.'

But now apparently they're gonna treat it like it was an 'issue' and 'wrong' for Franky to be herself and it's a huge disappointment tbh.

Now I know who to thank for those little red dresses then
But really, this seems so stupid and patriarchal? Maybe it's part of the issue 'how women are treated/seen by men in society' because between romantic friendship and women dressing like that because of their mood we're back to 1813 it seems
Honestly I really didn't get a fck about this Franky situation In the 5th season she looks like you said, pretty convinced when she burned the dress and stuff and happy when she has found friends who liked her as she was.
I mean... dressing like a boy has to be an issue by force? A girl in menswear can be glorious anyway without having a fckng mental problem, but now her androgynism has all another meaning not so cool.

Quote:
FM: Franky especially – and I think a lot of people will be quite shocked – she is not the androgynous, outsider she was. She is a lot more feminine and sexy and this is due to the impact they have had on each other both mentally and physically.

AE: Speaking to Freya earlier, she spoke about how Franky and Mini had, had an influence on one another and one of these influences was her new feminine look – would you agree with this?
DBR: I think it’s interesting she said this but I wouldn’t necessarily agree. I think whatever Franky does comes from within and what Mini has done is made her comfortable being whoever she wants to be – whether it’s a girl, a boy or something in the middle.
Here I think like Dakota. Franky who wears girly because of Mini's influence

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 01-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

I think it's interesting that Freya said one thing and Dakota said the opposite. In the end they're all giving their personal opinion to this story, just like we are doing.
Dakota didn't like Franky's 'style' in S5 and she couldn't be happier they abandoned it, ok I get it. Thinking your character was basically fake throughout a season comes as quite strong tho.
Sorry but I hate the idea that a girl needs to dress in skimpy clothes to show she's confortable in her own skin. The whole point of Franky in S5 was trying to be comfortable around others while being herself and that's why her character was great.

Quote:
whoever she wants to be - whether it’s a girl, a boy or something in the middle.
But didn't she say the opposite two lines above, that she wasn't being herself before? I have a problem with written interviews exactly because of this, you can never know what they're saying exactly. Bah I think Dakota is very lovely but her interviews often come a bit unfortunate, idk how to say that... phrased incorrectly?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

that pic is so ****ing cute.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heimweh (View Post)
Sorry but I hate the idea that a girl needs to dress in skimpy clothes to show she's confortable in her own skin. The whole point of Franky in S5 was trying to be comfortable around others while being herself and that's why her character was great.
Yeah, this. If what Dakota says is true, It's not a great message from skins this time, and not even a sign of 'Opened mind' like I thought about Franks.

Like you said actors have their own ideas about the characters, sometimes we agree, sometimes not. Freya and Dakota seem to give a different meaning to Franky's change, both the interpretation are not so great to me.

I had written my own interpretation about Franky that was not only an issue, partially yes, because Franky was lost too. But If she wears in that way just because uncomfortable everything would change now.
So I prefer to have my idea about Franks without analyze too much what actors say. Dakota is very young and I noticed that change opinion very often, and It's ok All these new haters in the last period are very very ugly and they should just a have more respect for an actress who loved until yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
that pic is so ****ing cute.
What pic?

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}