Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diu12 (View Post)
THIS!!! SO MUCH!!! I get that s5 wasn't successful enough, but what BE did was to destroy all that was built in s5. And that kinda ****ed up s6, because nothing that I see now in Skins is okay. It's a total mess and I can't buy it.

Oh, and that voice mail
The complete overhaul of everything makes it hard to get into. Franky and Matty? Over within the first five minutes of the first episode. Franky and Mini? Not even acknowledged. Grace and Rich? They killed off Grace. And now we have Franky/Nick and Alo/Mini; the latter of which I could have somewhat bought if it had been executed a little better. But I disgress...

The bright spot of tonight's episode, for me, (besides Grace haunting Franky) was the involvement of Franky's dads. I'm actually really happy she reconciled with them in the end. I'm going to try to be positive here. xD Maybe we'll see more Grace haunting the cast in future episodes. As much as I hate the premise, at least we get to see more Jessica <3
Old 02-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really think Rich is going to die at the end of this series more than ever before. It seems that each characters episode deals with their feelings about losing Grace and that manifests itself in different ways at the end of Franky's episode she seems at peace, and in Alex's episode we saw the beginnings of this with Liv - I'm sure it will be explored further in her episode.

I can't see Rich being at peace with Grace's death by the end of the series, not least because we've already had his episode and there just isn't the time to focus on him properly - he's been absent for two episodes and it doesn't look like he's in Mini's. So the only other way to finish the gen off with a neat bow is to kill Rich and have Hardlet together that way.

I really liked Franky's episode, I always thought she'd feel rightly or wrongly very guilty over Grace's accident. I thought Matty came across as being really pathetic in the phone call he made to Franky, but I guess he'll come back in Nick's episode - I wonder how Rich will take that? After all its not so much that he caused the crash, it was a genuine accident. But he basically LEFT Grace for dead.

Am I the only one now shipping Franky/Nick like mad?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailamicorazon (View Post)
The complete overhaul of everything makes it hard to get into. Franky and Matty? Over within the first five minutes of the first episode. Franky and Mini? Not even acknowledged. Grace and Rich? They killed off Grace. And now we have Franky/Nick and Alo/Mini; the latter of which I could have somewhat bought if it had been executed a little better. But I disgress...

The bright spot of tonight's episode, for me, (besides Grace haunting Franky) was the involvement of Franky's dads. I'm actually really happy she reconciled with them in the end. I'm going to try to be positive here. xD Maybe we'll see more Grace haunting the cast in future episodes. As much as I hate the premise, at least we get to see more Jessica <3
All this. I agree with it

And no, I don't see how I could get involved with Fick for about 5 eps. No thanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Absolute Fan

It was so nice seeing Grace again even if it was just for a few moments and her appearance was done much better than I thought it would be. It made sense to me.

I think I preferred episode 4 to episode 3 as well... It was pretty intense though.

ETA: OMG that voicemail More pleaseee

Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nevermind, here it is. I love how they have him leaving her messages, it's so sweet and heartbreaking
Old 02-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I miss them so much, and Rich (missing two consecutive episodes, wtf Skins). The only pair with any real substance honestly. Every other pairing this series has been handled so poorly.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:28 AM
Absolute Fan

I keep on remembering that we may not get another rich/grace scene ever again and want to cry about it

Old 02-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't want to be bitchy about s6 again, but the fact that people on livejournal and here seem to be less interested in it than in s5, and that fact that the ratings are not better show that they made this series wrong. If it's true that this is the last Skins series, they should have done it better, as a continuation on s5, without caring about the ratings.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelsket (View Post)
I keep on remembering that we may not get another rich/grace scene ever again and want to cry about it
STAHP EET!!

And yes, someone mentioned shipping Fick, and i actually do ship them, but it sort of reminds me of Ceffy a bit, cause i adored Cook and never thought Effy deserved him. But since i like Franky way more than Effy it's ok. Even though i still think king Nicholas deserves better.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Extreme Fan

I've been a Nick/Liv shipper last year so I don't want to see Nick with someone else. I still think Nick/Liv is wasted potential.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Let's kill this thread in the name of hardlet lovin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace-v (View Post)
STAHP EET!!
That's how I feel when I remember too!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Omg, Rachel, your combo!! DEAD!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Who wants to open?

Ghost Romance |Richard ღ Grace| #24: "That was the most beautiful sex scene ever on Skins." ~ Hardlet fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace-v (View Post)
Omg, Rachel, your combo!! DEAD!
Thank god one of our ships is doing well right now They were perfect!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelsket (View Post)
Who wants to open?

Ghost Romance |Richard ღ Grace| #24: "That was the most beautiful sex scene ever on Skins." ~ Hardlet fans.

Thank god one of our ships is doing well right now They were perfect!
I can open

Ugh, they were flawless. I was literally hyperventilating basically the whole time during the episode and when she asked him what would make him happy i had to pause it and calm myself down. And then i cried for a good half an hour after the kiss.
Oh, god, i'm so pathetic.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Haha, I will open now

newness