Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomily (View Post)
Going to be the highlight of my day, and will give me a break from this work. I know the episode is Effys, but I'm still hoping for lots of Naomily action. I really think Effy will help them get together. She's a Naomily shipper.
I also think she will play a part in them being together.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmm...I wasn't initially too excited about Effy's ep. I'm getting really fed up with the triangle (square? rectangle?) now and that will obviously feature quite heavily. But after watching the previews it looks more interesting than I'd thought. Shrooms, guns...should be pretty intense! Really hoping for some more Emily/JJ friendship scenes and more Thomas though. The poor guy's had hardly any scenes since his own episode. Oh, and add me to the list of people who want to see Effy get Emily and Naomi together!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

I don't want to see Emily and JJ scenes, reminds me too much of the end of last episode. Do we have any idea of what the gunshot it/who fires it?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's why I specified friendship scenes.

I don't know, but I think it might have something to do with the deer hunter guys? Can't imagine any of the cast getting hold of a gun. Well, maybe Cook.

Looks like we'll be getting more Katie too, which is good. I feel like I don't really know her character at all yet.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Absolute Fan

I wasn't really looking forward to tonights episode either (again, because of the "triangle"/EF-focus of it). I just wish the whole thing was over and done with already.

That being said...I am looking forward to the "group" aspect of the episode. Hopefully we get some JJ/Emily-friendship scenes and some progress with the Pandora & Thomas storyline. I also can't wait for Cook to show up. It seems a lot of people think that he'll be the one with the gun...but I honestly don't think so Or at least I hope not.

I agree. I'm looking forward to getting more Katie as well. I think that she's one of the least developed characters so far, so I really want to learn more about her.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I tend to like the episodes that focus on quite a few of the characters the best. Well, apart from Thomas' but that's just because he's my favourite.

I don't think Cook will be the one with the gun either. He definitely does have a 'dangerous' side to him and I can see him wanting to shock everyone but I just can't imagine him going that far.

I'm really interested in how Katie's going to react to the Emily/Naomi relationship and I hope we get some scenes between them too (good job I don't write the show, they'd be three hours long if I put eveything I wanted in!). I don't think she's homophobic, I think her hostily has more to do with wanting to protect Emily. Hopefully we'll get to see a more sympathetic Katie in preperation for the next episode.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Yep, I'm also so excited to see more of almost all the characters! Cause yay group!stuff! I hope it's a bit like Panda's.

Oh I'm sure of Katie not being homophobic! Like you said, she just doesn't want her sister to get hurt, that's all. I don't think their problem will solve this episode though, cause then they don't have much for the Twins' one. But yes, it'll be nice to see some reaction of Katie. It'll be nice to see more Katie in general! She's had the least scenes till now. .

And YES to finally some Pandora/Thomas stuff! We had to wait so long to see how it all goes down, after P/C happened.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just saw the episode. I have mixed feelings about it. I felt really bad for Katie because none of what's happening is her fault and she's just being screwed over. I hated that Freddie cheated on her. But I actually hated Effy more for doing him right after she beat Katie in the head with a rock and left her there to possibly die. I know she was on drugs but I really don't think that justifies it. I'm glad Freddie looked disgusted by it after he found out what she did.

And I can't help myself, I love Cook/Effy more and more everyday, no matter how much they push Freddie/Effy. I thought it was adorable when Cook went to her house with a black forest cake And told her mom they were going to "hang out". It was just the sweetest thing I think he ever did on the show. And he looked so hurt. And then when he showed up and said to everyone that Freddie took JJ from him and then "you took her away from me, too", it broke my heart. And their last scene was incredible. "It's you and me, babe. It'll always be you and me." I'm such a sucker for couples like this.

Anyway, Panda is still rubbing me the wrong way because of what she did to Thomas and how she acted throughout the whole episode. I'm glad Thomas left because I didn't like it that he was pretending nothing happened.

Overall I thought the episode was good, mostly because of the CE scenes. It wasn't as strong as JJ's episode, IMO, but it was better than I expected.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

I hated this episode so much it's unreal. The music was too loud. It was just so weird. And all the anti-Cook, even from JJ, my God.

And yeah, on a shipper note, didn't like the fact Cook called Effy babe.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow, what an intense episode.

I absolutely ADORED it.

Like, omg, the moment that Cook showed up it got so flippin intense. I loved when Thomas yelled at Cook, that was good acting . And I dont understand why everyone was mad at Cook!? I understand why Freddie would be mad at him, and Thomas, of course, but not really the rest of them.

Then when the whole Effy/Katie thing went down I was so confused. I couldnt tell what was a hallucination and what wasnt. My like for Katie def. went down in the eppy. She looked completely desperate and she was being a total brat to Effy. And then the way she was tackling her and chocking her, what the hell!?

But Effy hitting her with the rock was CRAZY. I do sympathize with Effy for that, even though it was a bit morbid because she was defending herself and she was on drugs.

But I cant believe she just left her there the entire night! WTF?! She should ahve gotten help RIGHT AWAY.

As a e/f fam, I loved their moments in the episode. I knew it wouldnt work out in the end. Such a shame. But I am glad, kinda, because I would be pissed at her too if I were Freddie. I dont blame everyone for shutting her out after that.

And then of course she turned to Cook when no one else wanted her around.

But on some level I found that ending scene kinda cute because E/C are a lot a like, and they do get each other, and its cute that Cook is always there for her. I just dont feel like Effy's heart is with him. But I like them as friends.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
"It's you and me, babe. It'll always be you and me." I'm such a sucker for couples like this.
Sounds like something Chris Brown would say to Rihanna. Talk about scary. Hopefully Skins will go authentic and show just how bad boys who can't control their tempers really act.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Man this episode was a complete mind**** but I finally got to see the stuff I had been dying to see.

A lighter side to Freddie. Boy when he leaves all that triangle garbage at the wayside he's a much more happy-go-lucky and chill... The Freddie we're seeing now is the Freddie that we were told about in his character description.

Pandora and Thomas: We finally got the confrontation...No explanation as to why she did it though... I know I wanted Thomas to knock Cook out last week... But I was so happy that he walked away this week... He's truly a bigger man than the rest of the guys and proves it through each of his actions. I loved that one of the reasons he fell in love with her was because of donuts. Gotta love it.

Poor poor Cook... Man I can't wait to figure out what's wrong with that kid. He's got absolutely nothing. He's got so much nothing that all he wants from others is pain if that's all they can give him.

Like I said this episode was a complete mind**** so I'll have to post a more in depth review once I've given the episode a second viewing.

Caution: Posts may contain dangerous levels of sarcasm
Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
Sounds like something Chris Brown would say to Rihanna. Talk about scary. Hopefully Skins will go authentic and show just how bad boys who can't control their tempers really act.
We'll see...
Old 03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Katie was goading Effy in the woods, right? Like, if you know the girl is on shrooms, you probably shouldn't physically attack her. Not saying what Effy did was right but Katie is a complete moron if she thought provoking a girl who was obviously having a bad trip would end at all positively.

I hated Freddie in this episode. Hated Pandora. Amazingly, I liked Cook and I think I just became a Cook/Effy shipper.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inesal (View Post)
OMG!