Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

4x08 [Everyone] Episode Discussion Pt. 2

With their A-level results in for most of the gang,
thoughts about the past and the future are on their minds.
Thomas is running fast, Katie is doing her best to match make,
JJ is baby sitting, Cookie’s up to his old tricks, Emily’s confused and Naomi’s had enough.
Effy is released and pining for Freddie. But no-one knows where he is.
And Pandora has news of her own, but is anybody around to listen?
As most of our gang congregate at Naomi’s they’re all trying to get along
and make sense of recent events to a backdrop of chaos and 80's music.
Slowly the gang end up in the one place that makes sense.
In their final moments they are reunited once more and anything could happen:
make-ups, break-ups, punch-ups. But one thing’s for sure, it will be eventful,
and for some, there's no going back.

Written by Bryan Elsley
Directed by Daniel O' Hara

Thursday March 18th on E4

Continue your discussion here.
Let's all have fun!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

From the man who wrote this episode
Quote:
Bryan Elsley - writer of episode 8 and Skins co-creator

Writing the last episode of Skins is so difficult. And this one has been really hard because it is the last episode of Skins UK that I will ever write. I think the time has come to hand over to the fantastically talented group of young writers, we've spent all this time putting together. They're young and creative and totally fearless which is just as well, because I don't know if you realise it; you, our Skins Fans can be quite scary at times. It can be like showing a group of trusted, really cool friends something you have done, and when they don't like it, it's devastating. There have been a couple of moments I know, when you weren't sure of what we were doing and I'm here to tell you that sometimes we don't know exactly what we're attempting ourselves, and how it will come out. That's because Skins never wants to settle down into something predictable or just do the routine. Television writing is really really hard. So hard that sometimes I think my brain is going to explode. So I've wrestled the characters for the last time, trying to pull them out of the sky where they've been flying, and this is my last go. I hope you think its ok.

Next year, we will have new characters. Give them a chance to develop. I hope you will feel that however they turn out, that Skins is a show made with love and respect for you and your lives by people who try to be close to that. Is it supposed to be realistic? No. Can it be funny all the time? No. Should it be depressing? No. But it should say something important; that being young can be so fantastic, and such a disaster at the same time. And that you are not alone. Somewhere, there is a person experiencing the same things as you; whether they are stupidly hilarious or just terrible. Finally: That the way adults see you is not all you are. That is Skins.

What I'd like to say is that, without some people you've probably never heard of, there would be no Skins. Charlie Pattinson, Chris Clough, Francis Hopkinson, Danny Cohen, Lyndsay Nuttall, Sarah Martin, Sophie Gardner, Camilla Campbell, John Griffin, Ian Johnson, Donna Emerson, Chloe Moss, Neil Duncan and Kevin Lygo are the people who made this happen. Don't worry, they don't need you to know who they are. But they are true friends of the show. My personal touchstones since series one; editors James “The Slasher” Hughs and Dan “The Butcher” Gethic kept me up till 6 in the morning again and again, making me eat **** food and breaking the no smoking rules. But most of all, I am in debt to Jamie Brittain, the true creator of Skins who showed his boring old man how to have fun with writing again.

I will be around. But I hope that in the next couple of years, the young writers will find even more ways of making this your show about you. I hope you'll give them a chance to show you what they can really do.

Love. Bryan.

skins - Writing episode 8 and Skins - Skins news - E4.com - skins
Old 03-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
And this one has been really hard because it is the last episode of Skins UK that I will ever write.
YESSSSS!!!!!!
Elite Fan

I think Bryan might be a little cookoo.
Loyal Fan

no clue, hopefully both. Not all characters from both generations though. Hopefully they don't include any storyline from this gen, I'm bored of the triangle already and don't care about Freddies funeral/death any more.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Writing the last episode of Skins is so difficult.
Reading between the lines, I assume B. Elsey means he broke out the MDMA for the occasion to take the edge off.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

Well....someone was certainly bitter
It's been one week since you looked at me, threw your arms in the air and said 'You're crazy!'
"That's better."
Lena icon: Unfortunate Non Blonde ♥
Old 03-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusW (View Post)
YESSSSS!!!!!!
Hallelujah!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

And I know this is kind of irrelevant at this point, given to how sht the show was, what was the point of killing Freddie if Effy was just going to be released like five seconds later anyway? I mean, I knew there wasn't ever going to be an actual reason for killing him besides shock value, but that's still pretty bad
It's been one week since you looked at me, threw your arms in the air and said 'You're crazy!'
"That's better."
Lena icon: Unfortunate Non Blonde ♥
Old 03-18-2010, 06:54 PM
sp.
Master Fan

I'm speechless.
I can't believe I was actually excited for this ep. There are no words to explain how the writers messed up, seriously. I'm just... speechless.

I feel like this a dream, it's the only way.
sara | tumblr | icon
Old 03-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Loyal Fan

because John wanted to get with Effy, and he couldn't do that if she was with Freddie.

Or maybe he just found him boring.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Total Fan

It is really sad that at the end I felt about as happy for Naomily as I did for Thomas and Panda: I didn't care that much. Naomi's speach was like fixing a shot wound with a band aid. Even if Naomi loved Emily since she was 12, it still doesn't change the fact that she cheated and we spent all season long watching them hurt each other and be completely unhealthy. I derived no pleasure in watching them and now they are gone, thank you Skins.

Yet, at least I'm glad that my favorite character ended up with a smile instead of dying for some stupid reason or crying like she did all season long. I'm gonna miss Emily Fitch.

I'm so sad for the way Effy was robbed of a great resolution since she has been a character I cared for 4 seasons and now I won't see her again.

I don't even know what to say about Cook. What the hell will happen with him?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Why was JJ babysitting and taking that baby over Naomi's house? I don't think that was the best environment for a baby.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

As for me, I am an American. I wasted the last bit of my harddrive space downloading this series, and this episode, and now I want to walk myself to the UK and beat the Skins writers like John beat Freddie.

At first, reading some of the post before I watched it, I thought everyone was overreacting, but then, I witnessed the piece of well, you know.

This episode couldn't be called a finale, much less a series finale, much less an episode. I'm still having a hard time believing that this was actually allowed to air, I am expecting major riots in the UK in the fourthcoming days, cause, crappy writing..

I am just going to peer evaluate everything:

Naomi/Emily:
This whole storyline was confusing in the episode, one moment they loved one another, the next they didn't, and then at the end, randomly at that, they are lovers!?! There was basically no continuity whatsoever. All there was was Emily crying, then Naomi crying, then it ended. No anything.? That was all.

I suppose since the episode was technically supposed to be about Naomi, it got to the point because it took them all episode for 30 seconds to reach a conclusion.

Effy: Nothing!?!? No ending? Really? 4 series for that?!?

Thomas/Katie/Panda: A real mess but at least they got a decent ending, as unrealistic as it may seem, it was still closure.

Cook: I am not even going to comment on the story they made him in this episode, it was like half a storyline, I'll give them that, but when I saw the end of the episode, I honestly thought the download had been cut in half because it was just nothing.

This episode really, had some strong points, and so much potential and that is what hurts. The Panda scenes, the overall plot was alright, I wonder if they had more time if it would've been better, but still, it was just horrid in almost all aspects.

No wonder they said not everyone got a happy ending.
No one really got a freaking ending at all?!?!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am most upset that the character I've spent four seasons watching has been reduced to nothing. She better get something in the Unseen. But even if she does, what does it matter? They didn't even bother to write her a resolution in the show itself. It's such a waste of a great character.