Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberness (View Post)
i can't wait for the next ep already, but not so much the season ender
Coming to an end, don't remind me.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Total Fan

ikr?

btw i'm starting to wonder how come this ep is not getting much of a reaction...

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberness (View Post)
ikr?

btw i'm starting to wonder how come this ep is not getting much of a reaction...
Cause not much happened other than we thought it was a cute and adorable episode. No major drama went on.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Total Fan

mte. we are very much the drama whores as fans of SKins

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Given the heaviness of the previous episode I understand why JJ's came next. It was enjoyable but I probably won't be rushing to watch it again for a long while. It was cute. I'm gladd JJ has a girl, he deserves a little happiness of his own.

Cook...thought he'd turned a corner but him escaping & making his friends hide him out is a step backwards to say the least.

Emily...if she wasn't ready to forgive, she shouldn't have gone back. She's putting herself and Naomi through unnecessary hurt. I loved the scene between her and JJ though.

The singing in the car was my favorite.

Looking forward to next week but it can take it's time getting here. The end is way too near.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sort of beautiful (View Post)
Her hair annoyed me, Her voice annoyed me and her presence really.
I loved her hair, kinda animeish, her voice I also loved, soft and caring. She was great.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Aww, this was an adorable episode. I don't mind Lara/JJ - I actually find them super cute. But I'd rather that J.J. got together with one of the girls on the cast - that would make me feel more attached to them.

But, I loved JJ's singing and every single Cook scene
Old 03-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was kind of... I dont know.. I like JJ but mostly as a background characther his girl was nice, I liked her. But it just reminded me of a bad american teen movie. I did however love the JJ/Cook moments funny and cute. Seeing how the last 5 episodes were pretty angsty, Im glad we got a happier one but.. still it was kind of predictable and lame
Where soul meets body
B&S
Old 03-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

I just want JJ to be more involved with the characters because I love him so much!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Total Fan

I really liked this episode. JJ was very endearing and the girl playing Lara was great.

I think this is the episode I've enjoyed the most after Katie's and it is one of my favorites of this season. I really liked Emily's, Freddie's and Cook's episodes but in retrospective I start to find things that I don't care that much for.

This episode was very uplifting and nice so that alwas makes it great for rewatching. The serenade scene was especially adorable.

I loved the baby they used as Lara's son. I find babies cute in general but this one was so lively and adorable laughing at JJ's tricks, aww.

I thought Freddies 1.5 second scene was odd. He looked the most upbeat I've seen him this season and his girlfriend triead to kill herself just last week. I dislike Luke's general morose acting but this was a moment that called for it.

I loved the callback to the Vitamin C moment from s3.

The only downside was, and this pains me so much to say it: Naomily. Kat's acting was great but those two are so miserable now, it's like they have sucked the life out of both characteres. Their relationships looks so unhealthy at this point that even a big gesture is not going to make up for all the emptiness I see in them now.

It's just sad because, when this season is over, the only moments I could rewatch and enjoy with them will be the goggles scene, the moped ride and the Mexican party of two and even those will be tainted by the knowledge of the cheating and Naomi's behaviour in the scenes between those moments. Then they will ne gone.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Their relationships looks so unhealthy at this point that even a big gesture is not going to make up for all the emptiness I see in them now.
Two sequences since Emily found out Naomi was cheating. I guess I will wait until we get more than a few sequences. They are at the same point many romances go through when it hits a gigantic dilemma.

Quote:
Sorry...one negative thing to add.....what the fck is going on with NE at the moment. I'm sorry...things are not clear, ok Emily ain't done nothing physical yet with this girl...but i thought they....i dunno what they are at the moment. Those two are really confussin right now and it's annoying that is hasn't been addressed yet. Shame on the writers!!!
Shame on the writers? It isn't hard to follow. Emily is still in love with Naomi and Naomi is still in love with Emily. However Naomi cheated. Emily resolved to give Naomi a second chance but as with most people who decide to stay with someone who cheated on them she is going through the stages. First there was extreme anger and acting out in a way to hurt Naomi in episode 4. Katie slapped her, brought her to her senses on that point, and now Emily has moved on to the next stage which was shown in episode 6. That means she cannot bring herself to be intimate with Naomi so she is looking for a more black and white type of relationship to overcome the loss she feels - to be intimate again with Naomi is something she can't do at this point because she feels she cannot "trust" her. This is what JJ stated and JJ told Emily right, that she has to overcome this lack of faith, realize people make mistakes and not lose what she wants because she has been hurt.

The show has been sharp in how it understands this situation and how two people respond to each other in that situation. Emily's behavior is well written and so is Naomi's. This is believable behavior.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vega_ (View Post)
This episode was very uplifting and nice so that alwas makes it great for rewatching. The serenade scene was especially adorable.

The only downside was, and this pains me so much to say it: Naomily. Kat's acting was great but those two are so miserable now, it's like they have sucked the life out of both characteres. Their relationships looks so unhealthy at this point that even a big gesture is not going to make up for all the emptiness I see in them now.

It's just sad because, when this season is over, the only moments I could rewatch and enjoy with them will be the goggles scene, the moped ride and the Mexican party of two and even those will be tainted by the knowledge of the cheating and Naomi's behaviour in the scenes between those moments. Then they will ne gone.
Get what you mean. Soon as you saw them two, it kinda made my smile dissapear. Whats going on? I really cant figure out what's going through their heads at the moment. Naomi looks like crap, Emily...still hurt of course but...dating Mandy. Cannot figure them out right now. And like you said once this season is over and done with, there wont be much NE scenes that are worth watching cause most of it is filled with angsty.

JJ's ep was so uplifting. The bit at the end where JJ won her over by singing....awww so cute. How could Lara turn him away after that, and thank god she didn't. These two kinda click so well and it's nice to see JJ happy. He deserves it.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Really decent ep - nice break from most of the angst.

Not sure I'll ever tire of watching the scenes in the car, loved the timing and the general ridiculousness of it all. Speaking of the car, must have been quite a find to get a 2CV in decent condition, capable of movement and a stereo! . I guess that's what vehicle trailers and sound studios are for.

It was nice to see a little more of JJ's home life, particularly his mum who had no speaking parts (or much else) last series and still managed to convey the gentle, sensitive kind of parent that the show often doesn't. I liked her a lot this time as well. Shame that the actress is probably unknown to most people outside of Britain (and quite a few here, too).

The JJ/Thomas friendship is done pretty well for me but Cook's SL just looks a mess at the moment. IA with what people on here and elsewhere have already said - it seems to make his episode look a bit redundant, but who knows.

Quote:
The show has been sharp in how it understands this situation and how two people respond to each other in that situation. Emily's behavior is well written and so is Naomi's. This is believable behavior.
100% agree. I've found nothing post-402 that's been anything but honest and believable in the writing for these two. I understand where a lot of people are coming from regarding the angst seeming to linger on more than necessary, but there has been movement in their relationship as you mentioned. For me Emily going out for a (very casual) drink/night out with another girl is further proof and again, believable. Mandy seemed to come across as more a sounding board for Emily than a potential partner.

Last edited by Beached; 03-06-2010 at 07:11 PM
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

One word: C U T E !