Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

No, it was because everyone around us was just making it really uncomfortable and I was in a really awkward phase of my life on top of that. The disabled kids who are transitioning from living at home were all being taken care of by the dorm staff, which was mostly middle-aged men and a few women. He had been in the program the previous year – not for physical stuff, but for helping with transportation and academic assistance because he couldn't walk very well from having childhood cancer. Meaning that they all knew him, and when the ladies started suspecting that he had a crush on me, they wouldn't stop teasing me about it. I hate it when adults do that. I had this idea that I was going to move away and become an adult and everything was going wrong, and on top of everything, my one romantic opportunity allegedly was being treated like two elementary school kids being pressured by their parents. I was mortified by the teasing and also disgusted that they thought it would be cute to infantilize us, so that totally killed any curiosity I had to pursue it in the first place.

If everyone hadn't been breathing down our necks and he wasn't so awkward about everything, I probably would have at least tried to make out with him. no one had been interested in me to my knowledge for years, so that aspect was exciting. In reality though, it's probably better worked out the way it did, because I was never genuinely interested and more curious because of the lack of options and experience.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ridiculous and insulting....this just makes me so angry for you! People really need to learn what respect is.

And I agree with you, sometimes I too want to jump any cute person that comes along out of despair, but then I remind myself that this experience will most likely be added to the jar of regrets

However...maybe you should meet with him now?
Old 09-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the support! I've learned to just tune out people's tendency to be patronizing, but it happens so often, it can get kind of discouraging.

I know, it's gotten so bad! I'm so isolated that I have literally started to fall for anyone age appropriate who shows me in the slightest bit of kindness. It's just getting annoying. I caught myself flirting with my waiter the other day.

I actually don't have any idea how to contact him again. I only saw him once or twice in passing after freshman year, which was four years ago. I assume that even with a reduced load, he's graduated by now. Anyway, I'm in Pennsylvania and I'd assume he's still in California, which are on opposite sides of the country. I think he deleted his Facebook, he doesn't text, and I don't think I ever saved his number in my phone.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand...I try to do the same, but some people are too impudent to ignoreWhat annoys me the most is how superficial and judgmental most people are, they assume they know everything about you the minute they see you

Lol, I know right Your waiter? Was he cute? Did he flirt too?

Have you tried googling his first and last name? He may have some other accounts in the social media, you just need to find out what nickname he uses. Most people aren't very secretive when it comes to using their last name in the social media, which is naive, but helpful when you're a stalker
Old 09-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, and when you have a physical disability, it's 100 times worse. People assume you have the mind of a three-year-old just because you're in a chair

I'm pretty sure that waiter was a gay guy.

Look at you going all stalker! To be totally honest I frankly don't care that much and it would be weird if I did (this coming from the girl who remembers every person she's had a crush on since 2004 with wistful nostalgia ) because I haven't seen him in years and he was crap at keeping contact with me when I lived next door, let alone across the country

Old 09-19-2014, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lolz, I try to stay away from gay guys

I'm a well known stalker But I learned from the best

Good for you then! Holding on to the past never ends well
Old 09-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, even if something really hurts you, it's best to let go of it as fast as possible, because the person who hurt you probably doesn't even think of you, at least in my case, so you're only hurting yourself

Old 09-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree...but sometimes I wonder if they really don't think about me or it's just what I'm telling myself. Maybe they do. It doesn't make them any less toxic for me though.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

For me personally, it would make it so much worse if they were, because if they fed off of it too, I would never be able to move on. It's easier to just remind myself that if they don't care about me, they're not worth my time.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Doesn't it work for you to think that a relationship was bad and unhealthy and mostly brought you pain?
Old 10-25-2014, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

I came on the board after months...it's a bit weird seeing it moved in the past section, for a moment I feared almost it was in the closed.
I miss the old good times spent here being a fangirl.

Icon
Old 10-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Why aren't you visiting anymore?
Old 10-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Zefiro! You probably don't even remember me because I think you were active here before I was, but I always read through the old threads and think about what insightful points you made.

That picture

Old 10-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently that was the last we heard of Zefiro
Old 10-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

It makes me sad when people stop in to say hello and never come back that's actually pretty accurate for the way things are now.