Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached (View Post)
her mum's a bit like an older Sienna Miller. Or is that just me?
In 15 years, yeah, I think they can be similar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beached (View Post)
I doubt much thought was given to it at all, it was just written as happening that way and the ends justified the means. It's probs easy enough to find out about extradition treaties but it's also easy enough to find out about Harvard entry requirements. The show's got form with this sort of thing
The characters hve to exist somewhere Sometimes I think about them as if they were real

Aahhhaa what I found in my skins archive, one of the rare looks between Seb and Dakota

That awkward moment when Seb says the series is hopeful, Sean is in a total disagreement, Seb pulls a long face, a worried Dakota feels to stay in the middle of them and points out that there's hope because it's totally normal, so Seb pulls a longer face

At the end he was right

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 03-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianuvs (View Post)
Aahhhaa what I found in my skins archive, one of the rare looks between Seb and Dakota
Yours is a goldmine. Are they in character in this pic?

Quote:
That awkward moment when Seb says the series is hopeful, Sean is in a total disagreement, Seb pulls a long face, a worried Dakota feels to stay in the middle of them and points out that there's hope because it's totally normal, so Seb pulls a longer face

At the end he was right
The end of S6 felt like the finale where no-one was going anywhere. In the past there was always something that made me feel like they were - and yeah, however ridiculous a few of the endings were - they were off. And not just away from their hometown, or away from their old lives but moving on properly. Alex got on a bus.....shocking, only because we have seen that one before. I thought 'where's Anwar?' tbh. Rich getting into a top uni might be plausible enough but if you've just watched S6 new, you might be forgiven with a 'who the **** is that?' type reaction when he's eventually on screen. Didn't think much of the others. And yes, 610 would've been far better as Franky's 'real' ep imo. Weren't those the sort of themes being hinted at and hoped for? Take out all the rushed other sht going on and it felt about right.

Last edited by Beached; 03-31-2012 at 05:31 PM
Old 04-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

Franky's storyline in 6x10 should have been the theme of her episode, I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
I thought 'where's Anwar?' tbh.
I thought about that, too And I was shocked when Liv didn't come out and ask him to join.

Quote:
I never know if they're in character or it's just Seb and Dakota hating on each other in S6
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 04-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Total Fan

Dakota looks maaaddddd that he decided to speak. Sean and Seb wish she wasn't in the middle I bet

Quote:
The end of S6 felt like the finale where no-one was going anywhere. In the past there was always something that made me feel like they were - and yeah, however ridiculous a few of the endings were - they were off. And not just away from their hometown, or away from their old lives but moving on properly. Alex got on a bus.....shocking, only because we have seen that one before. I thought 'where's Anwar?' tbh. Rich getting into a top uni might be plausible enough but if you've just watched S6 new, you might be forgiven with a 'who the **** is that?' type reaction when he's eventually on screen. Didn't think much of the others. And yes, 610 would've been far better as Franky's 'real' ep imo. Weren't those the sort of themes being hinted at and hoped for? Take out all the rushed other sht going on and it felt about right.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Addicted Fan

After the finale, I think Skins this year has sent a good message through characters like Rich, Matty, and Mini.

Mini didn't choose to abort, there are so many abortions among young people so this example is nice. Well, I don't think Mini's always been wise in her pregnancy, she should've told Alo, her mother, and estimate every options together, but honestly I'd have found horrible if she or they decided to abort, cause Mini and Alo love each other and together they've got the money, an abortion would have been a hasty decision for fear of a baby.

Rich learnt to love his life and to be happy beyond Grace's death, keeping her inside and following her aspirations, loosing all those "silly" structures as a metal-style or a rigid point of view. In this series Rich is much more man than in the previous one, and he became a man through his pain. Good message.

Also, all the horrible things happened to Matty (criminal behaviour, car accident, runaway) have got a bold social content and a double message is sent: to the society, and to youth like Matty.
I think Skins to the society suggests that not even "crimes" and "criminals" have to be categorised, but it's what laws do. Sometimes a crime is a mix of situations beyond our personal control and doesn't suit to any definition or sentence.
And to people like Matty the message is to agree to compromises for love of ourselves, because we can't live outside the society, it's everywhere and builds our future. Matty's compromise is an act of love for his life, it might be a bit unfair considering the nature of his crime, but it's surely the most logic option he could take for his future.

Then there's Franky. I think about her and there's not a a very good personal message to me.
The message is "Find your biological mother, only with her everything will be ok?"
And adopted people who hasn't got a real chance to meet their families? Lost forever without hope to learn how to love or to be happy?
I prefered If Franky found by himself the strenght to live, mother or not mother. Franky left everyone, it's not a great thing to do. I'd have prefered if, dispite she found her mother, Franky decided to stay with Geoff and Jeff who adored her (Biology doesn't matter, you're hope Franky) and with her very first friends who loved her (also Liv at the end, she just needed to make up with Mini).
With the new answers she needed from her mum, she'd have dicovered a new Franky, without deleting everything she built before. That's wise and a real act of love.

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}

Last edited by marianuvs; 04-01-2012 at 07:05 AM
Old 04-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
After the finale, I think Skins this year has sent a good message through characters like Rich, Matty, and Mini.

Mini didn't choose to abort, there are so many abortions among young people so this example is nice. Well, I don't think Mini's always been wise in her pregnancy, she should've told Alo, her mother, and estimate every options together, but honestly I'd have found horrible if she or they decided to abort, cause Mini and Alo love each other and together they've got the money, an abortion would have been a hasty decision for fear of a baby.
I agree with this except the bit about Mini. While I can appreciate she had a choice (not all women do) whether to abort or not and chose not to, good for her... I guess. You musn't shun abortion though, it's amoral. It's a subject of choice, the choice of a woman and whichever of two decisions she makes regarding abortion both are equally justified and morally sound.

Abortion is not something women take lightly it's a very hard decision to make sometimes, even if it's not and is just an inconvenience it doesn't matter because it's a human bodily right and a choice recognised by both the UN and WHO and even Amnesty International.

There is also a misconception that it's young girls who are being immature about sex having all these abortions when statistics show the majority of women in the UK and Ireland who have abortions are in their twenties and thirties, women in the work force, graduates and those who wish to pursue further education past 24. Abortions after 20 weeks (when the foetus becomes viable I guess.) account for only 1.6% of abortions in the UK and are usually for medical reasons.

Long story short, the goal is to avoid pregnancy that's the message that needs to be sent, no one likes abortion but some pregnant women are always going to seek them even whetehr they have the resources to care for children or whether they don't.

An unwanted pregnancy is a denegration of a woman's rights and no one should ever be morally bullied into motherhood or abortion for that matter (Mini's mother pressuring her). I'm glad the baby made Mini happy but it's not always "nice" for every woman I would have supported and admired Mini either way. Choice is so important and I think TV shows like Skins need to be careful in how they portray these things.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InIrelandItRainsXx (View Post)
I agree with this except the bit about Mini. While I can appreciate she had a choice (not all women do) whether to abort or not and chose not to, good for her... I guess. You musn't shun abortion though, it's amoral. It's a subject of choice, the choice of a woman and whichever of two decisions she makes regarding abortion both are equally justified and morally sound.

Abortion is not something women take lightly it's a very hard decision to make sometimes, even if it's not and is just an inconvenience it doesn't matter because it's a human bodily right and a choice recognised by both the UN and WHO and even Amnesty International.

There is also a misconception that it's young girls who are being immature about sex having all these abortions when statistics show the majority of women in the UK and Ireland who have abortions are in their twenties and thirties, women in the work force, graduates and those who wish to pursue further education past 24. Abortions after 20 weeks (when the foetus becomes viable I guess.) account for only 1.6% of abortions in the UK and are usually for medical reasons.

Long story short, the goal is to avoid pregnancy that's the message that needs to be sent, no one likes abortion but some pregnant women are always going to seek them even whetehr they have the resources to care for children or whether they don't.

An unwanted pregnancy is a denegration of a woman's rights and no one should ever be morally bullied into motherhood or abortion for that matter (Mini's mother pressuring her). I'm glad the baby made Mini happy but it's not always "nice" for every woman I would have supported and admired Mini either way. Choice is so important and I think TV shows like Skins need to be careful in how they portray these things.
I don't know if I understood all, so what do you think she had to do with a baby? I think it was better if she payed attention and didn't get pregnant, but considering it's the plot and writers wanted to write a story about an unexpected pregnancy, her finale has been the best way possible

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't know if I understood all, so what do you think she had to do with a baby? I think it was better if she payed attention and didn't get pregnant, but considering it's the plot and writers wanted to write a story about an unexpected pregnancy, her finale has been the best way possible
I never said it wasn't a good finale for her, I like Mini a lot as I've stated in my previous post how I'm happy she chose to have a baby because she chose, the choice is what I was getting at.

I agree if she was more cautious she probably wouldn't have gotten pregnant thats what I meant when I said the message needs to be avoidance of pregnancy, not don't have an abortion ever

Unfortunately Skins could of handled it a bit better and have Alo make her feel less guilty about stuff. (She did try to tell him but he wouldn't listen, no doubt she was having doubts she needed to tell herself she was pregant, and Alo was pretty wrapped up in his own problems, not the most ideal person to rely on thats why she walked away. That's Mini already making intelligent decisions.)

Of course girls get pregnant it's life it happens but Freya said Mini having a baby would teach her to be less selfish or maybe they did just throw it in because they wanted to do the pregnancy storyline for the sake of it . The latter reasons above are bad reasons to impregnate a character I think.

But Mini really needed to find herself and spend some time loving herself (really loving herself, thats different from being selfish) babies don't fix deep rooted self esteem issues I was just hoping they'd secure, develop and resolve Mini's issues before making her a mother, but again as I said the baby seems to make her happy, cool I just wish they were a bit less credulous about it.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InIrelandItRainsXx (View Post)
I never said it wasn't a good finale for her, I like Mini a lot as I've stated in my previous post how I'm happy she chose to have a baby because she chose, the choice is what I was getting at.

I agree if she was more cautious she probably wouldn't have gotten pregnant thats what I meant when I said the message needs to be avoidance of pregnancy, not don't have an abortion ever

Unfortunately Skins could of handled it a bit better and have Alo make her feel less guilty about stuff. (She did try to tell him but he wouldn't listen, no doubt she was having doubts she needed to tell herself she was pregant, and Alo was pretty wrapped up in his own problems, not the most ideal person to rely on thats why she walked away. That's Mini already making intelligent decisions.)

Of course girls get pregnant it's life it happens but Freya said Mini having a baby would teach her to be less selfish or maybe they did just throw it in because they wanted to do the pregnancy storyline for the sake of it . The latter reasons above are bad reasons to impregnate a character I think.

But Mini really needed to find herself and spend some time loving herself (really loving herself, thats different from being selfish) babies don't fix deep rooted self esteem issues I was just hoping they'd secure, develop and resolve Mini's issues before making her a mother, but again as I said the baby seems to make her happy, cool I just wish they were a bit less credulous about it.

Pregnancy storylines aren't really my favourite I didn't want that for Mini

Anyway she should have told Alo, she tried but she didn't and she had much time to do it. Alo told her to love her as well, and he waited for her. She was scared ok, but all the girls in her situation are scared I guess. Are there boys (teenagers) ready to have a baby? Alo's first reaction has been quite horrible, but it's Alo, at the end he would have done what Mini wanted also before Much of this drama to me was useless.

All this time spent to hide this secret created a Mini/Franky episode and the passage to the hasty storyline Franky's complex. Mini and Franky had both their serious episodes. So the finale was all for Franky solving her family, and Matty had no episode

To much Mini and Franky in this season, as result Franky is the most hated character of this series and not many people like Mini's pregnancy storyline

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't hate Franky's character I feel bad for her.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Me neither but she's very hated also on twitter and I'm sorry for that

desebdesouza {tumblr}
sebdSfans {twitter}
Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Franky will never be loved again. She is like stuck in s1 Tony mode.
Franky/Matty, Sid/Cassie, Effy/Freddie, Sid/Tony, Freddie/Cook, Rich/Alo, Naomi/Emily, Franky/Grace
One of Franky's biggest stans.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Total Fan

I never hated her. even when I wasn't happy with her

Old 04-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

happiness ~ Skins writers never knew what to do with that feeling.

I have so many feelings about Mini's pregnancy and supposedly happy ending, but I'm too tired for a coherent rant so I'll leave it for tomorrow.
Very interesting points btw

Franky
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;
Old 04-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Franky
yup