Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

I lived for him at the beginning being like, "fooking kids" after that little drug deal. So funny to hear Cookie say that knowing what he was like.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakevegan (View Post)
wow the thread is really exploding with excitement

That's what I was thinking about yesterday... it must've been that good, EVERYONEs talking about SR.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Well if you consider the fact that most of the board members love to trash the show and how much Fire got us ranting/talking.. not many people posting might mean it wasn't that bad? and they have not much to rant about and that's why they're not posting?
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Passionate Fan

This was the most interesting episode of season 7. I actually can't wait for part 2!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Well if you consider the fact that most of the board members love to trash the show and how much Fire got us ranting/talking.. not many people posting might mean it wasn't that bad? and they have not much to rant about and that's why they're not posting?
Just because people trash the ineptitude of series 6, MTV Skins and now the ineptitude of Fire and Pure doesn't mean they love to trash the show. I know I don't. It is depressing. Just sad to see a show so stain it's reputation over the last few years. This episode wasn't horrible. But then I have to wonder if I am just lowering my standards in some hope that there is something redeemable in what has been another failure of a season.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Personally I am not a part of this board to trash the show. I used to love this show. I even forgave the show once for their horrible skins usa/Tea bs. Before Skins USA I never trashed the show, there was no need to. I don't even think I trashed the show back then, I think I had strong opinions about the false advertisement of Tea to the LGBT community but other than that I stayed away from making anymore comments.

Skins 7 was the second time "the family" disrespected the LGBT community, and on top of that they made a series of ****ty episodes. I am honestly not here to bash the show, I wanted to love the show. I waited over three years for Naomily to come back to our screens. I feel cheated, used, mistreated, among many other things. And it doesn't help that the writers of this show, show no respect to the fans of the show. The fans like me that have been (until skins fire) very respectful and supportive of their other projects. I know you have been too with dates and stuff. But to do what they did and just mock the fans is just beyond cruel and uncalled for. The fans are mad, do you blame them?

I think its sad that what used to be such a great show its now just a parody of what it used to be.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:38 PM
New Fan

I haven't managed to watch all of part 1 yet due to real life things getting in the way but I can say that for me it gets a 4/5 rating. And why? Because even though no names were mentioned the viewers finally got some closure and an actual shout out to S4. Plus it is obvious that Cook never got over the murder of his best friend and killing the murderer. That was all I wanted. Though he has had to grow up you still see the Cook of Old shining through. Which is what makes Fire look so stupid due to the idea that growing up = personality transplant.

Was I the only one who expected Cook to start seeing old friends when he took the unknown drug in the club? Part of me thought maybe he would see Effy... and then I secretly hoped he would see Freddie (who he obviously loved more).

Yes, I only just found the Frook shipping threads and have spent quite a few days going through them. Never realised until I saw some of the gifs (love the promo gif) that I would have prefered that story to watch.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr_00 (View Post)
I lived for him at the beginning being like, "fooking kids" after that little drug deal. So funny to hear Cookie say that knowing what he was like.
He acted like he just gave them some candies.

I liked this episode, they didn't throw away the fact that Cook killed someone like it never happened and you can see that he's changing (a little). He's in a believable place compared to how he used to live as a teenager.
It was entertaining ! Not like Pure or Fire and the drama was actually moving, the ~edgy things~ that happened in Fire didn't touch me at ALL not even the cancer storyline because it wasn't realistic whereas in Rise I surprised myself being hooked on the story.
It’s us against the world.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I also think that Jack probably worked hard behind the scenes to keep the glimpses of old Cook in there with some change/growth added on. There was an interesting behind the scenes of this ep posted where Jack said he and the director talked about maybe somewhere in the in-between time before this ep, Cook had a short battle with drug addiction... so he clearly laid the groundwork to fill in the backstory and cover the jump in time from when we last saw him until this point.
Also the job he was doing felt like something realistic that Cook might be doing after where we saw him (unlike Fire).

Love in the rave - he almost didn't take the pill and then, "**** it." And downed it. I took it as a Chris shout out from the writers
Very interested to see part 2. I have a feeling more of the old school Cook will come out. I think he may get emotional. I just hope he doesn't die.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakevegan (View Post)
wow the thread is really exploding with excitement
you speak the truth

for what it's worth i kind of see now why all these hot girls are dating Jack.

Whether we see each other next week, next month, never again, it doesn't matter. It's only time.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

He's looking good isn't he?

I know not all of us trash the show all the time, but we've been trashing it since S6, not like it's our fault, that series was crap and also what I've seen of S7. It's all good. No need to get all hyped and stuff.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2angel12 (View Post)

Skins 7 was the second time "the family" disrespected the LGBT community, and on top of that they made a series of ****ty episodes.
don't forget minky. they used AE for them too
Old 07-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Minky seems like a walk in the park after all we've seen
Old 07-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
MTE. Cook's episode is by far the best one of this series. That's sad. I was betting on you, Cass. Jack's performance was outstanding. I never particularly cared about Cook alone as a character, and I wanted to hug him the whole episode.

Plus, THAT'S HOW YOU FREAKING ACKNOWLEDGE THE PAST, JESS. Finally some mention to what happened after 4x08... it wasn't that hard after all, was it? I expected it with Effy. We needed it with Effy. Instead we got that crap. I don't know about P.2 but this episode was definitely a step in the right direction. Too little too late, sadly.
ps: The plot was still too over the top, true -but since this is Skins and on its seventh series I'm done being shocked - but Jack was so brilliant you barely noticed anything else.
Overall, it was a good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Musical (View Post)
I haven't managed to watch all of part 1 yet due to real life things getting in the way but I can say that for me it gets a 4/5 rating. And why? Because even though no names were mentioned the viewers finally got some closure and an actual shout out to S4. Plus it is obvious that Cook never got over the murder of his best friend and killing the murderer. That was all I wanted. Though he has had to grow up you still see the Cook of Old shining through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic Musical (View Post)
Which is what makes Fire look so stupid due to the idea that growing up = personality transplant.
Amen.
★ Mel • born backwardscredit;

Last edited by heimweh; 07-31-2013 at 03:20 PM
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Word to the post above.

Some vids - a couple of behind the scenes and a peek at a pt. 2 scene:
Skins: Rise | BTS: Returning to Skins | E4 - YouTube
Skins Rise: Behind The Scenes - YouTube (<-bit of a spoiler if you haven't watched pt.1 yet)
Skins: Rise (Pt. 2) | Big Shot | E4 - YouTube