Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Dude, Sam, I read your reviews on FF and "never again"....why do people anonymously do that? I wanted to PM them!

It is one sided..sure..we don't know WHY it happened. And if you justified it, we don't know if it was true. And it's not about justifying. It's about Chuck's REACTION. That's the point of the story. HIS REACTION. Not about WHY she did it. We cannot interpret WHY, we can only interpret HIS REACTION.

*deep breath*

*inhale*

*exhale*

*deep breath*

I just got so defensive, and I didn't even write it.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Dude, Sam, I read your reviews on FF and "never again"....why do people anonymously do that? I wanted to PM them!

It is one sided..sure..we don't know WHY it happened. And if you justified it, we don't know if it was true. And it's not about justifying. It's about Chuck's REACTION. That's the point of the story. HIS REACTION. Not about WHY she did it. We cannot interpret WHY, we can only interpret HIS REACTION.

*deep breath*

*inhale*

*exhale*

*deep breath*

I just got so defensive, and I didn't even write it.
I know! I get some many people like this. They made me laugh though, but yeah I'm a little defensive myself.

It's his reaction. Absolutely. I wanted to show something where Chuck wasn't this horrible person that everyone makes him out to be. I'm very pro Team Chuck, but Blair has done so much stuff to Chuck.

Thanks for sticking up for me, by the way.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

And B is my #1. I don't think I could ever change my top 5 (Blair, Chuck, Eric, Bart, Dorota). But that doesn't mean that I view her as a saint. She has faults. Lots of them. She's mean, manipulative..it's who she is.

But Chuck is NOT the bad guy. He hurts her, yes, but really, there is pretty much ALWAYS an explanation for it. We see them most of the time. Sadly, somethings that B does...doesn't really have a good reason.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you for reviewing, Anna!!!

I'm up to fourteen reviews. Yay!!!

For the most part they have been positive except for that one flamer. One person actually reviewed on LJ and Fanfiction.

I'm thinking of writing a new series. We shall see.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

HEHE!

I don't need a new series, but DaeDreemer and I are in the works for a Bart series. Plus, there are like two that I have started on paper, but I won't post anything until I have a lot of chapters. Not too mention the three WIP I have now. Well, more than three, but three BIG series.

I need too catch up on some of your series, though, Sam. (same with leona's..)
Old 08-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
One person actually reviewed on LJ and Fanfiction.
Hehe. that was me That's how much I loved it. There are so many talented writers in this fandom *coughunliketheactualonessometimescough*

*Ok, goes back to lurking*
Old 08-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

So true, Onyeka!

And, NO LURKING!

COME JOIN US!

I don't remember if I've seen you in this thread....

TALK WITH US! Keep us writing. People even do prompts! LOL
Old 08-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbluv (View Post)
Hehe. that was me That's how much I loved it. There are so many talented writers in this fandom *coughunliketheactualonessometimescough*

*Ok, goes back to lurking*
Yay!!! I knew that was you. I'm glad to hear that you obviously liked it so much. That's kind of made a bad day somewhat good. I'm totally adding you as a friend on LJ!

Jackie, I'm sure that you have somewhat of a busy life. So you can catch up on my series when you have the chance considering I'm not writing them anymore.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

LOL.

I think I might just reread them. Especially the BFF one. One of these days, you'll see a ton of reviews on FF from me. LOL
Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
LOL.

I think I might just reread them. Especially the BFF one. One of these days, you'll see a ton of reviews on FF from me. LOL
I'm sure that you'll reread them someday. I would love to wake up to reviews by you. You are the best reviewer ever!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeesam32935 (View Post)
Thank you for reviewing, Anna!!!
Aaw, you're welcome! You captured Chuck's anger so well. He reacted exactly the way he should have in a situation like that. I mean really, how do you move on from a thing like that?? In real life it's almost unforgivable. In fiction the writers should have to work hard for the audience to move past it. I think one of the reasons most people (?? it seems like that anyway) managed to sweep J/B under the rug together with the writers anyway is because they basically never showed us any of it. J/B is still very abstract and kind of surreal in most people's minds I bet. (The million dollar question being: why did they do the SL in the first place? Is the person writing 2.14 fired?) I even think that's the reason they didn't made Blair explain herself one bit in 2.25 (even though her character would have gained from it). The writers just wanted us to move on and forget it ever happened as fast as possible. The less details, the stronger the possibility of erasing it from people's minds.

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens in the second part. I know this isn't the point of the fic like at all () but I'm also very curious about Chuck's thoughts and feelings when it comes to Elle. That SL is also one big mystery for me...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sam - I just read your flame review and it made me laugh. First off, whenever someone leaves a comment like that anonymously, I take it as a sign of cowardice. If someone doesn't like something and wants to tell the author so fine, but at least have the guts to own up to what you are saying and give the writer a chance to respond! She's probably scared you'll make her sound like the fool she is. Second, this reviewer is so obviously one-sided Team Blair, it is pathetic. Blair is awesome, but a saint she is not and people who act otherwise drive me insane. The 'B' in Queen B does not stand for Blair people. It stands for bitch, cause Blair is petty and jealous and spiteful and cruel. Case in point:

Blair is deeply flawed, just like Chuck, but we love them anyway. But that love doesn't negate or excuse all of their behavior, and those individuals who refuse to accept reality where Blair is concerned (because I have yet to see someone so blindly loyal to Chuck that his every action is deemed justified) are seriously deluded.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalshadows (View Post)

Blair is deeply flawed, just like Chuck, but we love them anyway. But that love doesn't negate or excuse their behavior, and those individuals who refuse to accept reality where Blair is concerned (because I have yet to see someone so blindly loyal to Chuck that his every action is deemed justified) are seriously deluded.
So much word to this I almost don't know what to say. I want to frame it and put it somewhere.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

ITA. I love them despite and because of their flaws. If they were perfect people no one would be watching this show.

~Wendy
Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Btw, is livejournal down? I can't connect to the server.