Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletspuffyfan (View Post)
oh really? how were they planning chuck/blair pre-strike?

i have ALWAYS wondered about that, because i really think the first season, and esp pre-strike always had a darker, harder-edged vibe to it. and in regards to the c/b relationship as well. i know some won't like this, but i do think chuck was shown to be a lot more into blair than she was him at that point. she was sexually attracted to him for sure, but she was a lot colder and more malicious overall. i wasn't sure where they were going with it, because i don't think we saw much hint of real emotional feelings on her part towards him until they came back from the strike and the end of season 1.

i figured during the break they decided to go full on with chuck/blair where before they weren't sure
I agree with you, to an extent. I dont think Blair had no feelings for Chuck as she was clearly attracted to him and there were little hints here and there of her feeling something more for him- how happy she was texting with him in 1x10, her little sadness in 1x12 when she hears from Bart that Chuck left for christmas, they way she seems affected by him watching her and Nate in 1x13, her devstation at Chuck's rejection- but for the most part I dont believe Blair fell in love with Chuck after 1x07 or certainly not to the extent that maybe Chuck did with her. I think it was something she went through gradually, which makes sense because she DID love Nate and it would have taken her more time to get past her feelings for Nate before she could open herself up to Chuck.

And as much as I love 2x01- and I love love that episode alot- I always thought it was a little sudden that Blair and Chuck, though mainly Blair rushed straight into the ILU stage of their relationship when they hadn't even really dated
Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

I love 2x01 but I agree that it was too soon for ILYs to come up. I thought their scenes were beautiful that ep. (garden scene and white party) but I thought it was odd that she was telling him to tell her 3 words 8 letters. But then I also thought their reunion in 1x18 to be sudden too but I blame that on the writers strike. They realized how popular CB became in the first half of S1 so they changed gears.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

i agree that it seemed too soon for her to be demanding that he tell her he loves her

it made it seem as if they had fallen in love over the summer even though they had spent no time together! they hadn't dated yet- all they'd had was the affair behind nate's back

but that was obviously a function of them deciding that CB were going to become the core couple of the show now, instead of dan/serena. i think it's fair to say the CBN triangle was the B-plot in season 1 while dan and serena were clearly the A-plot.

but that all turned around when fan/critic response to CB's chemistry kind of exploded and they decided to change things
Old 12-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Absolute Fan

CB did have that one week together after Lily/Bart's wedding where she could have fallen for him. I'm not saying it happened in a week or anything, but usually I forget they had that time

Also, I feel like when you're rejected by someone, it can make you realize what you really felt for them...a kind of "you don't know what you got till it's gone" moment.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleyoo (View Post)
CB did have that one week together after Lily/Bart's wedding where she could have fallen for him. I'm not saying it happened in a week or anything, but usually I forget they had that time

Also, I feel like when you're rejected by someone, it can make you realize what you really felt for them...a kind of "you don't know what you got till it's gone" moment.
thats true.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 12-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Blair's last line on 1.18 was "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" him not showing made her realize how much she wanted to spend the summer with her. She saw him everywhere she went. Also, even though she was happy to go back to Nate there's no doubt that what she felt for Chuck was more than physical attraction. He also pretty much told her that he loved her during his best man speech so if he gathered the courage to tell her he loved her she'd forgive him because in the end "love makes everything simple".
Old 12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by issa (View Post)
Blair's last line on 1.18 was "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" him not showing made her realize how much she wanted to spend the summer with her. She saw him everywhere she went. Also, even though she was happy to go back to Nate there's no doubt that what she felt for Chuck was more than physical attraction. He also pretty much told her that he loved her during his best man speech so if he gathered the courage to tell her he loved her she'd forgive him because in the end "love makes everything simple".
I totally felt that his speech was basically a confession of his love for her no doubt I also think blair felt more than list and attraction I felt that way during 1.10
Old 12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleyoo (View Post)

While she was talking to Serena, she seemed completly smitten with him
And she probably realized she was in love with him over the summer.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

The 2.0s as they walk up... holding hands
BLAIR:
You gotta be fugging kidding me.

CHUCK 2.0
So... After dinner, when you guys
were yelling at each other in the
kitchen, we got to talking...

BLAIR 2.0
... and we just clicked! We wanted
to tell you in person because, if
it wasn't for you...

CHUCK 2.0
We never would've met...

BLAIR 2.0
(doe eyes to "Chuck 2.0")
Or be going to the ball together...

As the 2.0s swap an overly-adorable kiss

------------------------

BLAIR

Can I give you some advice?

CHUCK 2.0
Anything. If it wasn't for you --

BLAIR
I know! Sorry. What I mean to say
is that I know girls like Justine.
I am a girl like Justine...

(somewhere else Chuck and Blair 2.0)

CHUCK
He obviously really likes you.

BLAIR 2.0
You think. How can you tell?

CHUCK
Easy. When guys like us fall for
someone, we take it slow...

(back to Blair and Chuck 2.0)

Pretending to be prim and proper is
what we've been raised to do. But
when we find the right guy...

CHUCK 2.0
What --?

BLAIR
Every straight-laced princess wants
to be untied by her Prince
Charming. Trust me.

As this lands on Chuck 2.0

------------------------------------

SNOWFLAKE BALL - BALLROOM - NIGHT (N-2)

Blair takes a seat next to a devastated "Chuck 2.0"

BLAIR
If you want her back all you have
to do is tell her the truth.

CHUCK 2.0
That what? I was stupid enough to
listen to you?

BLAIR
Yes. And tell her what you
really wanted to do.
(off his look)
Get to know her. Go to the movies,
hold hands. And that even though
you're scared, you're willing to
risk everything just to do that.

CHUCK 2.0
Why should I listen to you?

BLAIR
Like I said. She's me.

WE WERE SO EXCITED!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Awww...this is becoming the land of spoilers that never came to be! All those extra bits at the Snowflake Ball would have been so sweet!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

that scene would have been incredible, I love that they kept the holding hands and going to the movies from 2.08 to 6.10 But it would have nice to have that one in 2.12!

"Every straight-laced princess wants
to be untied by her Prince
Charming."

OMG its so them!!! and exactly what he did!
But I will hold as long as you like
Just promise me we'll be all right
Jacob & Liz
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Passionate Fan

OMG this sounds amazing wow it's so crazy how there r things we didn't get that would have been great though ugh seriously I want all writers notes and every single thing of footage lol
Old 12-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by issa (View Post)
Definitely all this. Not to mention that he told Nate that he loved Blair in 1x18 (and Blair referenced that in 2x25, so someone at some point told her about it). IMO, she wasn't asking Chuck to say ILY because she didn't know how he felt, she asked Chuck to say the words because she needed to know he could deal with those feelings in an honest way. She needed him to make himself vulnerable before she could let herself be vulnerable again.

I also agree that her earlier fling with Chuck was about more than just physical attraction (although, that was clearly a big part of it). She always had a connection to Chuck even when it wasn't romantic love, and I think he made her feel really good about herself (by making her feel desirable). She just didn't trust him. She said as much in 1x10-- she couldn't trust him to "behave" and therefore she couldn't trust herself to fall for him. But, at cotillion, I never thought she looked all that interested in getting back with Nate until after Chuck's scheme was revealed. It was that moment where she killed any thoughts she had of letting herself fall for Chuck and went running back to the safe, picture-perfect choice.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Not the best place for this but interesting social activity stats for 2012.
It's funny that they list Chuck Bass a villian though. He was no more of a villian in 2012 than Damon Salvatore. ( at them getting Elena Gilbert's show wrong too. )

Cool to see how much buzz they generated! Oh they are sooo unpopular. Amazing what ten 11 year old Chuckistans can accomplish

Old 12-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow to that Snowflake ball stuff...that would have been pretty amazing!