Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Possible closing of the Big Brother board.

Hi, posters.

Beth and I have been thinking long about this, and we both think that it may be time to close the Big Brother board.

We were put on the Low post count last year and even though we managed to get through it, it was a struggle. We get a good amount of posting done during the Big Brother season, but, after the season is over, we lose a majority of the posters, and it's back to barely getting by.

Fan forum requires that we have 15 posts per day, and we don't get that much posting done when the season is over and instead of getting another warning, we decided that it's best to close the board, based on our own decision.

So, please let us know what you guys think about this decision, or if you have any advice for us, as to what would be a better option. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions.

Last edited by - Nina -; 10-04-2013 at 02:24 PM
Old 10-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting it, Nina! <3

This was not an easy decision, but each year after the season comes to an end we struggle to meet our monthly counts it got hard on us especially after the warning we got a little while ago last year-ish.

But again, we are taking suggestions and such & tell us what you think.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 10-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hey, guys!

I really don't want the board to close, and I do a lot of posting on FF anyway (majority on the Penn board), so I definitely would be able to help meet the 15 posts daily if there is someone else to post with me

It's up to you guys and I'll support whatever decision you think is best. I suppose we could ask to move our Live Feeds discussion to the Spoilers board and the general ep discussion to the Reality TV board during the on-season.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

I'm for anything that would make your jobs easier and if that means closing the board, I'm okay with that. I don't visit quite as often as I used to anymore.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

really sad to hear this, and i wish that i could make the commitment to post every day during the off season, but i know i won't live up to it, and while i love having this board during the seasons (because other places are cray), i will understand and respect your decision <3 as i know how hard it must have been to come to this decision
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 10-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

I respect whatever decision you make it was quite run while it was here. I will admit I mostly post here alot during the summer while the show is on air because I don't normally follow along with whats going on with the HGs when the show is over. But I will do my part to keep this board going. I do agree with LifeGivesUSigns suggestion though if the board does indeed close.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Sorry to hear the board might be closing. I love and watch BB, but like others have said, I don't really keep up with the HGs after the season is over, so I didn't feel the need to post on this board. But y'all are welcome to be apart of the BB thread on the Reality TV board! I hope to see you guys there! You can also talk about Hayden in the Survivor thread as he's a contestant on there this season!

I totally understand how hard it is to make the decision to close a board, as I just had to do it myself with The Lying Game board. Best of luck to everyone!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Aw I'm sad to see this. =( But if you guys think it's best. I know it's really stressful when there's a low post count warning. I think moving to the Reality TV board would be good, we stared out on the couples board remember? I know some of you were there, so long ago! I think another thing, I know I'll miss chatting with you all so whoever has a twitter should post it here so we can all keep in touch and get back together next season. =)
Old 10-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for understanding guys! <3 Even though we might say goodbye to the board, Jessica is right we can still head over to the Reality board and chat.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman
Old 10-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Would we be able to discuss Live Feeds Spoilers in the Reality TV BB thread as well or would that have to be on the Spoilers board? If anyone could let me know, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Aw this sucks, but yeah most of us post in the summer. Just hope theres a thread created on the reality board then!

♥Brooke&Lucas♥|♥Britney&Justin♥|♥Buffy&Angel♥|♥Ryan&Rachel♥|♥Ricky&Amy♥|♥Rory&Logan♥|
Old 10-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeGivesUSigns (View Post)
Would we be able to discuss Live Feeds Spoilers in the Reality TV BB thread as well or would that have to be on the Spoilers board? If anyone could let me know, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
That would probably have to be discussed on the Spoilers board. You would have to use spoiler tags in the general thread. I don't watch the live feeds, so I only discuss in the thread what was aired on TV.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 10-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, this is a bummer since I find that the fanforum BB threads are the only ones worth reading during the show, and I enjoyed posting about BBCAN this year, but whatever decision is made I will understand.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

This place has too many rules

I'm good with whatever you all want. Its been a good run
Old 10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by take the wheel (View Post)
That would probably have to be discussed on the Spoilers board. You would have to use spoiler tags in the general thread. I don't watch the live feeds, so I only discuss in the thread what was aired on TV.
thanks for the response

yeah, I'm good with whatever the mods decide even though I would really miss the BB board