Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-31-2008, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion: Season Finale 2x25 - The Goodbye Gossip Girl

Summer in the Hamptons!

Summer, Kind of Wonderful
Episode: 2x01
Airs: September, 1st 2008

In the second season premiere, our favorite Upper East Siders endure the Summer heat in the Hamptons. During the trip in the Hamptons, Blair meets a charming new boy hoping to make Chuck jealous, Nate gets involved in a steamy relationship and Serena questions her past relationship with Dan. Meanwhile on the other side of town, Dan gets a job at a local library. Though things don't go according to plan.

Gossip Girl - Girl Talk Gossip Girl - Boy Talk Gossip Girl - 55mph Club

Rules
♥ Please leave all Episode Discussion to this post and do not talk about the episode anywhere but here until it aired.
♥ Please don't use any icons or arts until the episode has aired.
♥ Opinions are different- please respect them, but also be respectful when you state yours. Bashing wont be allowed, discussions encouraged.
♥ Enjoy! =)

Old 08-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem! I'm so excited!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode one recap.

Quote:
Gossip Girl: Season 2 Premiere Recap
Monday, September 01, 2008
Yahoo! Buzz
Welcome back, Gossip Girl addicts! When we last left the scandal-loving teens of the Upper East Side, romantic drama had taken over the streets of New York City. Lily married Bart after having a one night fling with Rufus, Dan and Serena broke up thanks to the machinations of Miss Georgina Sparks, Nate and Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) broke off their whatever it was with little more than a shrug, and Chuck tried to decide between settling down with Blair or continuing life as a complete man-whore. Can you guess which option he chose?

In tonight's second season premiere, the gang falls into summertime trouble in the Hamptons. There's nothing like a warm beach and a little sunshine to shake off some heartbreak.

The episode kicks off by showing us all the sexy shenanigans the Upper East Siders have fallen into since summer began. Nate (Chace Crawford) is making out with a married woman named Catherine, Chuck is spending quality time on the beach with three bikini-clad babes, and Dan is moving on with TWO women we've never seen before. Of course, things aren't as perfect as they seem. Chuck gets easily distracted when he discovers that Blair is coming to town, and Nate and Serena have been acting out a sham relationship so she can mope over Dan and he can sneak around with Mrs. Robinson. What a tangled web we weave.

Dan (Penn Badgley) has spent the summer in New York working with a hotshot author, but he's having trouble cranking out a story he's supposed to write. Jenny is also experiencing problems in the workplace. The girl who once ruled the school was supposed to spend the summer interning under Eleanor Waldorf, but Eleanor has been flouncing around Paris and left Jenny to deal with an insufferable beeyotch of a boss. Jenny tries to make a good impression by making the woman a dress for the upcoming White Party, but unfortunately it's more of an eggshell color. As we all know, wearing eggshell to a White Party would cause a major scandal.

Chuck (Ed Westwick) makes himself look all prim and perfect in anticipation of Blair's arrival in the Hamptons. He even bought flowers! Of course, when Serena catches him primping she calls him out on his big plan, which he promptly denies. Chuck heads to the bus depot, flowers in hand, only to find B arriving with another beau on her arm. Aww, poor Chuck. As Gossip Girl says, "Ain't karma a bitch? We know Blair Waldorf is."

Aside from making Chuck jealous, Blair's first order of business is to catch up with Serena (Blake Lively) and make sure she didn't spend her entire summer watching The Closer and eating ice cream. Just as Blair starts counseling Serena on the proper way to use and discard a hot lifeguard, Chuck walks up and begins listening to the conversation. B intentionally starts gushing about new beau James, but Chuck knows she's totally not into the guy. "I didn't know robots got jealous," B retorts. "Did they update your software while I was away?" Hee. She then decides to bring James to dinner that evening so Chuck can meet him. That's bound to cause maximum drama.

Rufus (Matthew Settle) is on the road with Lincoln Hawk, but he still has time to call Jenny and counsel her on the White Party situation. He tells her to talk to Eric and see if he can get her into the shindig, which she promptly does. Of course, it requires her to apologize for all that gay drama that went on last season. Meanwhile, Dan's inability to write his story has gotten him fired from his assistant gig. Whoops!

While Serena meets up with her Camaro-driving lifeguard, Nate spends time making out with Mrs. Robinson. That's bound to cause some drama, but it's nothing compared to what's going on at Blair's dinner party. Chuck is none too impressed with James, and keeps insisting that Blair (Leighton Meester) is putting on a charade. C flees the scene when he sees B's favorite pin on James' sleeve, which is the perfect opportunity for Blair to run after him. She claims that she truly cares about James, which causes Chuck to walk off heartbroken. B then goes back to the table, takes the pin back and tells James that it must have gotten caught on his shirt by mistake. Devious!

Nate's romantic rendezvous comes to an unexpected end when Catherine's husband arrives home while they're going at it. Nate sneaks out, runs down the street in his boxers and runs into Serena and Camaro Boy. That just might put a crimp in their fake relationship.

"Damn that mother Chucker!" We have B to thank for that great line, which she spouts off while ranting to Serena about her lame faux-boyfriend. She also refers to C as "that Chuck Basstard," which is even more fantastic. Unfortunately for B, she runs into her arch-nemesis/lust object a moment later. Chuck claims that James goes to Princeton, while Blair insists that he goes to Georgetown. C plans to do some digging into the situation. Could James be more scandalous than he seems?

Dan can't finish his story because it reminds him of Serena, but that's not nearly as interesting as the James drama. The "untalented Mr. Ripley" doesn't go to Princeton or Georgetown, which means it's time for Chuck to get a PI on the case. Meanwhile, Nate is telling everyone that Serena will be his date to the White Party, even though she was under impression that his fling with the cougar was over.

Before B can break up with James, she gets a text letting her know that Chuck will be at the party. It looks like James will come in handy for at least a little while longer. Dan also arrives in town for the shindig, which means the scandal is about to hit the fan.

It's White Party time, and the only eggshell dress in sight is the one Little J is wearing. Her super bitch of a boss isn't happy to see her, and Cougar Catherine isn't happy to see Nate. His presence makes things a bit awkward, especially because her husband is hanging around.

Speaking of awkward, the blatant Vitamin Water product placement in this episode is a bit out of place. After Dan gets a pep talk from Serena's surprisingly welcoming grandmother, Jenny's bitchy boss confronts her and asks her how she got into the party. That's when Eric pops up with real-life socialite Tinsley Mortimer, who pretends to love Little J's eggshell dress. Ah, bitchy boss now looks stupid.

Thanks to Chuck's leering glances, James figures out that Blair is just using him to make someone else jealous. He's a smart one. B admits that she finds the poor guy extremely boring, but she still bites Chuck's head off when he approaches her afterwards. Speaking of jealousy, Serena decides to help Nate make Cougar Catherine seethe by making out with him in the middle of the party. Of course, it happens just as Dan walks in, making him PDA (Pretty Damn Angry).

Dan doesn't have the moral high ground this time around. He tries to be angry with Serena, but he's soon confronted by his two girlfriends, who have discovered that he's been seeing both of them. After a couple of colorful drinks are poured on his white outfit, Dan runs off with Serena to take care of the stains. They share a nice moment that ends with a quick kiss and a promise to meet up at the beach later.

Blair apologizes to James for using and abusing him, but she's shocked when he admits that he's not who he says he is. James is actually a British Lord named Marcus who's been lying so he could find a girl who wants more than his title. Blair is immediately in love with him, and even takes to calling him "my Lord."

As the episode wraps up, Jenny's (Taylor Momsen) bossy beeyotch is nice to her for the first time ever, and Blair and Chuck are still totally in love. B tells him that she'll run off with him if he'll just say "I love you," but that's something he's incapable of. The Lord it is then. Dan and Serena meet on the beach for a romantic evening, and their reunion has finally allowed Lonely Boy to start his story. Too bad he got fired already.

That's it for the Gossip Girl season 2 premiere. I'm happy to say that there's no sophomore slump in sight!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. Thanks Sofia!

The episode was pretty good, better than I expected since the majority of reviews was bad. Anyway, I think I could be the only one that didn't like the whole C/B dynamic. I mean yes, the scene they had at the end before Blair left with Lord Marcus was amazing and it did tug on the heart strings. But the whole episode was just them trying to get at each other. I just hope this isn't their whole arc this season...trying to get each other to commit, which they don't, and then they try to get/play each other. It gets tiring after a while....plus, I, along with the rest of you know that these two will end up together soon. I just hope they do it fast enough before it gets redundant. Speaking of, Lord Marcus and Blair...not good for me. Nothing beats Chuck/Blair. Everything is second rated when Blair or Chuck have relationships that isn't with each other.

In terms of N/S, very hot kissing scene...And their friendship was just beyond awesome. I really don't know whether I like them as they are or if I would like to see them as more than friends. With D/S, they were sweet in the two scenes, but like someone mentioned, they did get back together without really discussing the issues of their break up. But I did like that they still cared and loved each other. And Cece is such a D/S shipper. Loves it. Oh, and I kinda wished we saw how Serena's date with the lifeguard went.

With J/E, they were tres cute. I didn't like that Jenny just called on Erik, just so she can go to the White Party, but at least she got to show up that Assistant Bitch and earn her respect. And finally, the Besties. Well, they were awesome! Like always. If I ship a couple wholeheartedly with no problems, it could be S/B.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames23 (View Post)
Anyway, I think I could be the only one that didn't like the whole C/B dynamic. I mean yes, the scene they had at the end before Blair left with Lord Marcus was amazing and it did tug on the heart strings. But the whole episode was just them trying to get at each other. I just hope this isn't their whole arc this season...trying to get each other to commit, which they don't, and then they try to get/play each other.
I see where you're coming from..but I didnt feel like that at all. I'm just overly happy that they finally got so much screentime, so much better used than..well, yeah. They didnt disappoint me at all. I loved their bickering and competing, because through it all, you could just feel/see how much these two need/love/want each other.
The ending scene was awesome. I really had tears in my eyes. Ed/Leighton really rock that department.

Quote:
Speaking of, Lord Marcus and Blair...not good for me. Nothing beats Chuck/Blair. Everything is second rated when Blair or Chuck have relationships that isn't with each other.
Completely agreed! There's just no option for Blair or Chuck. They are perfect for each other, end of story. But I do like the Lord. He seems..okay. ^^

Quote:
In terms of N/S, very hot kissing scene...And their friendship was just beyond awesome. I really don't know whether I like them as they are or if I would like to see them as more than friends.
I'm so perfectly fine with them as friends for now..they were just plain awesome. I loved loved loved every single scene they shared. I'm so glad she called on him, and he actually really listened. Thats what good friends do.
Their kissing scene..amazing. I loved the laughs of both of them and then Serena's lip touching. I mean, how cute?

Quote:
With D/S, they were sweet in the two scenes, but like someone mentioned, they did get back together without really discussing the issues of their break up. But I did like that they still cared and loved each other.
Exactly. I dont think I'll ever be able to ship them. Cant they just talk, for once? About the things that are important to make it work? No, apparently ignoring/taking things in as usual (serena) and just kiss is what they do. Great, but I wont go in too deep here.

Quote:
With J/E, they were tres cute. I didn't like that Jenny just called on Erik, just so she can go to the White Party, but at least she got to show up that Assistant Bitch and earn her respect.
I didnt like that either. I mean, WTF? I at least expected her to apologize face to face, I actually thought she'd already done that. But then she just called him and already wanted something from him. I felt kind of sorry for him. Although I'm sure Jenny really was sorry about the whole thing and regretted it. Still. ^^

Overall, I loved the episode. It was just so much better, I dont know why. I hope it stays that way!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the episode too

I think the Nate/Catherine/Serena stuff was definitely the highlight though. We finally see the SN friendship in full force which was a long time coming. And the kiss was awesome! As much as I want NS as a couple, I don't want to lose seeing them re-build their friendship.

I'm curious to see how the stuff with Catherine pans out, Nate's digging himself into a hole lol.

And I think one of the main reasons N/S owned it is because Serena was able to share her opinion on the situation giving him a bit of a talking to but ultimately letting him decide. And then also being there to support his decision.

And then I think without knowing it, Nate kind of lifted Serena's spirits by giving her something to be involved in. Serena as a character is at her prime whenever she lets her hair down a bit.

That kind of brings me to D/S. I hope there is more to them over the coming weeks cause I don't buy what they're trying to sell. Their issues were never discussed. I'm obviously not a DS shipper, but I can appreciate their storyline as long as they actually give us something that makes sense. And I think they were just thrown together for the sake of it this week.

Blair and Chuck's dynamic was entertaining! The one liners were gold.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And I think one of the main reasons N/S owned it is because Serena was able to share her opinion on the situation giving him a bit of a talking to but ultimately letting him decide. And then also being there to support his decision.
Perfectly said. That's why I like them even as a D/S shipper. I appreciate that.

Quote:
I'm just overly happy that they finally got so much screentime, so much better used than..well, yeah. They didnt disappoint me at all. I loved their bickering and competing, because through it all, you could just feel/see how much these two need/love/want each other.
But there's only so much bickering a viewer such as myself can take. They better get their act together soon or this arc will be long and repetitive.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Back in NYC!

The Dark Night
Episode: 2x03
Airs: September 15, 2008

Serena (Blake Lively) and Dan (Penn Badgley) are forced to deal with their unspoken problems while trapped in an elevator during a citywide blackout. In a humorous twist, Blair (Leighton Meester) questions the lack of passion in her relationship with Marcus (guest star Patrick Heusinger), while at the same time Chuck (Ed Westwick) appears to have lost his "passion" for any woman other than Blair. Meanwhile, Nate (Chace Crawford) struggles between his feelings for Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) and his more-complicated-by-the-day relationship with Catherine (guest star Madchen Amick). Jenny (Taylor Momsen) risks losing her internship when Eleanor (Margaret Colin) catches Jenny critiquing one of the Eleanor Waldorf designs. Matthew Settle also stars. Janice Cooke directed the episode written by John Stephens.

Rules
♥ Please leave all Episode Discussion to this post and do not talk about the episode anywhere but here until it aired.
♥ Please don't use any icons or arts until the episode has aired.
♥ Opinions are different- please respect them, but also be respectful when you state yours. Bashing wont be allowed, discussions encouraged.
♥ Enjoy! =)

Old 09-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

I thought this week's episode was one of the best of the entire series.

IMO, Catherine made the episode. In fact, her presence since the season premiere has really lifted the stakes. Especially for Nate who I thought was an under used character last season.

And despite the fact DS have quite a few fans, I think it'll be good to see Blake branch out. I think she was trapped as an actress and Serena as a character by staying in a relationship for the majority of the show thus far. The promo is already very promising for Serena.

Serena shone the most around the Georgina era so it'll be good to see what happens now.

And Blair's games are always fun. And I really loved Catherine's conversation with her about how lonely her life would be.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not paticularly fond of the wishy-washy storylines with DS, I guess they need to add drama. however I do think this will be good for Blake! I think she's going to get the opportunity to do alot more of the show.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And despite the fact DS have quite a few fans, I think it'll be good to see Blake branch out. I think she was trapped as an actress and Serena as a character by staying in a relationship for the majority of the show thus far. The promo is already very promising for Serena.
I totally agree. It will help her become a better actress. Plus, it'll be good for the fans to see another side of Serena.

I already saw the new episode and it will not let you down, Sam.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I already saw the new episode and it will not let you down, Sam.
Awesome
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Let me know what you think afterwards.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

You weren't wrong! The episode was awesome (although I'm about to cut a bitch if we dont get an N/S scene soon, lol).

Blake killed the new attitude! Awesomeee. But Dan is now completely done and dusted for me as a character. He speaks to her with such incredible disrespect that at points I had flames coming out of my head.

I've obviously never been a DS fan, but If I was a fan I'd be concerned that such a "loving" relationship turned bitter so quickly.

Chuck. LMAO. Evil to new heights.

My favourite part of the episode though was Blair helping Nate. These two have the most confusing relationship, lol. But it was awesome to see that ultimately Blair's got his back. And Vanessa needs to never second guess Blair. Although Vaenssa does get some points for at least thinking she was doing the right thing.

The final minutes of the episode were kick ass with Blair realizing that old Serena is just about back in full force. And the promo for next week looks insane.