Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Guys, do you believe if I tell you that there was nothing different from the version I watched before? Nothing. And it's the extended one. Probably I watched a version that was already the dvd version and I didn't know. Anyway, it was a pleasure to watch it in the original language. Blake's narration is BY FAR a lot better from the Italian version I watched, it was very human, and smooth. And I got the chance to see exactly what they say without any kind of variation.

My sweet Lotus, my Sweet Ben totally has another connotation
Old 03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nothing is different?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not from the version I saw before. I seriously don't know how that's possible, but it is. And there was no extra, so guys, we need to wait for someone else, anyway.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

so pretty
x
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sucks that there were no new scenes or even extras

Aww So beautiful gifs
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

It does suck

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 03-09-2013, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But as I said, to me it was a pleasure to hear their voices, their tones at saying a line. It was different, and it was better. Mostly, Blake, because as I said, I wasn't completely satisfied with the woman who dubbed her in my language. I thought Blake made O real just with a voice, too. And then, yes, it was a pleasure to hear Aaron Johnson's voice Considering he's even British, I think he made an excellent job with his American accent.

I think the American Dvd version definitely has extra, or at least the bluray version.

Oh I truly loved that Ben called Chon "Chon-boy". It's cute!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aaron did do an excellent job with American accent.

I'll have to check my dvd and see what features are on there for you

So sexy
Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh thank you

But I think that the new version of DVD/bluray has more extra.

I truly love the choice of Ben and Chon, because Aaron and Taylor are different as well. And they fit their characters very much.

Fangirling moment
Old 03-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, sorry to hear that there's nothing new on the DVDs for you. Especially not even extras. That blows. Here's to hoping something will pop up in the end, though.

Also thanks for the Japan news. I too didnt know it had only been released in a few countries yet. Seems like a good movie for Japan, though, dont they like those types?

And I agree about Aaron and Taylor. They were great choices, perfectly showcasing the differences in Ben and Chon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles87 (View Post)
But as I said, to me it was a pleasure to hear their voices, their tones at saying a line. It was different, and it was better. Mostly, Blake, because as I said, I wasn't completely satisfied with the woman who dubbed her in my language. I thought Blake made O real just with a voice, too. And then, yes, it was a pleasure to hear Aaron Johnson's voice Considering he's even British, I think he made an excellent job with his American accent.
Ha, same here. I didnt mind the voiceovers as much as the rest of you guys, but I too was a little annoyed by the dubbing. But that's always the case. I'm just so used to hearing her original voice, that it's bound to be weird. That's a very good reason to buy the DVDs, actually.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommerregen (View Post)
And I agree about Aaron and Taylor. They were great choices, perfectly showcasing the differences in Ben and Chon.

Ha, same here. I didnt mind the voiceovers as much as the rest of you guys, but I too was a little annoyed by the dubbing. But that's always the case. I'm just so used to hearing her original voice, that it's bound to be weird. That's a very good reason to buy the DVDs, actually.
To be honest, rewatching the movie in the original language, I could stand the voiceovers better. Very likely 'cause of Blake's voice. And tones. My biggest problem with the voiceovers was during the sex and the love scene. It was too much. The scenes were very physical and you clearly get the difference in how visually represented they have been. And the voiceovers like Chon is earth, Ben is spirit and so on... oh Gosh And then you have them to look at and it's just so beautiful how they do it that there's no need to explain. Or even when Chon and O have sex, I don't know if it was truly necessary to explain he was in Iraq and at war, right there But as I said, hearing them with Blake's voice was better to me.

I mostly buy movies on DVD to be able to watch it in the original language. The extras are extras, but it's just so beautiful to be able to hear the actors' voice and see how different a line can be. For example, I truly loved how O says "I really missed this with YOU" to Ben. In my language, she tells him "I really missed this, too". Yeah, the general meaning is there but the implications are quite different, IMO.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely. I always try and get the original versions of movies I love. There is clearly a difference in some parts.

What you pointed out there with Ben and O sounds much better in the original version. Far more meaningful, imo.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The original versions are always better.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommerregen (View Post)
What you pointed out there with Ben and O sounds much better in the original version. Far more meaningful, imo.
Yeah

I mean, yes I got that meaning with my version as well. I mean, she means that she missed that kind of emotion and love but saying "I really miss this with you" is much more stronger because she really makes the big difference. Ben is not Chon, they're not the same as people and as lovers. And that's what I mean that when Ben comes home everything changes. You've got the heart when he's home.

Cute moment

Last edited by Freckles87; 03-12-2013 at 06:07 AM
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He really seemed to be the heart of these three.

I loved that moment. They had far too few of these less careful, happy ones.