Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Strange Fruit" 9x09 Episode Discussion {Airs 11/20 @ 9pm}

Preview:

Synopsis:

“Strange Fruit” – When skeletons are found in the backyard of a Virginia home, the BAU centers its investigation on the family living there, unearthing family secrets rooted in the past racial divisions in the South,
Esai Morales returns as the BAU’s Section Chief Mateo Cruz. Guest stars include L. Scott Caldwell (“Lost”), Emmy Award winner Glynn Turman (“In Treatment,” “House of Lies”) and Seth Gilliam (“The Wire”) as Tina, Charles and Lyle Johnson, respectively, the family who owns the house the BAU is investigating.

Wed night @9pm on CBS and CTV Canada
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread. Looks to be an interesting episode.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the thread!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I haven't watched it yet . Unfortunately my nephew wanted to play Nick Jr on the computer last night at 8:58 and his parents were sleeping so I got stuck playing with him.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Haven't had the time to watch it either. Will watch it today or tommorrow
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very differebt episode where everything took place at the Bau This was a rossi heavy episode . he had the majority of the interrogation of black man and the family ,who backyard had 5 bodies . A lot of theme was about racism and past regrets .

real good AJ and Cruise scenes doing interrogations together on the son of the couple .

one of the better interesting scenes was hotch in full stride running after the young male who once Arron id himself to the father , ran if not for a rotwiler stopping the guy from going over the fence he may have gotten away hotch was stride for stride didnt seem out breath .

roosi took the interagation of the fahter to a new level , as he normaly does gets the ,an comfortable buy talking abut the Negro Baseball leagues in the 50's and some of the great black baseball players .

Once it got personal ,Rossi told a story of what he did as a teenager to another black teen in his school, the man turned to rage .

one point the father after his rage was over morgan walks in the older man gave morgan the "oh the FBI called in the token black agent to deal with me " morgan didnt take that too well .

We had a real good Hotchner interrogation scene with the young man he had chased , and depsite the guy using stereotype like negro speech on hotch, he never changed his interagation or acknowledged the guy trying to bring him down . Meaning the guy started talking like a "blacks " where portrayed in films and TV in 50-60's ..

JJ and Cruise to start the ep where having a little chat at the BAU Garcia came in to the chat looking curious . JJ saying to him we have to tell them what is going on , the chatter is they think we are having a affair . cruise said not yet . He teased a "misson they are on "

so there is the first hint at JJ and whatever type of undercover work she is doing with Cruise.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not to best case IMO, but I enjoyed the team interactions.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The back story of the fathers mutilation based on a true story from early 60's ..
Old 11-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Supreme Fan

I enjoyed the episode. There have been better cases in the past, but it was still an interesting one. Curious where the JJ story line is going with Cruz. Loved the team interactions in the last episode. Good to have a Rossi heavy episode.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This tory /ep yes was way difffernt # 1 thet stayed in BAU ,it was a roosi heavy episode. it had a huge racial theme . as far as black men , The Father was so good in hisscnes . He was cool calm wasnt untill Rossi told aobut being a teenager and doing horrible things to a teenage black boy . Only then did the fahter :"boil over"

We have in the past morgan . JJ use childhood horrible memories to either tlak the unsub down or try to get the unsub to relate to them . JJ was her sisters suicide Morgsn was being molested as boy.

This season, as promised we will get more of the teams backstory as children or young adults .

here is part of the final scenes with Rossi and Father do not watch this if you havent seen the Episode

Old 12-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

So I finally got around to start catching up with the episodes I missed.

I thought the case was interesting. I liked the way the episode was done without the murders being shown. Sometimes it's nice not to see the gruesome acts.

While the case had a big racial theme behind it, the murders were not racially motivated at all. Yes some white, racist guys committed the act of castrating him, but I think it could have been race doing that to Charles and he still would have committed the crimes. They were crimes of passion or hatred as Charles mentioned.

I know 200th episode is going to reveal what was going on with JJ and Cruz and since I'm a little behind, I have no idea if the next two episodes mention anything about it, but it's nice to see little hints starting to be dropped.

Rossi was great in this episode. He acknowledges that what he did when he was younger is wrong, but he has learned from it.

Great to know what helped the team members become who they are today.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So this episode is part of this seasons theme of learning more of our teams background / past .
Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Which I think it's great. The more we know about a character, the more we can be invested in them because we know what made them the way they are.
Reply   Post New Thread