Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I saw that and I think I feel even worse for Damon now. So basically as soon as Beyond Borders was over they were talking about dumping Damon and replacing him with Daniel. CM was renewed a month before BB was canceled. So they let Damon think he was coming back for 2 months, and for 1 month of that time they were discussing getting rid of him. Man, this business sucks sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d18 (View Post)
Not sure that will work, shows usually take a ratings dive after a long break. Maybe they're thinking putting in another show Jan-Mar so the other show can stretch well into May sweeps.

Side note: If they think Code Black did decent then CM not going below 1 should do the trick (with the average league dropping).
I agree. The show has been losing viewers for a few years now. And now that it's switching to 10 PM, it's probably going to lose some more. A long break isn't going to help them. They had so many breaks and weeks off last season. The fans usually don't like it. But if they take a few months off I wouldn't be surprised if some fans just gave up and stopped watching
Old 08-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Our first cast promo picture
Old 08-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Was just about to share this.

I see they're back up to their photoshopping skills! All old promo photos.

I hope they do new individual and a group photo this season. AJ and Joe's photos are so outdated. They're from season 10! And since Daniel joined the show they should just do another cast lineup shot for the opening credits.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Paget in the middle ,Love!!

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 08-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Old 08-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He needs to let it go .. it is the TV Business casting changes happen
Old 08-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I guess it didn't really bother me. Yeah, the business can suck and this stuff happens, but what he said wasn't too bad to me. Sure, he very well could have shared it because he's upset, but he could have just been sharing it for the sake of sharing it so people know what happened. He seemed to be let go on short notice and wasn't given much warning. Maybe he himself didn't fully know why he was let go until this article? But hey, maybe he is just bitter. But I don't completely blame him. Plus, it's probably still kind of fresh. Hopefully his new show does well.

Besides, Paget has in the past and I just recently brought up her situation from 2010. In the recent case when she brought it up, she mentioned Rachel by referring to her as "that actress that replaced me and AJ". Again, it sucks, but I'm sure it hurts them when they get treated like crap by their employers. So I partly get moving on and letting go, but I also get being upset about it.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even with Erica interview , still wasn't 100% sure why the change … it may be the fans showed network& her Daniel is popular . He also has a history with CBS from Hawaii 5-0 .

Tough in this era where actors of color or other races , being replaced on a show that had always had a black male co star since day one .
Yeah the paget stuff was messed up … I have seen interviews with Rachel, I was a fan before CM…She said it wasn't a surprise yet she took a lot of fan backlash . She went onto to star in 3 seasons of a very successful at Canadian sci-fi show , that ended up being shown in US and EUROPE !
Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 PM
d18
New Fan

Karen Maser‏ @KarenMaser

Then you will be happy to watch Ep 1311 to be written by the fabulous @ecmess & @Vangsness.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Even with Erica interview , still wasn't 100% sure why the change … it may be the fans showed network& her Daniel is popular . He also has a history with CBS from Hawaii 5-0 .

Tough in this era where actors of color or other races , being replaced on a show that had always had a black male co star since day one .
Yeah the paget stuff was messed up … I have seen interviews with Rachel, I was a fan before CM…She said it wasn't a surprise yet she took a lot of fan backlash . She went onto to star in 3 seasons of a very successful at Canadian sci-fi show , that ended up being shown in US and EUROPE !
Yeah, the interview wasn't really that clear as to why they wanted to switch from Damon to Daniel, just that they "felt it was the right decision".

Not that Erica wanted Damon to get fired or anything, but I could see her wanting Daniel instead of Damon. She created Beyond Borders and was very invested in it. She was focusing more on that it seems and Breen Frazier was helping with CM.

On another forum, someone said that Matt on BB reminded them of Derek from CM. Many people feel that Morgan and JJ are Erica's favorites. So maybe Matt was her favorite from BB?

CBS has been so messed up and crappy when it comes to Criminal Minds and the cast. I think I saw somewhere recently that the only seasons where there weren't major cast changes were seasons 1, 4, 5 and 9. Season 2 had Elle leave and Prentiss join. Season 3 had Gideon leave and Rossi join. JJ and Prentiss left in season 6 and Seaver joined. Seaver left before season 7 and Prentiss and JJ came back. Prentiss left again at the end of season 7. Blake joined in season 8. Blake left at the end of season 9. Kate joined in season 10 but left at the end of that season. Tara joined in season 11 and Derek left in season 11. Hotch left in season 12 and Luke and Walker joined. Now Walker is getting killed off in season 13 and Simmons is joining. That's just so many cast changes in 13 years. And if you want to get technical, the only 2 non disturbed seasons were 5 and 9. Season 1 had a change of cast between episodes 1 and 2 because JJ joined and JJ was on maternity leave for a while in season 4. So seasons 5 and 9 were the main ones where the regular cast was there for the entire season without replacements or anyone leaving.

Ha, they could make a spinoff with all the actors who are no longer on the show!
1. Gideon
2. Hotch
3. Morgan
4. Blake
5. Seaver
6. Kate
7. Walker
8. Elle

And yeah, the hate that Rachel received wasn't fair. It's not like she was the one who fired AJ and Paget. I wasn't a fan of the character, but that doesn't mean the actress deserved all the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d18 (View Post)
Karen Maser‏ @KarenMaser

Then you will be happy to watch Ep 1311 to be written by the fabulous @ecmess & @Vangsness.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing
Old 08-14-2017, 11:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds: How Daniel Henney will join

Quote:
“Garcia [Kirsten Vangsness] has just learned that her team is in trouble. And the first person she calls is Agent Simmons,” Messer tells EW. “He drives them to the site of the last known signal from the team. They discover this horrific car accident. Once they see who is injured, they discover that someone is missing.”

Messer says that Simmons and Garcia work together for the majority of the episode to find the missing BAU member. Could it be Emily Prentiss, David Rossi, and Jennifer Jareau or Tara Lewis, Luke Alvez, and Stephen Walker?

But even if someone — gulp — dies from the accident, Messer tells EW that there are no plans to expand the team beyond Henney this season. Speaking of whom, here’s another first look of the actor as Agent Matt Simmons in his new digs. Is he hot on the trail of Mr. Scratch, who may or may not have caused that horrific accident?
Hmm, I wonder who will go missing *coughWALKERcough*
Old 08-15-2017, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We will have to wait till September for our first preview .. few fake fan ones on YT
Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yeah, I've noticed a few of the fan made ones.

When do the promos usually come out? We might get one in a few weeks?
Old 08-22-2017, 10:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Closed Thread   Post New Thread