Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Criminal Minds 12.08 -“Scarecrow” –

The BAU team heads to Yakima, Wash., after the remains of a dozen people are found along a creek bed, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Dec. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Also, they welcome new team member Stephen Walker (Damon Gupton), a seasoned profiler from the Behavioral Analysis Program of the FBI.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

dont forget the Peoples Choice Awards

http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/28/2

ajcook
Hey guys! It's that time of year again when we get nominated for a #peopleschoiceawards and don't win!!!!! So vote! Or don't. It's cool. #criminalminds #vote #season12
1,756 likes
8m

Last edited by Logan; 11-29-2016 at 03:15 PM
Old 11-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I laughed at AJ's post!

So, Damon gets a promo photo but AJ, Joe and Paget don't? Boo!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure the absanse of Thomas /Shemar , unless there absence affects the ratings in a negitive way . The show will be renewed based on the cost of production vrs how much they make on ads and distribution fees
Ratings are down for many TV shows . NFL games . Plus Thomas and Shemar where the two highest paid actors on the show .
Old 11-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Oh i didnt know they are nominated. Will throw in some votes

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 12-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
I laughed at AJ's post!

So, Damon gets a promo photo but AJ, Joe and Paget don't? Boo!
Second that!
Old 12-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One ep left this year !
Well to be fair it is his debut ep !
Old 12-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yeah, I saw that. 8 episodes in the first half seems like a really small number. If they aired an episode December 14, they could have at least gotten 9 episodes in the first half, but Harry said that with Christmas shows and lower ratings in December that they aren't doing that.

Here are some upcoming episode titles and dates that Harry has given on Twitter:

12x08 "Scarecrow"
Writer: Karen Maser
Director: Christoph Schrewe
Air date: December 7, 2016
*Damon Gupton joins the show in this episode

12x09 "Profiling 202"
Writer: Virgil Williams
Director: Rob Bailey
Air date: January 4, 2017

12x10 "Seek and Destroy"
Writer: Erik Stiller
Director: Diana Valentine
Air date: January 11, 2017

12x11 "Surface Tension"
Writer: Bruce Zimmerman
Director: Oz Scott
Air date: February 1, 2017
*Jane Lynch guest stars

12x12 "A Good Husband"
Writer: Jim Clemente
Director: Laura Belsey
Air date: February 8, 2017

12x13 "Spencer"
Writers: Kirsten Vangsness and Erica Messer
Director: Glenn Kershaw
Air date: February 15, 2017

12x14 "Collision Course"
Writer: Stephanie SenGupta
Director: Alec Smight

12x15 "Alpha Male"
Writer: Karen Maser
Director: Rob Bailey

I'm not sure about the air dates for episodes 10. 11, and 12 but the People's Choice Awards airs January 18. So if episode 9 airs January 4, I would assume they wouldn't come back and then immediately be off for 2 weeks.

I also remember Harry tweeting that episode 13 (Spencer) airs February 15. So between January 18 and February 15, that leaves 3 Wednesdays and 2 episodes, which means they'll take one of those Wednesdays off. Unless of course the schedule changed and episode 13 isn't airing on February 15.

Last edited by jls2971; 12-06-2016 at 04:11 PM
Old 12-06-2016, 12:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

So I'll have to go through almost a month before getting a new episode ? So sad.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

So I was looking at the winter/spring schedule for CBS and some show has a two hour premiere on January 25, so that would mean episode 11 would air February 1 with episode 12 airing February 8 and the Spencer episode airing February 15.

So CM will come back January 4, be on for two weeks (January 4 and 11) then be off for two weeks (January 18 and 25 no new episodes) and then come back February 1.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Ha, good news for me then because I still didn't watch ep 6, 7 and 8 and probably wont ep 9(?).
Old 12-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is the ratings slump over has the boycott of CM ended

Quote:
‘Criminal Minds’ Boycott Coming To An End? CBS Show Enjoying An All-Time High Rating?

With the recent impressive ratings of "Criminal Minds" season 12, the boycott of the fans is believed to come to an end. Credit:Entertainment Tonight/YouTube

Victories and failures have their designated timeline. Whether we like them or not, we have to embrace the happenings in our lives and learned from them.

When Thomas Gibson was fired from the popular police procedural drama “Criminal Minds,” the strong followers of the series, particularly of Gibson’s were badly affected. In fact, they staged a loud protest via social media with the #NoHotchNoWatch. The show hit a bottom-rock rating then and rumors keep swirling about the alleged cancellation of CBS’ controversial program.

The fans greatly believed that Gibson’s termination is foul and that he deserves a comeback. One of the witnesses of the on-set altercation between the veteran actor and the kicked writer clarified that the famous kick was unintentional.
“It wasn’t like [Gibson] punched him. Williams is a boxer and a martial artist, he’s no angel. He can be very aggressive. [Williams] got very aggressive, so Thomas walked away and then he felt like the guy was coming after him. He turned around and kicked just on instinct, like a reflex.”
Despite defending himself from further offense and harm, ABC and CBS pushed his suspension.
"I feel like it took years to make a good reputation and a minute to damage it. We had some choice words, for which I apologized the next day, and that was it. It was over. We shot the scene, I went home - and I never got to go back," Thomas revealed his feelings about the fateful incident.

His credibility is supported by a big chunk of “Criminal Minds” audience. So when the drop in viewership surfaced, the press and the viewers were not surprised at all. But as time passes by, it looks like the show is redeeming its popularity. Recent news cited that the “Criminal Minds” season 12 boycott may be coming to a close an end, as the ratings for the show are stable in an increase.
A report revealed that the ratings for the current season of the action show a rise by four percent from the previous week. Interestingly, the figures played well and were 10 percent higher than Empire Season 3 this week, making it the highest rating for the season since “Criminal Minds” season 12 episode 3 aired.
The same source recognized the series as “the most watched regularly scheduled program in its time period, beating "Empire" for the first time ever in viewers, and finishing in its closest competitive position in both adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. Furthermore, it “averaged 7.73 million viewers, up +4% from last week and out delivering "Empire" (7.00m) by +10%.”
The numbers have it all. Kudos to the entire management cast and crew for a job well done. Hopefully, they will be able to retain their incredible performance and in the right time, they will be able to have Gibson reprise his crucial role. With that, all is well. Everyone is happy especially the supporters of Hotchner/Gibson.
They are way off , look back at ratings before Empire was a show, every week 12 -14 million, and before that season 3-4-5-6 we had ratings around 15-16 million a week
Old 12-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I see Harry tweeted that article.

I'm pretty sure that's not a credible source. Just a few days ago Harry was telling people about fake news sites posting about CM being renewed for season 13 and Thomas returning, and now it looks like he's linking to fake/unreliable news sources.

I just did some googling, and last month, this same site had an article about Thomas possibly returning.

As for the ratings, that article and Harry have been posting some misleading stuff. Harry posted ratings from Wednesday saying that they beat Empire. They beat Empire in viewers and Household, but Empire beat CM in the 18-49 demo. Actually, CM went down in the demo from last week and tied its series low demo wise. The 18-49 number is supposed to be more important than total viewers and HH.

Also, a couple weeks ago, Harry said on Twitter that they went up in the ratings in total viewers when they actually went down.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He answered me ..

Old 12-11-2016, 03:57 AM
Addicted Fan

well, he's right in that tweet, there is no universum where CM can go 10m+ in total viewers anymore.

Great post jls, I wasn't following much CM news lately but I'm sure Harry does that... if it fits to his narrative, its cool, if not - you know the drill.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread