Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Hello guys,

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. I would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let me know what you think. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

I've stepped down from my moderator position and no one has applied to fill the spot. My interest in the show has changed, especially after Thomas left, and I can't really commit to posting as much I used to. Given how our numbers have been getting lower, I assumed that a thread @ the TV board would be enough for us to discuss CM at this point but I really want to hear from you guys.

Thank you

- Ana
Old 02-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hello Ana,

I'm new here but I'm really sad that you're thinking about closing this board.
I understand your reasons but I'm hoping we can all find a way to keep it going.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I honestly don't know about the show's fan presence on other sites, but we have a Twitter account for the TBBT board that has almost 4000 followers. We mostly tweet news articles from it, but whenever we do our periodic linking to threads or talking about the board in general, the board gets a surge of hits, and we've gotten a few posters out of Twitter.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's something the new mod/one of the posters would have to keep up, but it's definitely a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prentiss'#1fan (View Post)
Hello Ana,

I understand your reasons but I'm hoping we can all find a way to keep it going.
It's not up to me, dear, first and foremost someone must step up to be a mod, otherwise the board will close regardless. I think we do have enough posters to keep it going but without a mod, it's not possible.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ana first off let me thank you for stepping up to take the moderator spot last summer.

I stepped away at the time since the board was not as busy as it once was , plus I felt it was becoming a chore .
I have been a big part of this board with many fine co moderators, well over 6 years .

As much as it pains me to say , it seems like the end is near

Ana is 1000% right , with only 3-4 regulars hard to maintain a healthy board .

There is always a thread on the TV board , that was never closed for criminal minds
Old 02-02-2017, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And thank you for keeping the board going for so long, Matt, you were the reason we've come so far
Old 02-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Thank you to the mods who have kept this board running!

As much as I would hate to see the board closed, if it does, we can always talk on the TV board.

Like Ana said, my interest in the show isn't quite what it used to be. It takes me longer to catch up on episodes (I still have episodes 9-11 to watch) than it did before. The writing this season hasn't been too impressive for me. The quality has gone down some in recent years, but I'm really noticing it this season.

I of course still love the show and still keep up and do plan on watching all the episodes.

Let's see what happens and if anyone applies. Again, I'm sure it's a lot of work to be a mod so thanks to all of you who have done it in the past. I could post about this on the other board I'm on, but I don't know if that will do much for the mod post.

Should we need to move discussions to the TV forum, I think we'll do fine there. I think we could get through threads easily there.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainแƒฆ (View Post)
And thank you for keeping the board going for so long, Matt, you were the reason we've come so far
It was a pleasure i enjoyed running this board . Who knows what comes next
Old 02-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prentiss'#1fan (View Post)
Hello Ana,

Modding a board is a big responsibility. I should know, i mod three boards. I think the twitter thing could be a good idea to get more posters

Im pretty new to the 'fandom' so I hesitated applying for the mod job. Also, i feel others will be a better fit for the job than me.

I certainly hope somebody can apply. I will make sure to be as active as possible.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | ๐Ÿ’š ๐“ณ๐’ถ๐’ฟ๐‘’
Old 02-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I think you would make a great mod, and you should definitely consider applying for the position.

Thanks for the info. I'm sad to hear that it may possibly close. It's been a pleasure being the MST over the past couple of months.

Big lights will inspire you
Old 02-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Forever frozen , I follow and tweet as many CM actors producers fan pages on Tumblr .
I have always , with help from the Communication team All the milestones , post to those fans who made Tumblr blogs about the cast members .
When I ran the 24 board we tried a 24fanforum twitter account .

We all see it , there where months last season we where at a steady 700-1000 on avg . We had a few months over 1100. Now we get 550.

I along with others enjoy this show . We can always continue on the TV board thread . Who knows , Game of Thrones had the board clothed, then used a campaign got voted to reopen! That is a show that avg 14-18 million viewers worldwide weekly .
I saw a board, grey's Anatomy . One of the top boards on get a low post count . At one time that board was doing 3-5000 posts per month .

So times change , yes I really wish there was a way to keep the board and get a new mod.
Going to be a interesting intense final 11ep..
Old 02-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't want it to close either but I honestly can't commit much time to the board nowadays so it would be up to everyone else. If anyone's thinking of applying for the mod spot please PM me and let me know so I can tell Jerry, because even if we decide here to give the board another shot, if no one qualified applies to be a mod, the board will close just the same.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Final 11 eps? This is the last season?

I may be willing to consider the mod job if i didnt have to do it alone. I have other boards to moderate so

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | ๐Ÿ’š ๐“ณ๐’ถ๐’ฟ๐‘’
Old 02-04-2017, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are 11 more episodes this season , if you where to take the mod spot , know Myself and at least 3 others will keep board active . If after this season ends , then discuss shutting down the board . I will make sure each new ep has a thread
Old 02-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

IMDB announced yesterday that it's shutting down all its message boards at the end of this month.

I was thinking of posting about this forum on there so that if people wanted somewhere else to talk they could. I hesitate because there are quite a few trolls other there, and I would hate for them to come over here. I suppose I could send some PM's to some of the users there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread