Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Adam Rodriguez Dishes on Joining Criminal Minds, Roxy, and Funny Moments with Kirsten Vangsness

Quote:
When Shemar Moore exited his role as Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds, it left an opening in the Behavioral Analysis Unit. Who better than CSI: Miami alum and Magic Mike star Adam Rodriguez to fill the gap?

Rodriguez, who plays Luke Alvez, was a temporary team member initially before deciding to make the BAU his permanent assignment. His addition wasn’t without some resistance, especially on the part of Penelope Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness), who had vowed not to like whoever replaced Derek. Their clash led to some funny moments in the otherwise serious series.

“I love comedy,” Rodriguez told Parade.com at the CBS Television Studios TCA Breakfast. “I really do, actually. At some point in my life, I want to do a comedic television show. Any chance I get to work in some comedy, I love to make an attempt at it. Hopefully, people find it funny. But Garcia is such an amazing character so she makes it easy because she’s just so great.”

Criminal Minds returns tonight with a new episode after several weeks off. And the case begins when a bizarre hieroglyph found under a deceased homeless man’s armpit is the same from previous casualties a few years ago, so the BAU is called in to investigate.

Before tuning in, read more of Rodriquez’s interview in which he talks about joining the series which is now in its 12th season, what it was like when Paget Brewster took over as team leader, his four-footed partner Roxy, and more.

What was it like to come into a show that had been on the air for so many years?
Having done a show that aired for a decade [CSI: Miami], you know the camaraderie, the relationships that get formed, so being a new guy is a bit of a challenge, like: How am I going to fit in with this group that’s already so close knit? I’ve got to tell you, I’ve been here six months now, but probably from day two or three, I felt like I’d been there from the beginning. It’s such a great group of people from the top down.

Erica Messer is amazing. She’s just a wonderful showrunner, a creative talent and a wonderful person. From her all the way on down the line, everybody’s really the same way. Everybody’s happy to be there and we love what we do every day. It’s been wonderful. Joe Mantegna’s a prince. The whole cast just couldn’t be better. I really love these people, I’m really happy.

So when you came in, the team had one boss [Thomas Gibson as Aaron Hotchner]. Then Emily Prentiss [Brewster] took over. What’s that transition been like?
You know, it was seamless. The fact that Paget had been there before and was a character on the show that was so beloved, the audience was excited to have her back. It totally made sense for her to transition and take that leadership role. It was time for a change and the way that the circumstances rolled out, I don’t think you could ask for things to have gone any better than they did in terms of making that change.

You get to work very closely with my new favorite character on the show, Roxy, Alves’ dog. Will she be coming back?
Yes, Roxy will be back for sure.

I love that scene in the beginning where you fed her the raw-food diet.
Better than I feed myself. I was in there chefing it up for Roxy, and then, I think, I had a protein shake. Yeah, I’m hoping for a spinoff with Roxy actually.

Criminal Minds goes to some dark places.
Super dark.

Is that hard for you? Do you take it home or are you able to just leave it all behind. When you wash off your makeup, is that it?
You know, I am. I’m able to leave it at work, but I’ve got to say, it really does go to places that you wonder how do they push the envelope on network television with some of the stuff we get away with doing. It is so dark. It’s like the worst of the worst people you can imagine. I’ll go home and I’ll watch the episodes. When you see it all put together, it’s even worse than it was when you read the script. You’re like, “Oh, my God.” It’s a horror movie every week and a thriller. I really think it’s absolutely one of the best shows on network television, and I think that’s the reason why this show has managed to keep going as strong as it has after 12 seasons.
I like Adam, and maybe it's just me, but I feel like when you've only been on a show for a few months, you don't quite have the right to say "it was time for a change".

But hey, Roxy will be back!
jls2971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Lea Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybug57 (View Post)
The FBI vest jumping picture is pretty entertaining.

I don't like the idea of Adam replacing Shemar... I want to like his character but as a completely separate entity.

Also IMO Adam is just not as attractive as Shemar.
Like you said IMO.. Because I dont find Shemar even remotely attractive
Old 02-02-2017, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Jessica Chastain

^ I agree, I think Shemar is very conventionally handsome - I know he's objectively attractive but not to me, he does nothing. Adam on the other hand, he's got... something. I don't know what it is since I don't even like buff guys, but he's definitely super sexy.

say this once. So is Karen."
@ icon.
Liability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Lea Michele

^ Same. Adam is something
Old 03-06-2017, 08:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Old 03-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

He does look very happy and I love his smile
Old 03-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Communications Team
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Gal Gadot

I still haven't become a fan of him, yet...but he is pretty to look at.

"Don't be afraid, love is the way.
You can call me monster."
E X O | S e h u n
Away until 12/14/17

Icon | Vote K-Pop
|Tweet Tweet | - Hannah |
Sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Jessica Chastain

Eye candy is always good

say this once. So is Karen."
@ icon.
Liability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I think Luke had potential at the beginning of the season, but in my opinion, he's just Morgan 2.0 right now. I don't hate Luke though, I just wish we could learn more about him and maybe take away some of the "Morgan traits", such as less banter with Garcia.

I do like Adam (even if he has made a few questionable remarks about TG's exit)
Old 03-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the actor and I am happy he is on the show
Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Lea Michele

We re finally getting some Luke/Prentiss in the upcoming episodes . I really like their dynamic
Old 03-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

That will be really cool
Old 03-22-2017, 07:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Old 03-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful pic he has an amazing smile
Old 03-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Can I be added please? So happy to see Adam on my TV again, loved him on CSI: Miami.
TV_Fanatic90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread