Jessica Chastain

Cuties.
Liability is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Elite Fan

Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Addicted Fan

JJ and Will flashback in the 2nd episode! Big news!

The biggest flaw of 200 was for me that JJ didn't tell Will that she was pregnant... I mean why? There were time, and I think wives usually tell their husbands that they are pregnant... and there was a gap... like JJ getting the news pregnancy in March of that year and immediately called back to assist the BAU with Emily/Doyle, then Emily fake dies (13 March I think) and then we get a flashback JJ and Emily in plane and then another flashback where JJ gets back in Afganistan in April... so theres like almost a month and she doesn't tell Will... Man it would be great if they adress that somehow in the flashback... or at least JJ telling him about that...
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Jessica Chastain

Was that her first pregnancy? As far as I know, first pregnancies can easily result in a miscarriage, and the first tremester is the most delicate period, which is why plenty of moms don't even announce they're pregnant until well into their pregnancy. I don't know, maybe JJ had a lot in her mind back then. I honestly wouldn't put much thought into that because honestly, that bit of storyline came across as something they only added to make the ordeal more ~dramatic, and people feel even more sympathetic towards JJ. Which is cheap if you ask me, I'll feel very bad for women in those situations regardless of them having a fetus in their womb or not. A baby changes nothing in the grand scheme of things for me, even though I understand the main audience doesn't think so.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
Was that her first pregnancy? As far as I know, first pregnancies can easily result in a miscarriage, and the first tremester is the most delicate period, which is why plenty of moms don't even announce they're pregnant until well into their pregnancy. I don't know, maybe JJ had a lot in her mind back then. I honestly wouldn't put much thought into that because honestly, that bit of storyline came across as something they only added to make the ordeal more ~dramatic, and people feel even more sympathetic towards JJ. Which is cheap if you ask me, I'll feel very bad for women in those situations regardless of them having a fetus in their womb or not. A baby changes nothing in the grand scheme of things for me, even though I understand the main audience doesn't think so.
Second pregnancy.
Yeah I heard about that, but wouldn't you tell your husband at least...

bold part, sooooo true true true true.
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yeah, when JJ had her miscarriage it was during her second pregnancy.

And I agree, it did seem like they added it just to make the whole story more dramatic. Really? With everything that happened in "200", did they think it wasn't dramatic enough?

And that's another thing that bothered me about episode 200 (and I think is why a lot of fans dislike JJ or at least disliked her for a while). To me, it seemed like they were really pushing the idea of how much JJ had changed and how tough she was and she went through all this hard stuff and still conquered. But I personally don't think they needed to use 200 to show how strong JJ was and how much she had changed. I thought they did a good enough job with that in season 7. She had taken classes and training when she came back after season 6 to become a profiler and Morgan was giving her fighting lessons as well that helped her out in the field. I don' think they needed to add this huge and dramatic backstory (which backtracked on what they had already told us) to make JJ a strong agent. I get they wanted development and growth, but they could have done that (and had basically done that in season 7) without 200.
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Jessica Chastain

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)
Second pregnancy.
Yeah I heard about that, but wouldn't you tell your husband at least...
You bet I would! First week late I'd be like 'ok, I haven't taken a test or anything yet but I might be pregnant, so worry with me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
And that's another thing that bothered me about episode 200 (and I think is why a lot of fans dislike JJ or at least disliked her for a while). To me, it seemed like they were really pushing the idea of how much JJ had changed and how tough she was and she went through all this hard stuff and still conquered. But I personally don't think they needed to use 200 to show how strong JJ was and how much she had changed. I thought they did a good enough job with that in season 7. She had taken classes and training when she came back after season 6 to become a profiler and Morgan was giving her fighting lessons as well that helped her out in the field. I don' think they needed to add this huge and dramatic backstory (which backtracked on what they had already told us) to make JJ a strong agent. I get they wanted development and growth, but they could have done that (and had basically done that in season 7) without 200.
YES!

That whole ordeal reminds me how writers (usually male) love to include rape storylines (while poorly dealing with the aftermath of such trauma) to show a female character overcoming everything and becoming tough. It's lazy and offensive.

Granted what CM didn't take it that far but I absolutely agree it wasn't necessary. It's as if people could only believe JJ was tough (and respect her) if she went through a trauma. It looks like they thought hey, every other team member went through some heavy sht, it's time for JJ to go through it too since she became profiler. I wonder what's in story for Rossi now.
Reply   Post New Thread