Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Goodbye, Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds first premiered on September 22, 2005.

Last year, the show was renewed for a fifteenth and final season.

After 15 seasons and 324 episodes, our beloved show is coming to an end.

The series finale will air on February 19, 2020 with two episodes airing back to back.

The first time I watched Criminal Minds was back in 2010. I was home from college on break and my step dad had turned on a rerun of Criminal Minds. The episode was Amplification from season 4. I was instantly hooked. I liked that this show took the concept of a police procedural and made it into something unique and their own. I started to catch up on episodes and get familiar with the show and characters. I started watching the episodes live in 2011 when season 7 started airing.

I'm so glad that I found this show. The writing, the concept, the cast were all just a perfect blend. When Criminal Minds first premiered in 2005, I was 13 years old. I am now 28. The show has been on the air for more than half my life! That's just crazy to think about it, but it's even crazier to think that there will soon be no more Criminal Minds and that it's actually ending.

For the past several years, I've always looked forward to watching this show. My TV schedule will be a lot emptier now without CM. I'm really going to miss this show and these characters. I'll miss the episode discussions on this board. I'll miss seeing all the cast photos together and behind the scenes photos. I'm so glad that we still have reruns on TV!

As we get ready for the end, I want to thank all the posters here who have contributed to the wonderful discussions on this board. I've really enjoyed having a place to discuss a show I love so much with other people who also enjoy it.

A huge shout out to the cast and crew of Criminal Minds for bringing this wonderful show to us for the past 15 years!

As Criminal Minds ends, we can use this thread to reminisce. Feel free to discuss your favorite memories, characters, episodes, etc.

Last edited by jls2971; 02-20-2020 at 06:46 AM
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

15 seasons so many great ep so many tears ,laughter shock , jump out of your chair moments! In any long running series hard to point out every favorite ep .
We all love some characters more than others . We all have at least one cast member we ship the hardest

Goodbye for now but we always think of the great memories the show gave us
Old 02-20-2020, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I honestly dont know when I started watching, but I’m glad I did. I will miss looking forward for new episodes but i take comfort that there will always be 15 seasons worth of episodes i can always watch anytime.

Thank You, Criminal Minds for a wonderful ride.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:44 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

15 seasons! That's a good long run.

I watched the first couple of seasons. The disturbing storylines got to be a bit much for me, so I had to stop watching.

Great job on the OP.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

omg. I can’t stop crying. I’m gonna miss this show.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow! Great OP!!!
I can't believe this show is coming to an end It's such a great show and the cast is all amazing
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The first episode I ever saw was "What Fresh Hell". I was hooked from that moment.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

"What Fresh Hell" was a really good episode!

I think the show had a good and strong first season. I thought "Extreme Aggressor" (the series premiere) was well done and a good way to start the show.

My favorite team will always be the team of Hotch, Rossi, Morgan, Reid, JJ, Garcia, and Prentiss. I think part of it could be because that was the team that was on the show when I first started watching, but they just had such great chemistry and just worked so well together. And they are the longest lasting of the different teams, with this current team being the second longest.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First off thank you for doing this thread

When watching the finale , flashback to perhaps one of the most intense heartbreaking moments on criminal minds,Hotch Reaper montage .Ranks as one of the most emotional heartbreaking arc of that season / Series . If Emily had really died that scene in the hospital with JJ and Reid would have had a ton more emotion . In fact that was one of the worst changes in storyline …

All the harm kidnapping done to every team member . Although alvez ,Tara and Matt , never went thru the torture JJ .Reid ,Hotch Morgan Garcia almost killed twice . Rossi had his share of major battles … Strauss was killed off . Kate wasn’t on the show long enough and since she was pregnant , the prison scene was mild . JJ kicking ass over the past 7 seasons … Emily in and out but always smart and tough …
I always wonder if the last 3 seasons theme would have changed much if Hotch was there . How the story of mr scratch would have ended .. W

In the end I can say Reid ,JJ and Morgan my top 3 favorites .Then Emily ,Garcia Hotch . Rossi I enjoyed but I never fully identified with his character.
Last 3 newest Full time characters all had excellent backgrounds and arcs , each one brought a different but vital part of each ep …

My best favorite unsubs :Foyet mr scratch , Frank breitkoph ,Cat Adams , Tobias ,Ian Doyle

Last edited by Logan; 02-21-2020 at 02:58 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was a really strong first season in general, but I think your first episode and team will always be special to you.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-22-2020, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
First off thank you for doing this thread

When watching the finale , flashback to perhaps one of the most intense heartbreaking moments on criminal minds,Hotch Reaper montage .Ranks as one of the most emotional heartbreaking arc of that season / Series . If Emily had really died that scene in the hospital with JJ and Reid would have had a ton more emotion . In fact that was one of the worst changes in storyline …

All the harm kidnapping done to every team member . Although alvez ,Tara and Matt , never went thru the torture JJ .Reid ,Hotch Morgan Garcia almost killed twice . Rossi had his share of major battles … Strauss was killed off . Kate wasn’t on the show long enough and since she was pregnant , the prison scene was mild . JJ kicking ass over the past 7 seasons … Emily in and out but always smart and tough …
I always wonder if the last 3 seasons theme would have changed much if Hotch was there . How the story of mr scratch would have ended .. W

In the end I can say Reid ,JJ and Morgan my top 3 favorites .Then Emily ,Garcia Hotch . Rossi I enjoyed but I never fully identified with his character.
Last 3 newest Full time characters all had excellent backgrounds and arcs , each one brought a different but vital part of each ep …

My best favorite unsubs :Foyet mr scratch , Frank breitkoph ,Cat Adams , Tobias ,Ian Doyle

I liked seeing the flashbacks from 100. That was really a high point of the show and arguably one of the best and most important arcs on the show.

Alvez and Simmons did get ambushed and kidnapped this season, and Tara was a little injured in the process. So they gave them a little bit but definitely not as much as our long time members.

I do wonder what it would have been like if Hotch had still been there. I know they had to adjust some things with Scratch in season 12 when he left, but I feel like they probably would have gone done a similar path. In my opinion, Scratch had been overdone by season 12 so I feel like it probably would have still been a weak end even with Hotch still there.

I really would have loved to have seen Hotch react to Reid being in prison. I always liked the bond between Hotch and Reid and it would have been interesting to see Hotch deal with trying to get Reid out of prison.

Luke, Simmons, and Tara were all great additions to the team. I also liked Blake. I thought Walker had potential.

Last edited by jls2971; 02-27-2020 at 06:51 PM
Old 02-22-2020, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yeah, I think whatever group is around when you first start watching tends to stick more and be a bit more special. The CM cast has always had great chemistry with pretty much every team/cast, so that's good. The whole cast seems like a bunch of really great people.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They do. We've been really lucky with them all.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 02-23-2020, 06:01 PM
MST Manager

Aww, those pictures in the opening post.

This was my favorite TV show (after 24). I miss it terribly.