Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

Episode Discussion, 6x12 - Corazon (Airs January 19th)

When the BAU travels to Miami to investigate a series of ritualistic murders, Reid experiences hallucinations and blinding headaches that cause him to worry about his health.

Criminal Minds 6x12 Corazon promo

Discuss!!
dice8us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

Thanks, K

I need this episode to be mind-blowing!

BOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

There's a sneak peek up. I honestly don't think the episode's going to be good, but hopefully I'm really wrong.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen it properly yet, how was it?
dice8us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I really enjoyed the episode. It was pretty gruesome, but was kinda suspenseful. Loved the small MG banter and the focus on Reid. I felt so bad for him. I hope he gets some help soon!

Can't wait for next week's ep with Adrianne Palicki!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like the episode at all. It actually felt like the episode was dragging. And I really don't get Seaver's presence. Why is she there? She looked like she wanted to cry in every scene and she added/adds absolutely nothing.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

Well, I watched, I hated

I can't believe that by minute 20, I was already bored. The only thing that helped with the episode was Reid. Have we had enough Reid-centric episodes? Yes, but right now, I don't care because it seems to be the only interesting thing.

Quote:
And I really don't get Seaver's presence. Why is she there?
I totally agree. First of all, she is tooo young to be in the unit - sorry but it is true - she looks around my age and she is lacking years of experience to be able to play with the big guys.

I hope the next episode is better, because I need to like some episodes!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

I don't hate Reid, but his centric epsiodes always tend to bore me a bit.

Yes! She looks like a baby and I'm going to guess she's probably 22 -24. Why is she in the field? Why is she giving the profile? (She did give it, if I recall correctly.) I don't care if they all discuss it, but she has no position to give it. She's just supposed to be learning.

The storyline was so bad. And I understand that CM does deal with serial killers and are more gritty than other procedurals, so I've heard, but I personally feel like each episode has been getting more and more disgusting with murdering and dead bodies.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think that the storyline was bad. It wans't my favorite for sure but it did found the religion thing really interesting. I guess the theme was quite specific and not everybody could learn to like it.

I don't get the Seaver hate. I'm ideferent to her and I admit that they didn't show us anything interesting about her character so far but I'm guessing people wouldn't be half as angry with her if it wasn't for JJ. I understand it, I really do. Especially considering that I love JJ with all my heart, but it's neither the writers nor the charater's fault that JJ is gone. Seaver wasn't even supposed to be a regular when her first episode came out. And since she didn't give us a real reason to dislike her, can't we at least give her a chance?
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't get the Seaver hate. I'm ideferent to her and I admit that they didn't show us anything interesting about her character so far but I'm guessing people wouldn't be half as angry with her if it wasn't for JJ. I understand it, I really do. Especially considering that I love JJ with all my heart, but it's neither the writers nor the charater's fault that JJ is gone. Seaver wasn't even supposed to be a regular when her first episode came out. And since she didn't give us a real reason to dislike her, can't we at least give her a chance?
Even if it's not the writer's fault she's here and JJ's not, I blame the writers for writing her so poorly. On her first episode, I hated the way they introduced her; all amazing in her class. Then the way she behaved for the rest of the forty minutes with going off when she knew she wasn't supposed to bothered me so much. In my opinion, there is just no need for her to be there. What would they do with six profilers? Five profilers are already enough and given that some of them already don't get a lot to do, her being there when she's not even trained is more mind boggling.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Even if it's not the writer's fault she's here and JJ's not, I blame the writers for writing her so poorly. On her first episode, I hated the way they introduced her; all amazing in her class. Then the way she behaved for the rest of the forty minutes with going off when she knew she wasn't supposed to bothered me so much. In my opinion, there is just no need for her to be there. What would they do with six profilers? Five profilers are already enough and given that some of them already don't get a lot to do, her being there when she's not even trained is more mind boggling.
Perhaps if the writers knew that she was going to stay for longer, when they written that episode she wouldn't be half as annoying? Because she wasn't introduced to stay, it's what they decided later. Or that's what I heard, if I'm wrong please correct me. That's the reason why we got her entire story in the first episode and why we get so little of her now. I get why people dislike her character but what I find funny, is that she barely has two lines in an episode and half of the comments I encounered on the internet after Corazon aired (and I'm talking here about sites other than FF) is about how much people hate her. And before corazon aired, plenty of people on Tumblr commented about being depressed after seeing Seaver's face in the promo, because it remainded them she'll be in the episode. Maybe I simply don't get it (that's probably the case) but I don't really see her as that horrible. She's just there, hanging in the background. I'm still hoping they'll do something interesting with her character since she is supposed to stay on the show, especially since Criminal Minds was the only show that made me like ALL of the main characters.

I hope my post didn't offend anyone or make it sound like I thought that those negative opinions about Seaver are invalid. Only now did I realise that it could have come off that way. I'm just voicing my own opinion on that matter

Quote:
Five profilers are already enough and given that some of them already don't get a lot to do, her being there when she's not even trained is more mind boggling.
I have to agree with this point
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:42 AM
New Fan

I liked the episode. I was fascinated by what may be wrong with Reid.

As for Seaver, I blame the writers for her poor storyline and cross my fingers and pray to God for something better. It seems to me, and this is just my take on it, they only care about her as a love interest for Reid. If that is the case then why not have Seaver be a worker in the same building as the BAU who Reid sees now and then around the office, and they chat. Would make A LOT more sense.

Seaver simply does not make sense as a member of the BAU and the only way she would make sense (a trainee with no special skills who is confused 100 percent of the time) is if I removed my brain before thinking about why she is there.

Now that has nothing to do with JJ or with the actress playing Seaver. Its the writing. But I still will give Seaver every chance in the world to become interesting and I am rooting for that girl cause if she is written to be more interesting then the show will be better and I love the show and want its success.
LoveforPenandDerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

I always got the impression that she was originally brought on to be JJ's replacement. But after the fan uproar, they probably said the three episode deal before announcing later on that she was going to be a regular, hoping we would have calmed down and most haven't. They were probably just trying to soften the blow for us and AJ, in my honest opinion. And I'm having trouble quoting on my phone, so her just being in the background when she is only getting two lines is a problem for me anyway. Why couldn't they just forget about having her as a regular? What would be the difference between two lines and her just not being there? Does that make sense? There is simply no reason for her presence because she's like decoration. I think someone commented when she first got signed onto as a regular was to bring in new audiences. Why? Because she's pretty and young? Please.

If a new character is introduced and I don't like them from the start, the chances of me turning over is less than likely. I might change my mind if she does something great or says something amazing, but the chances don't seem high. And what annoys me most about Seaver and how she is brought onto the show is how easy and okay Hotch is with her. She messed up the first time we saw her. She's not properly trained and has no experience. Did she even graduated? The fact that he allows her to just be part of the team is absolutely un-Hotch like and stupid because he's all work and to bring in a rookie is really shocking. The first time Emily tried to get onto the team he told her profiling isn't for everyone and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Having Seaver on the team is going the total opposite of what he said. And I don't care if Emily is volunteering to be her teacher or whatever. That means nothing to me and I feel like Prentiss is training her own replacement when Paget is off the show.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally a Reid centric. I missed those. And exploring a possible mental illness will be interesting. Maybe they will bring Jane Lynch back for one episode?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:48 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

I hope they bring Jane Lynch if she isn't too busy

Reply   Post New Thread