Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Episode Discussion 4x13 - Bloodline { Airs January 21st }

"Bloodline"

A family is suspected of working together to abduct young women.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WTF, I could've sworn today was Tuesday

Can't wait for the new ep <3
Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait for the episode

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yay, todd is finally leaving!! the ep was creppy and the only part i enjoyed was hotch running up the escalator... they are dropping the ball hard this season
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunee (View Post)
yay, todd is finally leaving!!
Thank you
neel luvs tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

unless she magically joins the team... god, kill me if that happens... but seriously, she was so judgemental of hotch... i don't love the guy, but he loves his team! it's TODD who is a flaming moron! UGH
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

Well that was creepy And much much better than last week, IMO.

The case - damn, pretty much something my great grandma would warn me about when I was little. Gypsies coming to town and stealing kids
Poor kid having have to choose a freaking wife at such young age... And you know.. in general, being conditioned this way. And was that first girl Molly from Heroes? I was disappointed they didn't kill her (that sounded wrong... oh well). It'd be extra creepy.

The cognitive interview was nicely done. And lol at Hotch and Prentiss doing good cop/bad cop routine. That was fun to watch, although they did seem to crack her waaay too easily. And it was a nice twist at the end, even if a bit predictable with the whole several siblings thing. I just wonder, if they had a daughter, would they be kidnapping future husbands?

I really liked the little speech that Todd gave at the end. I know I'm in the minority who doesn't mind her at all, but I liked the fact that she failed in the way that she proved not everybody might be cut for such job. Even with a good FBI background and potential skills. Of course I'm happy that JJ's gonna be back.

Also not enough Reid (I guess they're evening out the first half of the season), but then again, I'm biased and I'd gladly have Reid centric episodes every week. Although maybe not with that hairstyle of doom. Ugh.
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Wonderful episode!

The plot line was awesome!

Did they show a preview for next week?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a good, but creepy episode

HOTCHNER! Playing bad cop in the interrogation room was absolute awesome ANA, you'll love that part as much as I did

That was insane Mother and father go wife shopping with their 9 almost 10 year old son, and kill the future father/mother in law . That's just insane

Todd is leaving JJ is coming back
Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Anyone else thinking they're planning on something big for Hotch soon? They keep dancing around the family/parent-child relation theme since pretty much the beginning of this season. It just fits, especially now that it seems he's not present in his son's life.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Creepy episode, especially the ending.

It was nice to see Emily get more air time. She was awesome interviewing the little girl, so reassuring and yet able to get the info the team needed. And then she got to do good cop/bad cop routine with Hotch!

Learning that it was the sons participating in the killing while the wife abducted the daughter was a twist I wasn't expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~ (View Post)
I really liked the little speech that Todd gave at the end. I know I'm in the minority who doesn't mind her at all, but I liked the fact that she failed in the way that she proved not everybody might be cut for such job. Even with a good FBI background and potential skills. Of course I'm happy that JJ's gonna be back.
I didn't particularly like Todd, but thought she did okay as a temp. Sorting through the requests for help and seeing all the grisly cases would definitely take a special kind of person. If anything, Todd helped show what a vital role JJ plays on the team. It's good to know that JJ will be back next week.

Quote:
Anyone else thinking they're planning on something big for Hotch soon? They keep dancing around the family/parent-child relation theme since pretty much the beginning of this season. It just fits, especially now that it seems he's not present in his son's life.
Could be. I liked that Hotch acknowledged to the little girl's father that he didn't know himself how his son liked his Christmas present. It was nice to have the mention of his family.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

I did like this episode.

Hotch playing the bad cop
I could have that every week on my screen

I also loved his talk with the girl's father about his own son. Children cases always get him, but think they're planning something big for him later this season.

Prentiss also did a very great job with the cognitive interview.

I have to say I'm glad Jordan is leaving. I don't like her tone towards the team and how judgemental she is of Hotch. Her comment about him taking JJ for granted was uncalled for. I don't think he ever did that. Maybe she should have heard his wonderful speech about his team. Maybe I'm biased, because I love Hotch, but I guess his distance and lack of emotion can be understandable.

About Rossi, he's great as always. He had nice scenes with Jordan and I liked that he was worried about how she was reacting to the cases.

Random, but that Reid hairdo just needs to go away. It's distracting and not in a good way.

Can't wait to see JJ back next week

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Could be. I liked that Hotch acknowledged to the little girl's father that he didn't know himself how his son liked his Christmas present. It was nice to have the mention of his family.
As sad as it is, he is an absentee father. And what's even worse, he can try all he wants, but this job was and still is his priority. He loves Jack, I doubt anyone could think otherwise, but when he had a choice, he chose BAU over his family. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but I hope they're gonna delve into it a bit more soon. I was a bit surprised he wasn't the one staying in Vegas back in Memoriam, instead of Rossi. Although now to think of it, it would probably hit home too close. And can you imagine him wondering, worrying, that one day he'll be a father who knows his son only through googled pieces of information?

Quote:
I have to say I'm glad Jordan is leaving. I don't like her tone towards the team and how judgemental she is of Hotch. Her comment about him taking JJ for granted was uncalled for. I don't think he ever did that. Maybe she should have heard his wonderful speech about his team. Maybe I'm biased, because I love Hotch, but I guess his distance and lack of emotion can be understandable.
I like Hotch, too and I do think his distance is understandable, if not actually necessary, but this was a POV of someone on the outside. She knew them all of a few months and she was never determined to get close to them, either. I didn't think her comment was malicious or that it was actually directed to Hotch because he's Hotch or because she actually thinks he takes JJ for granted. I think in a way she was convincing herself that it was ok for her to fail. That it's a tough job and that JJ's excellent at this for which she should be appreciated.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

God, could Emily be anymore awesome?

And Todd and her 'she has a name' comment was ridiculous. Yes, Todd, she does, but she WAS a target. You obviously aren't cut for a job like that if you're going to feel attached to all the victims. I'm not saying you're not supposed to feel anything, but frankly, get over yourself.

However, I did find myself siding with Todd at the end, when she spoke to Hotch. I agree with Do about the nature of her speech, I don't think she meant to say Hotch takes JJ for granted. She doesn't know him well enough and she said herself that Hotch doesn't show emotions - which is true - so she couldn't know how he acts towards JJ. She couldn't know he was the one complementing JJ's exceptional job before, which has her saying that 'it was nice to be noticed'. She couldn't know Hotch is the one who's so aware of the fact that JJ has to sort out through all kinds of horrible cases, deciding which one to pick and "hoping she picked the right one." Since Todd didn't - thankfully - act all know-it-all about what she said to Hotch, I didn't mind, and I get where she's coming from.

I also thought it was nice that Rossi was so supportive and understanding, he's way sweeter than I ever thought he would be. Not that I expected him to be a bitch about someone who can't handle the job, but he was truly great.

Quote:
I have that feeling too. Heck, I hope so. For the awesome leader he is, I feel Hotch is a bit underused. Plus, more Hotch on my screen =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Mind (View Post)
HOTCHNER! Playing bad cop in the interrogation room was absolute awesome ANA, you'll love that part as much as I did
You know me so well, dear When Hotch banged his hands on the table and shouted at the woman... GOD YES. Multiple orgasms, right there He was all kinds of hot during the interrogation, I think that one goes hand in hand with the one where he started stripping his jacket off while owning the killer he and Reid were questioning. Too much amazingness for a single scene

Last edited by Musidora; 01-25-2009 at 06:15 AM
Musidora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

I just got around to watching the episode and I thought it was really creepy. I actually love that it was kind of left open-ended because every once in a while, the villains have to win to keep things interesting. I loved how Morgan/Garcia actually had some interaction and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that JJ is coming back and Agent Todd is gone. I hope she never comes back.

Also, did anyone else squee when Todd said to Hotch how "I hope you don't take JJ for granted"...hehehe!!!