Old 02-09-2020, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Episode Discussion - 15x08 "Family Tree" [Airs February 12, 2020]

15x08:
"Family Tree"

Synopsis
“Family Tree” – Prentiss and J.J. are faced with important decisions to make about their futures as the BAU travels to Beaumont, Texas to investigate a series of murdered businessmen, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Feb. 12 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Promo

Promotional Photos

Written By: Bruce Zimmerman
Directed By: Alec Smight

Last edited by jls2971; 02-12-2020 at 07:50 PM
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3rd to last ep . At least we in the US have Ion tv or WE network
Old 02-12-2020, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yeah, I like to watch the ION marathons. Hopefully they keep doing those for a long time!

Sneak peeks:

Old 02-13-2020, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the ep a lot . As we draw to the end three team members are at a crossroads in there life and career . We start with Emily asked if she wants to be director of FBI . Being told she is on the short list .JJ , tells Reid and Garcia she has a job offer in New Orleans .

This weeks unsub was very different than most, his mind was going thru reality and fantasy , Near the end when he was being chased buy Rossi . We think he shot Rossi … we don’t know it isn’t real till his fantasy played out . I thought the women was just playing along till FBI came .
Then we are back outside see Rossi is ok and unsub is dead .
Tree with all the hands hanging was super creepy .
Interesting that the end of the episode Cara is listening to the tapes of the unsub to study his psychology and what was going on in his mind. What was his mind doing , her and Reid discussing his mental state .

Last edited by Logan; 02-13-2020 at 09:33 AM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I liked that the quotes were said by the unsub and that the unsub did a voice over throughout. I had a hard time following the case itself and didn't quite get the unsub's motives. I did think the fantasy vs. reality aspect was interesting. And the team worked well.

During the scene in the woods, while I didn't think Rossi was actually shot, I thought maybe he had missed the unsub and he got back to the cabin, so I liked that Rossi had shot him after all.

I liked the JJ, Garcia, and Reid scene. The season 1 originals

I liked the scenes between Rossi + Simmons and Tara + Reid at the end. I know Prentiss was trying to say that should she move on eventually she would want JJ to take over, but I feel like that would complicate JJ's decision, even if Prentiss was hoping it would make the decision easier. What if JJ ended up turning down the New Orleans position and then Prentiss didn't get the Director job?

Definitely felt like the end with Rossi with him talking to Simmons and walking to his car was setting up for his retirement. I think when he was walking to his car he was probably set on retiring soon, once they catch Lynch.

While I think Prentiss would be fine as director, it seemed a bit sudden to offer her that position without her working her way up a bit more in the bureau. I get that they want to wrap up everything for the characters and give them clear futures, but it feels a bit rushed. I guess that's expected with only 10 episodes, but still. If they had tossed in a line earlier this season about Prentiss being considered or being asked if it's something she would want to do, it might have felt a bit more believable.

Curious to see what Prentiss and JJ decide. Prentiss would be good as director, but I also wonder how she would handle all the politics involved. And with JJ, she's qualified and capable of being unit chief, but would she want it knowing it would probably mean being away from her family more?

And the last profiling scene was in this episode

It was an okay episode. Not my favorite.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:12 PM
MST Manager

I watch the marathons on ION, WE TV, and Sundance TV all. the. time.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yep, ION TV has all day marathons Mondays and Tuesdays, so that's my main go to source for watching repeats

I also see a lot of people talk about watching it on WE TV. I just recently heard about that channel. Not sure if I have it. I'll have to look to see if I get that channel
Old 02-16-2020, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When will you post the finale thread ? I like to help,… just not sure if we want fonts colors pics
Old 02-17-2020, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I'm going to work on it now, so it should be up soon

For some reason, the promo pics for the last few episodes haven't been posted until the day the episode airs. It sucks, because I like to put them in the OP. I can get the small, blurry versions from CBS, but it's nice to have better quality. Not sure why they aren't being released sooner anymore. Spoiler TV hasn't posted any promo pics lately, not sure why.
Reply   Post New Thread