Old 02-05-2020, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Episode Discussion - 15x06: “Date Night” [Airs February 5, 2020]

15x06:
"Date Night"

Synopsis
“Date Night” – After a father and daughter get kidnapped, a former foe of the BAU returns with very specific demands for Dr. Reid that give a whole new meaning to the phrase “wheels up,” on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Feb. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Rachel Leigh Cook returns as Maxine.

Promo

Promotional Photos

Written By: Breen Frazier
Directed By: Marcus Stokes

Last edited by jls2971; 02-05-2020 at 12:55 PM
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It it either a 2 part ep or 2 ep since it is listed 9-11pm
Old 02-05-2020, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Thanks for the new thread

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
It it either a 2 part ep or 2 ep since it is listed 9-11pm
It's two episode airing separately. I'm going to make a separate thread for episode 7 since they aren't related and are two separate episodes (unlike the premiere where the two episodes were connected)

Here are the sneak peeks for this episode:

https://www.etonline.com/criminal-mi...clusive-140833
Old 02-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

really pushing the final season fast .. At this rate the final ep will air in like 3 weeks
Old 02-05-2020, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yes, it's going by too fast. I wish they could have given them a few more weeks to air the episodes

I added the promo pics to the OP
Old 02-05-2020, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can’t believe they brought Kat back, I WAS surprised and happy at the same time.
She was only one who really messed with Spencer in so many ways …
The only part that almost caught me Is when Maxine told her story I felt it was contrived… But spencer look of sadness etc threw me off …
Then the team filled him in … She is a keeper

edit : Rachel lee cook ,whom i have seen in a few movies , is almost perfect for the role . she is smart,quick on her feet . to be able to get Kat to text her former cell mate was very clever..
At first i was oh no not another busted relationship gone bad for Reid . team was right reid has a weakness for kat ,despite all the horrible things she did to him ..

Reid showing his anger in the first 5 min was not something we usually see from him , he gets sad and depressed not angry at work to throw all his papers off the desk ..

Last edited by Logan; 02-06-2020 at 10:03 AM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I've never been as huge of a Cat fan as a lot of people seem to be. She was good for her first appearance in Entropy but I was kind of "meh" when she returned in season 12. I know that it's nice to sometimes see old villains pop up again, but I feel like the writers can be hit or miss and sometimes take something really good and go too far and decrease the quality (like with Mr. Scratch).

With that said, I felt her appearance in this episode wasn't too bad. Still, I would have preferred no Cat at all or maybe go about it a different way. I liked the twist with the BAU figuring out the motive right after Reid went on his date with Cat and that they informed Max and she was in on the plan and I liked how they showed us how it all unfolded with flashbacks at the end. However, I also kind of wish that they could have just left Max out of Reid's work by having her become involved like pretty much all of his other love interests have. It would have been nice if Reid and Max could have just had a relationship that developed naturally and didn't end up being involved with a case.

So overall I did like it and enjoyed it. Would I have preferred they didn't bring Cat back and just left Max out of Reid's work and having something happen to her and her family because of Reid's job? Yeah, I would have. But since they wanted to close out this specific story (Cat and Reid) I was okay with how they went about it and still enjoyed the episode.

Some other thoughts:

- I like Max. I like that she is smart and a strong character without being a replica of Reid. Looking back on the Reid-Maeve thing, I think they were too similar. Sure, it's good when couples have things in common, but I think having some different traits works too and balances things out. This is why I like Reid and Max. She's smart and can hold her own but she's not some crazy genius like Reid. I think she could be a good balance for Reid and have him open up and loosen up a bit. I hope they last.

- LOL at "So she's a mean girl, but more stabby." Again, I like Max. She seems like she gets along well with the team.

- I like that Reid and Max have been taking things slow. We know 15x05 took place one month after 15x04, so this episode was probably about a month or a month and a half after 15x04. I liked that they have only been on a couple coffee dates in that amount of time and that those coffee dates are all that they have done so far. I know some people think they're rushing things with the relationship, but since it's the last season and there are so few episodes, they can't really take the time to really develop things slowly. I think they're doing a good job considering they don't have too much time to work things in.

- Why was Rossi talking so loud and fast when Prentiss called him and Simmons? I feel like that was a bit of weak acting on Joe's part.

- Reid told Cat that it was "their anniversary". Does this mean this episode is supposed to take place around the same time that Entropy took place? Entropy aired in January 2016, but would have been filmed in November/December 2015. So were they going for a 4 year anniversary thing? Was Entropy supposed to occur in January 2016? Is the current timeline on the show in 2020 or still 2019? I guess Reid could have just said that and it's not actually an anniversary and he could have just said that since Cat is getting executed soon so they're doing "their anniversary" early. I feel like the writers are messing up the timeline this season. I get that they have to skip some time since they only had 10 episodes, but it seems like there is no consistency. 15x01 took place six months after 14x15, but then in 15x04 Reid says that JJ got shot "a few weeks ago". I think he said something along the lines of Luke almost got blown up last week, the week before that his best friend was shot and the week before that he was held hostage. Huh? Apparently weeks and months are interchangeable on this show Tongue And no way JJ returned to work a week after almost dying.

- I really hope Reid was just playing along with everything and that they weren't implying Reid had some feelings for Cat deep down
Old 02-07-2020, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was excited for the surprise. Yes there are many captured baddies serial killers, I wish I would’ve returned. I like Aubrey plaza a lot , But I enjoy her when she’s in comedy.
Jason Alexander I wish would come back , he was the Serial killer that kidnap a busload of children and a teacher put them in a basement room low oxygen . Try to trick the team so they would all get blown up when they approached the house. Rossi Outsmarted him
Old 02-09-2020, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

A few people pointed out a parallel between Reid having to go on a date with Cat to Prentiss having to flirt with Viper in 52 Pickup back in season 4

Source
Old 02-12-2020, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 02-12-2020, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Behind the scenes photos from this episode

Quote:
crimmindscbs You know we’re suckers for #behindthescenes photos. 😍 #CriminalMinds
Old 08-25-2020, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great pic and the final season do go super fast!!