Old 01-12-2020, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Episode Discussion - 15x03: "Spectator Slowing" [Airs January 15, 2020]

15x03:
"Spectator Slowing"

Synopsis
“Spectator Slowing” – The BAU team investigates a series of seemingly random fatal explosions throughout Kentucky and Tennessee, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Jan. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Promo

Promotional Photos

Written By: Bruce Zimmerman
Directed By: Kevin Berlandi

Last edited by jls2971; 01-12-2020 at 10:16 PM
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:46 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the thread.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread ! Can’t wait
Old 01-15-2020, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Sneak peeks

Old 01-15-2020, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Thanks for posting.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had read earlier this week about different episodes concentrating on each characters personal life. Tonight was mats during wife is pregnant. even though they have four kids!
Meanwhile we have a book bomber
Second seeing in the BAU , JJ and Reid hugging again
Old 01-16-2020, 09:38 AM
MST Manager

I need for them to move on from this JJ/Reid thing.

I have watched this show from the very first episode (and I have watched every season almost five times each, I always watch it in syndication) and I have NEVER seen any romantic undertones between them. Ever. Where is this coming from? It is so contrived. I don't like it and I don't want it.

They are best friends and she is married. Leave it alone.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Compared to last weeks two part or episodes one and two. This was kinda of a let down .
JJ return to work , her and Reid hugging and taking . He had better get this new girlfriend on screen real soon ..
The Unsubs motive was not a very solid story . So a bunch of Tourists visiting Canada ,happen to be taking a picture at a old crime scene . Sure one of the men really wanted to get a photo ..
For this Unsub to blatantly show up at at the hospital in place a fake bomb in the girls room.
All to throw off the FBI..
Old 01-18-2020, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNak (View Post)
I need for them to move on from this JJ/Reid thing.

I have watched this show from the very first episode (and I have watched every season almost five times each, I always watch it in syndication) and I have NEVER seen any romantic undertones between them. Ever. Where is this coming from? It is so contrived. I don't like it and I don't want it.

They are best friends and she is married. Leave it alone.
I agree. Other than Reid's crush on JJ in 1x04, I never saw anything romantic between them. Reid seemed to move on from that and I never felt that JJ ever returned the feelings. While I didn't completely agree with the "Reid was JJ's first love" and she has always loved him that they gave us last week, I did come up with a theory that could explain it (I'll post it in the JJ-Reid thread).

In recent interviews, Erica said the JJ-Reid thing would be mostly resolved in episode 2, and it seems like that situation will totally be moved on from in the next episode. Erica said JJ and Reid would have a conversation about Reid finding what he wants and what makes him happy and to go seek that out.

As for the episode, it was okay. Parts of it were interesting but other parts were kind of boring. I agree with Matt that this was a step down from last week's episodes.

I did like that the team all gave JJ a hug. It was nice to see them care about her since we didn't seem to get too much concern from the team when JJ almost died last week. I do wonder how much time has passed though.

The concept of the case was interesting, and how what they thought were random bombings weren't so random was interesting, but I felt they didn't really execute it well. The motive wasn't strong enough for me and I have a hard time believing that the unsub was able to find out the information on the tourists and then find their family members on top of that. If they had put more explanation into it, it might have been a bit better. And he seemed to really have it out for the mom who took the photo, but not the guy who actually wanted the photo? Part of me wonders why he didn't just go after the tourists but I get that he wanted to make them suffer by hurting their loved ones so that they know how he felt losing his mother. Again, the connections between it all weren't that strong and if they had added more detail or explained more, it might have come across better.

I knew Luke was going to be fine and not blow up. I thought it might blow up but that Luke would have gotten out of there just in time to not get seriously injured. Having it be a fake bomb was a nice twist.

It was nice seeing Simmons with his family, but I felt they could have showed them a little less. His kids are really cute though, especially the twin girls.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:46 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
In recent interviews, Erica said the JJ-Reid thing would be mostly resolved in episode 2, and it seems like that situation will totally be moved on from in the next episode. Erica said JJ and Reid would have a conversation about Reid finding what he wants and what makes him happy and to go seek that out.
That's good to hear.

I loved seeing Simmons and his family! The kids are adorable.