Old 03-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Episode Discussion - 13x16: "Last Gasp" [Airs March 14, 2018]

13x16:
"Last Gasp"

Synopsis
“Last Gasp” – Away from the watchful eye of the FBI’s assistant director of national security, Linda Barnes (Kim Rhodes), the BAU meets in secret to investigate an UnSub who appears to be kidnapping and photographing young women, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, March 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Promo

Promotional Photos

Written By: Stephanie SenGupta
Directed By: Adam Rodriguez

Last edited by jls2971; 09-05-2018 at 06:26 PM
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you ! No Reid and Tara in this eppy it seems.
OMG ! Is that Drake Horgestyn aka John Black from Days Of Our Lives I see in the pics ? Yep ! I don't think my eyes are deceiving me. So even if I didn't plan on watching this episode (Which I absolutely did), I would, just to see him play his role on CM.
Prentiss'#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:51 PM
d18
Part-Time Fan

Both Reid and Tara are in the promo video.
d18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Tara and Reid aren't in any promo pics but they are in the video
Old 03-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Sneak peeks

Old 03-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Old 03-14-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saw a preview JJ mad at some new guy , I guess he’s taking over for Garcia . Doing a deep dive into files . Weird stuff
Old 03-15-2018, 08:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Previously on reminded me that Garcia is the worst character and I would be glad if that change could be permanent, but I know its not.
The main problem is that Garcia is the same character that was in S1, nope, I am lying... She acts even more like a kid as the seasons progresses which is ****ing awful. She is basically a character that is made through eyes of the viewers - if those viewers are all 13 year old girls.

I'm gonna watch the episode now.
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Nice episode.

This show kind of turned into an ABC family show...

Barnes done and dusted.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Nice to see you around, believer

I'll watch this episode sometime this afternoon. I saw the first couple minutes last night. Thought I might be able to actually watch it live but I was just so tired last night I couldn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)
Previously on reminded me that Garcia is the worst character and I would be glad if that change could be permanent, but I know its not.
The main problem is that Garcia is the same character that was in S1, nope, I am lying... She acts even more like a kid as the seasons progresses which is ****ing awful. She is basically a character that is made through eyes of the viewers - if those viewers are all 13 year old girls.

I'm gonna watch the episode now.
I like Garcia but I will agree that she can be over the top. It doesn't bother me too much but I can see why it bothers others and they could tone it down a bit. She did seem more balanced in season 1, where she was fun and quirky but still showed professionalism and wasn't too over the top.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I watched the eppy 3x now. Barnes was a pain but it brought the team together.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am enjoying this run … changing up and seoerste a group , not good ! Glad we have Garcia to leagly do her magic … intesrtimg case not until the dug into the photos edit thrm , we knew nothing of this unsub . Team choosing to go together get this guy . How well it all played off in the end … JJ was off the charts super lady yet not wanting to lose all dignity .,

When we get ep that involves evrtyome it makes for a top notch ep . I suspect Linda Barnes may play into the finale . Just a hunch
Old 03-17-2018, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I liked the episode. It had its funny moments. My main issue is this episode and this whole Barnes arc felt rushed. I knew the team would be reunited by the end of this episode. I feel like there would have been more of an impact and suspense if the team had been broken up sooner. It would have been interesting to see them working their assignments and working more under the radar for more than just one episode. Maybe if the team had been broken up at the end of episode 14 and we saw them on these new assignments in episodes 15 and 16 it would have been a bit more interesting.

I do have to wonder if we'll see Barnes again or some other type of fallout from all of this by the end of the season. If this was truly the end of all it, what was the point? If it's done, then it seems like it was just done for the sake of the drama and suspense, but I would argue I felt no suspense since I knew what the outcome would be by the end of this episode. Again, the arc felt rushed and if there isn't more to it, there are still a lot of questions unanswered about Barnes and her motives and how she was able to make all the calls she did. But at least they did set it up for a possibility of her to cause more trouble down the road.

I liked JJ standing up to Barnes and I liked Garcia's co-worker in cyber crimes. I wouldn't mind seeing her again, even if it's just a little moment of her and Garcia hanging out at a coffee shop or something in their free time. It was sweet of Garcia to give Anita that unicorn toy. I liked that unicorn and I'll miss seeing it on Garcia's desk (if the writers remember she gave it away )

It was funny to see Tara, Prentiss and Rossi in their new jobs. Poor them Prentiss works with a smelly jerk, Tara is trying to counsel an X-Files couple and Rossi has a difficult actor And then there's Reid who seemed excited about teaching only to realize half his class audited his class Loved his note at the end about everyone who enrolled gets an A. Well played, Reid.

Also got a kick out of JJ storming through the bullpen after talking to Barnes and Luke and Matt say they're going to call Reid and Rossi after she walks by them. They could tell she was pissed.

Everyone in the bullpen at the end was nice, even if it was predictable. Again, I thought the episode was fine but I felt there could have been a lot more done with this arc.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
Nice to see you around, believer

I'll watch this episode sometime this afternoon. I saw the first couple minutes last night. Thought I might be able to actually watch it live but I was just so tired last night I couldn't do it

I like Garcia but I will agree that she can be over the top. It doesn't bother me too much but I can see why it bothers others and they could tone it down a bit. She did seem more balanced in season 1, where she was fun and quirky but still showed professionalism and wasn't too over the top.
I stop by when I can!

Great review.

I don't mind Garcia when she is working the case, but when Morgan left, that quirkness became annoying... and I hate that after almost 15 years since the start, she still is acting like a child...

X-Files couple, you totally nailed it.
Funny that all girls auditioned Reid class because they taught he is hot.

And totally under the radar, I just saw that Adam directed this episode. Well done.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Well it's always nice to hear from you Just keep stopping by when you can.

Yes, Adam directed this one. He directed a couple episodes of CSI Miami, so I'm sure this wasn't too unfamiliar for him. I think he also directed an episode of Jane the Virgin.

I'm glad Barnes is gone (for now). I'd take season 3 Strauss over her. At least Strauss came to learn her place (which wasn't in the field) and wasn't going after Hotch episode after episode. Plus, she realized these victims were people. I think of when Strauss stepped on that woman's hair and she got bothered by it. It showed she was human. Barnes didn't seem to have any care in the world about people dying and seemed unfazed by 26/27 people dying because she benched the BAU. If Barnes ends up being an unsub down the road I probably wouldn't be too surprised.
Reply   Post New Thread