Old 01-21-2018, 06:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Episode Discussion - 13x13: "Cure" [Airs January 24, 2018]

13x13:
"Cure"

Synopsis
“Cure” – The BAU is called to investigate a series of D.C. homicides where cryptic messages are found inside the mouths of each victim, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Jan. 24 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Promo

Promotional Photos

Written By: Christopher Barbour
Directed By: Glenn Kershaw

jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Another new ep looks good
Old 01-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

New episodes this week and next week, but then a whole month off for the Olympics.

I wish the promos were longer than 10 seconds. They just seem kind of choppy sometimes. This episode sounds like it could be interesting though. And I believe this is the beginning of the arc for the assistant director
Old 01-23-2018, 02:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Sneak peeks

Old 01-24-2018, 04:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Another sneak peek
Old 01-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

don’t remember this women and JJ curious ..
Old 01-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good episode with one twist . Love that Garcia and Reid worked together on the puzzle . The story was very good and not till we saw the son , i knew it was the son . Sad that the women/ Girlfriend was killed . JJ finding out she know runs the BAU, but only cause Emily
Is now on suspension while under investigation .. JJ even Mentions Hotch tonight
Old 01-24-2018, 09:18 PM
d18
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed the case tonight, lead by our all-knowing duo Reid and Garcia.

The ending overshadows the episode though. I hope they are not pitting JJ and Emily.

I get that Rossi before declined Hotch's offer to be Unit Chief but I don't understand how he wasn't the first go-to choice by the brass if Prentiss is suspended.
d18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I recorded the show to watch it tonight. But from what I've just read on Facebook and here, I guess it's time again for me to take some time away from the show.
Prentiss'#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Finally had time to watch this episode (hooray for 9 hour car rides). I thought it was a good episode and I enjoyed it for the most part. I think it started off good but seemed sort of thrown together towards the end when they were wrapping the case up.

As for the JJ thing, not sure how I feel about it. We'll have to wait and see what happens. It just seems sort of repetitive with someone going after the BAU and trying to go after the unit chief. And we already had a temporary passing of the torch with the unit chief role with Hotch and Morgan. But at the same time I do think it can be an interesting story line, so we'll see what they do.

I can see them going with the story line of Barnes having something against the BAU and wanting to disband them and cause tension within the team. If so, the question is why? Other questions to ponder: Does Barnes have something against Prentiss or the whole team? Was Barnes the mole from last season? Is Prentiss in trouble for deleting that recording and/or putting out that Amber alert?

While it would be nice to see some wrap ups of those plots from last season (the mole, the recording) it also seems like they should have/would have probably addressed it by now.

And then there's the question of why JJ. Tara, Luke, and Simmons haven't been on the team long enough so it can't be any of them. Garcia isn't in a high enough position, so she's out. And because of everything that happened with Reid last season and his 100 days on, 30 days off, it makes sense why they wouldn't want Reid to take over. So that leaves JJ and Rossi. We know Rossi doesn't want the job, but the thing is, I don't think JJ would either (other than doing it for the team and to keep them together). Yes, Rossi has said he doesn't want it, but he would fill in temporarily, especially if it meant keeping the team together. He's done it before. Unless they address it in the next episode, it seems like they didn't even consider Rossi. Why not? He's capable and even though JJ would be qualified, Rossi would be more qualified and it would probably be easier to have Rossi, who is familar with the role, take over instead of making someone new do it.

This is why I think there is a motive/reason for choosing JJ. I've seen people suggest it could be because the higher ups might think they can "control" JJ and that she might be more willing to listen to them. I think for the most part, JJ follows the rules and does what's asked of her. That could establish trust from Barnes and other higher ups.

To me, I wonder why they didn't ask Rossi (since it seems like they're going that route). I guess it's possible they assumed he would say no. But, that also makes me think there's something shady going on. Maybe Barnes knows Rossi doesn't want the job but would temporarily fill in, but Barnes wants to get rid of Prentiss and is aiming for a permanent replacement, hence not asking Rossi.

And speaking of Prentiss: first, that scene with JJ and Prentiss at the elevator was major foreshadowing. But also, shouldn't Prentiss have been informed she was on leave before JJ? Unless Prentiss is in on it or already knew but didn't want to worry JJ.

I will say I am interested to see where this goes and curious to see how JJ does as unit chief. Will she be a bit more in the background like Hotch was his last few seasons and like it seems Prentiss is sometimes now, or will we get season 9 JJ again?

Also, speaking of Hotch, I liked the Hotch mention from JJ! I think little mentions of him here and there are good since it would be normal for the team to mention him from time to time. We don't need a lot, just a little bit will do
Old 01-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here's what I don't get. If Barnes wants Emily's head because she's afraid Emily might reach to her position, the way Strauss wanted Hotch's head because she was afraid he might reach to her position, is that to say that Barnes doesn't believe that JJ might eventually become a threat to her too ?
Old 01-28-2018, 06:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Possibly. Maybe Barnes knows JJ doesn't really want the position of unit chief but would only take it for the sake of her team. This could have Barnes believe that JJ would accept as unit chief for her team but not want to or attempt to go any higher than that.

I think one main reason JJ wouldn't want the unit chief role is because she saw how hard it was for Hotch to balance work and time with Jack. And JJ has two young boys, so I can't see her wanting to be unit chief because of this. Heck, the possibility of moving into Morgan's old office was too much for her. So it's definitely possible Barnes is under the assumption that JJ is happy where she is now and would not try to climb the ranks.

Now, with Prentiss, it could very well be a repeat of Strauss and Hotch. Hotch never had any intentions of climbing up in the ranks, but Strauss seemed to think he might. But when Strauss died Hotch temporarily filled in but wanted there to be a permanent replacement that wasn't him.

So maybe Barnes has some crazy idea that Prentiss wants to be higher in the ranks someday. Maybe Barnes is under the impression that maybe that's why Prentiss came back last year. Prentiss has been in a leadership role since 2012 (first with Interpol and now the BAU). So it's possible Barnes could see Prentiss as wanting to climb up to be higher in command.

Or it's possible Barnes has something against the BAU (a plot that's been done before). The first step to disarming the BAU could be getting rid of their boss. And then getting rid of Prentiss requires someone to fill in. So Barnes picked someone with little experience in regards to being unit chief. If so, this could be why Barnes picked JJ and not Rossi, because Rossi would probably see right through the scheme and crap and have a better understanding of the politics. Barnes could think JJ might not clue in as well as Rossi
Old 02-02-2018, 01:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, it makes sense.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How would she know that Prentiss earased the recording of Reid. In the Mexican jail ??
Only Rossi Tara JJ knew. Rossi Prentiss and Tara heard the recording .
The storyline at the break is one to keep us coming back !
Again keeping Hotch name alive in line with BAU history .
Reply   Post New Thread