Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Criminal Minds Season 13 Premiere: The Top Five Moments Gale Robinson September 30, 2017 Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds Season 13 Premiere: The Top Five Moments

Season 12 of the hit crime-solving psychological drama series, Criminal Minds, ended with a spectacular car crash caused by the creepy bad guy and serial killer, Scratch. Via the use of spike-strips, he is solely responsible for the BAU’s SUVs spinning out and then he runs into them with an eighteen-wheeler. In the Criminal Minds Season 13 Premiere, the accident results in the death of the new guy, Agent Stephen Walker, and the abduction of Emily Prentiss. Rossi, JJ, and Tara sustain some injuries and are taken to the hospital but Luke is uninjured. And, here are the top five moments from the Criminal Minds Season 13 Premiere:

1. Prentiss is Drugged

It soon becomes clear that Scratch’s goal is to get Prentiss to disclose to him where Hotch is. He’s now in WITSEC and has been ever since he left the BAU. Scratch will resort to all kinds of dirty tricks to get what he wants and that includes drugging Prentiss so that she sees exactly what he wants her to. She sees horrific damage to her legs from the accident complete with imaginary pain, as well as Scratch’s assistant who also doesn’t exist.

2. Reid’s PTSS

Back at the BAU, Reid is suffering from a serious case of PTSS, which is the new name for PTSD because it’s now been determined in the medical field that it is actually a syndrome, not a disorder. He’s concerned about it because his usually brilliant brain is running a bit slower than it should, which could endanger Prentiss’ life. However, in spite of it, he figures out the key to the case, as he usually does.

3. Goodbye and Good Riddance to Scratch

Prentiss finally figures out that things are definitely not what they seem and she escapes by pretending she’s still incapacitated and that she’s going to tell Scratch what he wants to hear. As he bends close so she can whisper Hotch’s whereabouts in his ear, she takes a big bite out of it instead. About that time, the BAU members storm the warehouse where she’s been held and chase after Scratch. Luke chases him to the rooftop and, when he tries to take the fire escape, he ends up falling over the edge and hanging onto the ledge. He begs Luke to pull him up, but while Luke is considering it and holstering his gun, Scratch loses his grip and plunges to his death on the pavement below.

4. Happily Ever After for Hotch and Jack

After Walker’s funeral, the team joins up again back at the BAU, where Prentiss informs them that, now that Scratch had been successfully dispatched, Hotch and his boy Jack were able to check out of WITSEC to resume their happy lives together. Hotch will not be rejoining the team, however, so this all seems to wrap up the Hotch story once and for all.

5. Wheels Up!

One of my favorite lines on the show has always been Hotch saying “Wheels up in 5” and Prentiss relates how the saying had kept her going when she thought she couldn’t go on during the Scratch torture sessions. So, the BAU’s new mantra became “Wheels Up”. And, a fitting one it is indeed. So, we’ll all be waiting for wheels up on the next episode and the rest of this season of the amazing Criminal Minds.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I really like the premier

🥀 ʝ ӓ ɉ ἐ
forever frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Here's a really long post I made when I was watching the premiere
JLS1792, 13x01 Thoughts/Review

Here's a shorter (I say shorter and not short since this is still pretty long) of some thoughts I had:

1. I wish they could have mentioned Morgan for like 2 seconds. Since everything happened immediately after the finale, wouldn't he still be in town? He was supposed to have breakfast with Reid. The accident happened at night (or early morning), so you'd think Morgan wouldn't have even met with Reid yet probably. So did he know what happened? I mean, if he was with Reid and Reid suddenly left, Morgan would probably know what was up (since he knew the team was going after Scratch). But if Reid wasn't there when Morgan got there, he'd probably call Reid and would probably wonder what's up. If Morgan was still in town and hadn't met Reid yet or was with Reid, I can't see him just leaving, especially if he knew Prentiss was missing and his former team just lost one of their own. I know Morgan never worked with and only briefly met Walker, but I could see him staying for moral support for the team, especially Garcia. Plus, Tara, Rossi and JJ were all injured and Morgan knew them. I'm fine with not seeing him but a quick mention would have been nice.

2. Kind of going off number 1, what did Reid do with his mom? Are we supposed to assume Morgan is staying with her? I can't see Reid just leaving his mom alone, and since we pick up immediately from the finale, I can't imagine Reid found a place for her to stay or someone to watch her that fast. Is Morgan with her? Is another FBI agent (probably Anderson) with her?

3. Are we supposed to assume Walker and JJ's side of the car hit something after getting hit by Scratch's truck? Because the finale showed us that their car wasn't hit as hard and it was Luke's side that got hit. It got pushed to the side a bit, but not enough for Walker to die of whiplash (meh, I called it being whiplash about a month ago. I just had a feeling they would give a rushed explanation like that). It didn't look like they were near anything to hit. If they were, they probably would have still been stuck up against it (like a tree or something). I just wish they could have explained that a bit more, but I get that they were low on time and the team couldn't properly grieve Walker since Prentiss was missing.

4. Also, did Luke check on Walker before helping JJ? Was it clear by looking at him that he was dead? I'm going to assume Luke checked before helping JJ out and checked for a pulse.

5. Was it just me or were the SUVs in the spots they were in before the accident? In 12x22, we see them facing each other, then Luke/Walker/JJ's car gets hit on Luke's side and it gets pushed to the side. Then the truck hits Prentiss/Rossi/Tara's car and hits it hard and pushes it forward. So why were the SUVs next to each other again?

6. Anyone else feel like that ending scene would have made a good ending scene for a series finale?

7. I felt like Adam's acting was a bit off when he first tells Garcia that Walker is dead. He just kind of states that "he's gone" but it didn't have a lot of emotion to me. The second time he said it sounded a bit better.

8. I wasn't sure about Garcia going out to the accident scene at first, but I loved her willing to help her team/family in any way she could

9. Reid being upset and suffering from PTSS was reasonable

10. Obviously ass clowns is now the greatest line said on this show

11. Loved Hotch and Jack getting good closure

12. Glad Scratch is freaking dead

13. They could totally bring back Jack without showing Hotch. Show him at JJ's house or let him be friends with Eli Walker

14. They got Jack's age wrong. I think they aged him a few seasons ago. He should be 11 going on 12, not 13. (He was born in Fall 2005, and assuming this episode was still May 2017, that should make Jack 11 still). But I guess that's just a small detail

15. Why did no one mention calling Hayden and Joy?

16. I liked the Will and JJ scene

17. Why did Tara disappear for a huge part of the episode? Why did no mention her or ask how she was doing?

18. Tracie Thoms was amazing and I'd nominate her for an Emmy if I could. She was only in two scenes but she was just so good and showed so much emotion. I felt her portrayal was very realistic.

19. Loved Prentiss biting Scratch's ear

20. Loved how Luke was just nonchalantly saying Scratch was down and he fell trying to escape. Hey, it wasn't a lie. I do wonder if Scratch just slipped or if he let go on purpose

21. Overall a great episode! Great acting and a pretty good story.
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

this is still my fave episode so far this season

🥀 ʝ ӓ ɉ ἐ
forever frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread