New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2017, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I really like the premiere too. Didnt expect the Hotch mention. I am glad. And i'm also glad to see Will.

🌸 ʝ ӓɉ ἐ
Paper-Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okay, I came back for the premier and I believe I'll stick around.

1. I'm not surprised that Hotch has decided to stay away. This is the second unsub to target and stalk him. I would have taken the hint as well and let go since it seems he is cursed or something.

2. love loved LOVED the Will and JJ scene! At first I was scared that she was going to quit, but when he said it wasn't time to call it....I felt much better. BUT, that still makes me uncomfortable that there seems to be talk between them about her leaving.... which I wouldn't be surprised if that happened sometime soon.

3. Reid! Oh my poor, sweet Reid.......I am so glad he pushed through and helped with this! I do hope we see more of Diana (I've heard rumors that she might be back...) but not like last season.

4. I hope I wasn't the only one laughing at Rossi and his obsession with that ticket in the beginning. ROFL! Also him throwing Reid off guard with the name calling.

5. Oh, that hug between Emily and Reid was so sweet! I love how she grounds him when he needs it.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Hello, MG! We've missed you around here!

Really great episode! I agree that it was one of the best premieres in recent years. Matt, I also like to think that "Wheel's Up" was an ode to Hotch.

I was pleasantly surprised that they actually ended Scratch. I was afraid they'd drag him out until 300. I'm glad he's gone. And they gave Hotch a good ending. I've said for a long time now that they can easily kill Scratch and just say Hotch wants to focus on being a dad.

Loved the JJ and Will scene. Loved Prentiss. Loved Reid. LOVED Sassy Rossi (a$$ clowns and jag-off ). Never change, Rossi!

I liked Garcia too. Even though I don't always agree with her being in the field, I absolutely loved her rushing to help the other agents after they were getting out of the car. And I loved how she didn't want to leave Walker

RIP Walker. You truly deserved better.

Monica's scenes were so heartbreaking. Wonderful acting by Tracie Thoms.

Tara kind of disappeared. Simmons was good. I don't necessarily understand the purpose of firing Damon to still hire in an 8th member, but Simmons seems fine.

The one thing I might have changed is have someone other than Luke be the one to watch/let Scratch fall. But Luke was good in this episode.

I know I've already said a lot and I still have a lot to say! I jotted some stuff down and when I have more time I'll work it out so it makes more sense

Ratings:
18-49 Demo: 1.3
Viewers: 7.03 Million
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Addicted Fan

really enjoyable... I thought I was going to be dissappointed, but not! ha!

Not much of a surprise for me.
Glad Scratch was killed finally!
And Hotch was obviously going to be a dad because TG was fired and not coming back.
Glad I didn't watch the sneak peeks, its so much better now...
and not reading spoilers about upcoming episodes.

Hah, when Prentiss said Reid stay with me, I was like ok, new kids are going to kill Scratch...
Yes, Tara totally disappeard, and I thought her condition was also worisome, but nope.

Well, they killed Walker to hire Simmons, for me Walker was an awful character, even worse then Blake when she just started, lol it was a totally male version of Blake, but just more dull. Simmons will be a great addition, but he is more of a Morgan than Luke is damn. Even in the credits he is totally dressed as Morgan, check that out jls! Even that tattoo is kind of peeking from the sleeve.

Also, that "wheels up" was kind of lame to me, I mean those two words, I love the ode to Hotch, but it was kind of totally unbelievable that she was thinking of that in that situation with Scratch. Well, I dont mean like she should've been scared or something like that, but I thought something cheesy as usual on every show, but wheels up was totally kind of weird to me... But I get it why they used that and I approve! Hotch
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As for Tara she was hurt and in shock after the accident /attack .. Tara told the team about Emily being dosed . Having seen a few photos of Emily on set , I knew she wasn’t injured as badly . Are we to assume Stephen broke his neck or severe head trauma, as cause of death .
JJ was hurt .. Reid with PTSD .. Alvez was only one not injured at all.. He and Simmons had to deal with scratch. I swear I had a thought Scratch wasn’t dead , they find a one of those Mission impossible type disguises, on another person. Scratch obsession along , was Hotch .
So dead scratch they were able to close the Arron Hotchner chapter . Perhaps it would have been Hotch Getting dosed again and who would be hallucinating about a severe injury..

JJ /Will never gets old !!
Old 09-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer14 (View Post)
Well, they killed Walker to hire Simmons, for me Walker was an awful character, even worse then Blake when she just started, lol it was a totally male version of Blake, but just more dull.
Aww, I liked both Blake and Walker But I can see how they may not have connected with fans.

Quote:
Simmons will be a great addition, but he is more of a Morgan than Luke is damn. Even in the credits he is totally dressed as Morgan, check that out jls! Even that tattoo is kind of peeking from the sleeve.
Well, he is Morgan 3.0 isn't he

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
As for Tara she was hurt and in shock after the accident /attack .. Tara told the team about Emily being dosed . Having seen a few photos of Emily on set , I knew she wasn’t injured as badly .
Yeah, she was in shock and was probably being treated for injuries. But the team kind of ignored her too. It wasn't until I think after Rossi was up and getting dressed that he (or anyone) mentioned Tara. He said she was waking up. So she must have been unconscious. But why didn't anyone mention her or be like "Hey, how's Tara doing?" until half way or so through the episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
Are we to assume Stephen broke his neck or severe head trauma, as cause of death .
JJ was hurt .. Reid with PTSD .. Alvez was only one not injured at all.. He and Simmons had to deal with scratch.
I was wondering the same thing. Scratch said he died of whiplash. You can die from whiplash, though I don't it's as common as just being in pain. Plus, another thing I noticed, Walker had blood on the left side of his face. JJ had blood on the right side of her face. JJ and Walker were sitting on the same side (passenger side) so how did the side not on impact for Walker get covered in blood?

In the season 12 finale, Luke's side got hit and the damage to the car in the premiere was mostly the front driver's side tire. It didn't seem like JJ and Walker's side hit anything, but yet those two were either injured (JJ) or killed (Walker) while Luke walked away. Not that Luke walking away isn't possible. I was in a car accident several years ago. I was driving and got hit head on right on the driver's side door, but I walked away without a scratch.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 AM
Addicted Fan

So, I totally forgot, who was in SUV together? JJ, Walker and Rossi or Luke?
And which SUV was hitted first, I totally forgot how that played out?

Also, what I didnt like is that Scratch couldnt find Hotchs adress, he is the best hacker in the history of the show, even listening to their phones while off, and heck even Foyet found Hotchs family like seven years ago when the tehnology wasnt so dominant like now... but I get why they couldnt pulled that off... Damn, they should just had Hotch for this one episode and it would be even better...
Old 09-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
So, I totally forgot, who was in SUV together? JJ, Walker and Rossi or Luke?
And which SUV was hitted first, I totally forgot how that played out?

Also, what I didnt like is that Scratch couldnt find Hotchs adress, he is the best hacker in the history of the show, even listening to their phones while off, and heck even Foyet found Hotchs family like seven years ago when the tehnology wasnt so dominant like now... but I get why they couldnt pulled that off... Damn, they should just had Hotch for this one episode and it would be even better...

Prentiss, Rossi and Tara were in one SUV with Rossi driving, Prentiss in the passenger seat and Tara in the backseat behind Prentiss.

JJ, Walker, and Luke were in the other SUV with Luke driving, JJ in the passenger seat, and Walker in the backseat behind JJ.

After the cars hit the spike strips, they're on the road facing each other. The truck comes and taps Luke's SUV and pushes it to the side a bit. The car is hit on Luke's side. Then the truck smashes into the other SUV and hits Prentiss and Tara's side.

Walker and JJ's injuries are what confuse me. JJ had glass in her scalp and the right side of her face was bloody, which would make it seem like her side of the SUV hit something after impact. Walker looked like he might have been bloody on both sides of his face/head. In the morgue scene, we see him on the table and his left side is facing the camera. You can see blood on the side of his head and on the collar of his shirt. But he was sitting behind JJ, so the left side of his body shouldn't have received any major hits. And it didn't look like JJ and Walker's side hit any trees. But somehow JJ got glass her in scalp (which would indicate her window got shattered).

Prentiss, Tara and Rossi's car took the larger hit in the finale. Prentiss had some bruises on the right side of her face (side of impact) and Tara also was injured since she was going into shock. That made sense since she was on the side of impact and took a direct hit. Rossi's leg was messed up and he had a cut on his left forehead. Since they received a huge hit, he probably hit his head against the window and his leg hit the door/steering wheel. That makes sense.

Scratch said Walker died of whiplash. Either his car should have received a harder hit like Emily's or it had to get pushed around for him to have had such severe whiplash. I think it's just something we have to ignore though. I doubt they actually thought it through, they just wanted everyone to be injured and make it dramatic, and in doing so they forgot about the clip they already showed us in May.

Also, another thing I noticed, the SUVs looked like they were around the spots they were in before the accident. Luke's car was tapped and pushed to the side, while Rossi's car was facing sideways and when hit was pushed forward with the truck. The SUVs shouldn't have still been right next to each other unless Scratch backed his truck up and ran into everyone again.

If you watch the 12x22 cliffhanger, it looks like there might be a fence in the background of a shot. But I don't recall seeing a fence or guardrail in 13x01.

Here's the 12x22 cliffhanger and 13x01 opening scenes. In 12x22 you can see car #1 get pushed to the side and turned slightly while car #2 gets pushed further away. But in 13x01 they're close together again

Old 09-30-2017, 05:46 AM
Addicted Fan

you are right... damn, Luke got out without a scratch and JJ gets injured and Walker is dead, that makes no sense at all.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Welcome to the world of TV I guess

I should just ignore it, but I would really like more than just "whiplash" as Walker's death I blame myself though. For the past few weeks I was like "watch them say Walker died of whiplash".
Old 09-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

in the crash i thought both SUV ,once rammed turned over. The Tractor trailer based on the premire hit stevens side of the car head on, so he got the full brunt of the ramming . JJ got the smashed glass being she was in front . Luke was drivng one of the SUV's .

I expect next week we will see Steves pic on the wall of fallen FBI

Last edited by Logan; 10-01-2017 at 04:41 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Matt, if you look at the sneak peek clip from 13x01, you'll see that the driver's side tire and front of Luke, Walker and JJ's car is smashed in. That means Luke's side got hit. And Prentiss was sitting passenger seat in her car and that's the door that's opened. In the finale, we see Prentiss and Tara's side get hit and Luke's side got hit. We're probably just supposed to assume JJ and Walker's side smashed into something else or maybe Scratch possibly hit them again.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Addicted Fan

I hate it when we need to assume aka fill in the blanks.

From watching those scenes, Prentiss and Tara got the worst, imo they should've been in critical condition... and we basically know anything about Tara and Prentis is totally ok, ready to fight Scratch, come on...

And it seemed after Walker death, Rossi was in the worst condition, then Tara, JJ, Prentiss.

I forgot to say, Will at the funelar looks baaaadass dayum. Pulling of some James Bond look.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I forgot to say, Will at the funelar looks baaaadass dayum. Pulling of some James Bond look.
Cause will / Josh was just playing a russian spy sniper master of disguise on USA net show Shooter !!

So 6 weeks is the time between ep on the show , timne enough for everyone to get better.
Reid not sure of another season of dealing with reid head issues
Old 10-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I agree, believer, it can be really annoying when you have to fill in a lot of the blanks. Sometimes I just want the answer! But especially when it comes off as flawed, which in this case, some of the aftermath was flawed and they had to redirect a bit because of the shake up over the hiatus.

Matt, I was wondering if we would see Walker's picture on the wall of fallen agents. If they show his picture, does that mean they have to pay Damon? I'm not sure how that works. But I'm worried if that's the case we won't even get to see Walker on the wall! I know they showed Strauss in season 11. Not sure how that kind of stuff works.

Will did look amazing at the funeral

And Matt, I do agree about Reid. I love Reid, but he just had a lot of personal stories last season, it would be nice if they went back to focusing more on just the cases with a few team personal moments thrown in. I think we'll have to see some fallout with Reid though, it only makes sense. But I hope it doesn't drag out throughout the whole season. Just take a few episodes the beginning showing him struggling with being back and adjusting. But I hope they don't make it go on for too long. We'll probably get a Simmons episode soon, and I think we need an episode delving into Luke a bit more.

Another thing about the episode: I wish they could have given a brief explanation about Morgan. He was supposed to meet up with Reid for breakfast. The premiere picks up immediately after the finale. There shouldn't have been enough time for Morgan and Reid to have breakfast and then Morgan fly back home. Plus, who is with Reid's mom? No way he found a place for her or someone to watch her that fast. Did Morgan stay with Reid's mom? Does Morgan even know about what happened? I mean, he knew the team was going after Scratch. If he was with Reid and Reid suddenly had to bail, Morgan would know something was up. And if Morgan did know, I can't see him just leaving knowing Prentiss is missing and his friends just lost one of their co-workers, plus add in JJ, Rossi and Tara were injured and Morgan had worked with all of them
Reply   Post New Thread