Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Discussion, 12x07: Mirror Image [Airs November 30th]

12x07:
Mirror Image

The BAU team opens an investigation when a man who fully believes he’s Dr. Tara Lewis’ (Aisha Tyler) brother
arrives in town, knowing everything about her and her family, and she is unable to make contact with her real sibling

Promo:

[x]

Last edited by Musidora; 11-30-2016 at 10:02 AM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting this!

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Thanks for the new thread

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
runawaaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Sneak peek
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I almost wish this wasn't the sneak peak . Pretty funny everyone knows who Tara's brother is except Garcia ..
Old 11-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

More sneak peeks

[VIDEO] ‘Criminal Minds’ Season 12 — Tara’s ‘Brother’ an UnSub | TVLine

http://www.tvguide.com/news/criminal...ag=TVG_Twitter

Last edited by jls2971; 11-29-2016 at 01:23 PM
Old 11-30-2016, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
I almost wish this wasn't the sneak peak . Pretty funny everyone knows who Tara's brother is except Garcia ..
This was funny! It was a light-hearted scene but a cute one.

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TY for the new thread. Excited about this episode, focus on my girl Tara
Old 12-01-2016, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I really like this episode

Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Excellent ep .. Mr Scratch is back I wonder if this was, before Thomas got fired, might have also aimed at Hotch .
Aishia once again has won me over . Her part and backstory was very well done .
Glad we got a full backstory on Tara , her family etc .
Garcia and Prentiss scenes so funny . Add in any ep with JJ / Prentiss working together always makes me happy .
Old 12-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Tara was heavily featured in this episode. That was really a Tara centric episode. Yet she was not the best part of the eppy for me.
Prentiss'#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I was very impressed with Aisha in this eppy.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I just watched this episode. Curses for being a week late!

So, hasn't the BAU had budget issues before? I could have sworn in a few episodes they made mention that they had to make cuts? But now all of a sudden Emily can make the budgets work in her favor and gets a budget increase and gets enough so to hire a new agent?

Speaking of a new agent, do they really need 8 team members (with 7 agents in the field)? Do they just really want extra hands on deck to catch Mr. Scratch? Do they think without Hotch they'll need more people because he was so good at his job and is irreplaceable? Why now do they feel the need to up the team to 8 members instead of the usual 7? I do think Emily just really wants as many people as possible to bring down Mr. Scratch. You could tell in this episode she was getting frustrated about Mr. Scratch.

Lol at Garcia calling Emily "ma'am" and Emily getting irritated and asking her to stop

Okay, so every serial killer took the day off. So, since they had some free time and not much to do, couldn't they have spent time looking for Mr. Scratch or trying to get more leads on his whereabouts? I mean, Emily wants to hire a new agent to help capture Mr. Scratch, so since they weren't doing any cases at the beginning, they could have mentioned they were looking for Scratch. Even a mention of "we haven't been able to find any leads yet" would have been fine. I mean, Mr. Scratch is the reason Hotch (their friend and former boss) and Jack are in Witness Protection. You'd think they would be spending some of their free time trying to catch Mr. Scratch. And I get that if he's dormant they may not be able to find much on him, but like I said, a simple "We haven't gotten any new leads" would have been a nice throw away line. Oh well

I liked Prentiss calling Mr. Scratch a "rat faced son of a bitch" and saying they wouldn't lose anyone else on her watch. However, I think that line about being tired of losing to Mr. Scratch would have been better if JJ or Reid said it. I mean, they've been dealing with Scratch since 2015 (end of season 10) whereas Prentiss just got back and hasn't had to deal with Mr. Scratch as much. But just a little nitpick.

But overall I thought the episode was pretty good. I'm glad we got to learn more about Tara and her family. I wanted to get to know a bit more about her last season, especially in "Devil's Backbone" where we got a little bit of a glimpse. So it was nice that they finally explored Tara. And Garcia was totally speaking for the fans when she said they know little about Tara.

And of course, that beginning with Prentiss, Garcia and the bet was funny. Only Garcia would have a presentation on a team member and her family drama

This was one of the better episodes this season, but not the best. I think I liked Elliott's Pond and Crimson King better. Since it was known early on that Mr. Scratch was behind everything, there wasn't a lot of suspense.

Very little Joe/Rossi and not a lot of Matthew/Reid. But Joe was directing and MGG might have been doing post production stuff.

I do wonder if the Mr. Scratch story was always going to last this long. Do they have to drag it out longer now since Thomas/Hotch is gone. I was wondering about that because if they catch Mr. Scratch, Hotch no longer has to be in Witness Protection. Sure, he doesn't have to come back to the BAU, but if he's no longer in Witness Protection it's not like the team can't talk to him.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I liked the episode, it was great, especially the background of Tara and her family.

MAGNIFICENT ACTING from Alimi!

Mr Scratch story is kind of tiresome and without Hotch doesn't have the same effect.
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread